Girls should wrestle guys

Started: 3/18/2016 Category: Sports

Pro means I think girls should wrestle guys in competitions. I am a female high school wrestler and I might possibly continue in college, but the thing is there are plenty of people who believe girls shouldn't wrestle. Girls are capable of doing things that guys do and it has always worked that way for me. Wrestling is a great sport where you are strong both physically and mentally strong. I find it to be fun and one of the hardest sports.

I'm writing a touching romance visual novel; so I'll just write this for now.

Let me start with this:

"Strength and muscle characteristics were examined in biceps brachii and vastus lateralis of eight men and eight women. Measurements included motor unit number, size and activation and voluntary strength of the elbow flexors and knee extensors. Fiber areas and type were determined from needle biopsies and muscle areas by computerized tomographical scanning. The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass. A significant correlation was found between strength and muscle cross-sectional area (CSA; P < or = 0.05). The women had 45, 41, 30 and 25% smaller muscle CSAs for the biceps brachii, total elbow flexors, vastus lateralis and total knee extensors respectively. The men had significantly larger type I fiber areas (4597 vs 3483 microns2) and mean fiber areas (6632 vs 3963 microns2) than the women in biceps brachii and significantly larger type II fiber areas (7700 vs 4040 microns2) and mean fiber areas (7070 vs 4290 microns2) in vastus lateralis. No significant gender difference was found in the strength to CSA ratio for elbow flexion or knee extension, in biceps fiber number (180,620 in men vs 156,872 in women), muscle area to fiber area ratio in the vastus lateralis 451,468 vs 465,007) or any motor unit characteristics. Data suggest that the greater strength of the men was due primarily to larger fibers. The greater gender difference in upper body strength can probably be attributed to the fact that women tend to have a lower proportion of their lean tissue distributed in the upper body."

"Men are 50 percent stronger than women in brute strength.
Female lung capacity is about 30 percent less than in males."

This shows there are physical differences between men and women. Men are, on average, stronger than women.

"Females appear to sustain concussions at higher rates than men, with women playing basketball, lacrosse, and soccer at highest risk. They often have more severe signs and symptoms, and recover less quickly than men.
Women also experience shoulder injuries more often than men. Compared with men, they have less upper body strength, weaker rotator cuff and periscapular muscles, and looser supporting tissues. This creates shoulder instability. Sports that use the shoulder muscles extensively (eg, swimming, softball, volleyball) increase the risk of rotator cuff injury, tightness, and pain. Shoulder injuries are more likely to recur than other injuries"

This shows women are more likely to get injured compared to males. Let's put this together.

Weaker + Higher Risk For Injury= Separate League

It's the wisest thing to do. Put women into a separate league like the NBA did to women. That away, they can still play and be competitive. It won't be one-sided.

Anime OP:

Arigatou! Watch the anime OP! The songs and animation are amazing! Some of my favorite anime are there!

Girls will get hurt no matter what, but that is what lifting is for. In my(team) case we work on our upper body strength as much as we can as well. We do row boats with the grip going outwards so we can strengthen our latossimus doris which is the muscle that we use often when we snap a person down or somewhat push them. I've wrestled for three years already and I have wrestled against guys for two of my years when I was in a wrestling program. I was able to stand against them and not get injured to badly, I got small bruise and cuts but that also happens while wrestling against girls. Weightlifting can help strengthen your body so strength is not much a problem, it just takes some training maybe its a little more than a normal girl wrestler but I don't think of that as a problem.

You just saying something without factual citations does not make it so. They may be weak men. They are also only 14; so maybe their muscles aren't really developed. I lifted weights before in middle school. (8th grade) I was in the heavy lifters group. Due to that, I lost a lot of weight and got a lot stronger. Now, I look and feel great. The only reason why I quit was to go to college early. I know that all the guys there could beat the girls in a wrestling match. Not only that, they could injure them.

Also watch the videos in the comments sections.

"Prior to puberty, there is no gender-based physiological reason to separate females and males in sports competition. In fact, research demonstrates that girls who participate with boys in youth sports are more resilient. ... After puberty, coeducational competition should be encouraged at all levels where there are rules that require equal numbers of females and males on both teams and also rules that maximize fair competition between the sexes."

We wrestle and go live with guys. we go 100% on one another. Yes, I may lose some times but you have to remember that wrestling is not only about strength. You must a calm clear mind as soon as you step on the mat. You are doomed to loose if you are not calm. I'm a tactical girl but when I need to I will also muscle things if I must.

"Mixed gender teams of highly competitive athletes almost instantly earn each others respect and quickly learn from each other."

I've learned so much by working with guys as well, not only do I learn how the girl wrestle but I also learn a different view point by wrestling with guys.

Most injuries will no go very far because of the referees that are watching the matches unless of course you land wrong, then that is the wrestlers problem who should've learned how to fall before learning moves. As long as you can keep up with your match I see no problem.

(I really love wrestling with both the girls and boys because its more fun and gets me fired up. I'm a competitive person and if my opponent is stronger I will attempt to learn their weakness and a short period of time we have. :3 also later, when I finish with my essay)

First, my opponent does not list her sources. This makes her claims invalid.

Second, she drops my point that boys are stronger than women before puberty (around 12 and lower)

Third, this was the agreed topic: Girls should be able to wrestle against guys on a competitive level.

Just take these into account.

My opponent has conceded key points that makes my case strong; such as women are weaker than men as they develop. She also drops the point that women will not be as competitive as men when they grow older. She drops the point that women are more likely to be injured by replying "so what?"

Such differences between the genders can be noted by the army (1)

All-male 0311 (rifleman) infantry squads had better accuracy compared to gender-integrated squads. There was a notable difference between genders for every individual weapons system (i.e. M4, M27, and M203) within the 0311 squads, except for the probability of hit & near miss with the M4.

All-male infantry crew-served weapons teams engaged targets quicker and registered more hits on target as compared to gender-integrated infantry crew-served weapons teams, with the exception of M2 accuracy.

All-male squads, teams and crews and gender-integrated squads, teams, and crews had a noticeable difference in their performance of the basic combat tasks of negotiating obstacles and evacuating casualties. For example, when negotiating the wall obstacle, male Marines threw their packs to the top of the wall, whereas female Marines required regular assistance in getting their packs to the top. During casualty evacuation assessments, there were notable differences in execution times between all-male and gender-integrated groups, except in the case where teams conducted a casualty evacuation as a one-Marine fireman’s carry of another (in which case it was most often a male Marine who “evacuated” the casualty)"

My opponent does not give sufficient reasoning why women should be on the same wrestling teams as boys besides claiming she is quoting from a source that she doesn't even list in her citations.

These are not adequate rebuttals. Overall, this debate was very lazy; and mainly driven by the passion and drive of the instigator as she ignores the facts I have presented to keep what she wants to believe a reality.

Since Pro naturally has the BoP, she needs to prove that women should be able to compete against boys in EVERY age.

I have fulfilled my BoP by showing that as teens and adults, men are stronger and can injure a girl easier. Even before puberty, I have shown women injure easier. As time goes by, the physical difference between males and females will be too great for females to overcomes; just like in the army. Eventually, even Pro herself will do best in a gender-specific league.

The answer to why women should not compete with men on the same team is simple.

They are physically not as strong and capable as men in sports such as wrestling.

Thank you for your time.

Posted by Cooldudebro 7 months ago
Yes, i have.
Posted by Vox_Veritas 7 months ago
Cooldudebro, have you ever heard of Blue Gender?
Posted by Cooldudebro 7 months ago
This was a good debate just to kill time.Nothing serious. Just fun. If you want me to give you a serious debate, you could challenge me again.
Posted by Cooldudebro 7 months ago
Ohhh okay. Good luck with that.
Posted by Yesi_kitty 7 months ago
I will attempt to watch it one of these days but right now im just taking a break. I have to go back to finish my essay.
Posted by Cooldudebro 7 months ago

and here's what I mean when I say like a boyfriend. I ship them. They're around the same age (19 and 15)

It's cute and she really loves him.
Posted by Cooldudebro 7 months ago

Yuuji and Makina aren't related. He's like a father figure/boyfriend to her.
Posted by Cooldudebro 7 months ago

Watch this too!

I love when he saves Makina's life! *spoiler*
Posted by Cooldudebro 7 months ago
How about this.

Change the topic to:
Girls should be able to wrestle against guys on a competitive level

and I'll accept.

Vote Placed by Shrekoning 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con had listed sources and had much more professional tone. Pro did not use any sources. Pro and Con were both respectful and did not insult each other. Con's writing flows better in my opinion.