Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
american5

Give gay's the same rights as straight people.

Akemi_Loli_Mokoto

Akemi_Loli_Mokoto

Pro

I am all for giving gay's the SAME rights as straight people. This includes(but not limited to):

1) Allowing gay's to adopt children
2) Letting gay's get married(but let the church choose who they marry in their building)
3) Let gay's serve in the military

There is NO legit reason to deprive gays the same rights as straight people. The only reason is you think gay's shouldn't have the same right's as straight people is because you think it's wrong, or it's a sin, or it's nasty, or whatever. Those are not good reason.
american5

Con

first of all why are those not good reasons we live in a democracy if the people say no that's good enough second of all it is a sin and third of all marriage is sacred and holy when you do it your promising to God to obey his marriage laws the same God that is against homosexuals.

second gays adopting kids should be wrong because homosexuals is useless heterosexuals at least add to the population homosexuals don't even do that they just go around being gay making the planet a worse place we should not expose the next generation to this.

third I have no problem with gays in the military as long as we don't know about it people seriously don't need to know its not like strait people go around saying hey people I'm strait and brag about it to gays who don't care but the gays do don't ask don't tell.
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto

Pro

Ok, here is the thing: The US is NOT a democracy. It is a Constitutional republic. It's stated in the pledge and in the constitution(just to name a few locations). Next, I don't care if it is a sin or not, god should not influence the law. Besides, there is no reliable or definitive evidence god exist, so... anyway, gay adoption. When a kid is abandoned by their parent, I am 100% sure the last thing they are thinking about is if their new parents are gay or not. They are just happy to be in a home where they will be loved. I would know, I was adopted. There is NO reliable evidence showing if a gay or gay couple adopts a child, that child will be screwed for life. NONE! And discriminating who can adopt a child based off sexuality instead of background and an economic ability to support a child, is stupid and unfair. Finally, even if a gay person opens up in the military, the military personnel are there to protect the US or it's allies. If you can't do your job knowing a gay is in your group, then you shouldn't be in the military because your sensitivity and morality will be an issue that may come up in the future.

More on Gay adoption: Evidence that is very reliable shows children put in gay homes are just as likely to be well-adjusted as those raised by straight parents.(http://docfiles.justia.com...)
and (https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov...). Still not good enough? Here is more science showing kids in gay homes are ok: http://people.virginia.edu...

Now unless you have links to reliable(non-bias) evidence showing I am wrong, then I think it would be best for you to forfeit.
american5

Con

The United States of America is a Republic Democtaratic Capitalism in other words we vote on our choices or we choose people to vote for us and we have a Capitalist economy so yes we are a Democracy.

Second God is law he created everything I think we should do what he tells us and yes their is proof God existed in 1814 when the Brits burnt down Washington a freak tornado chased them out saving the country explain that.

Third yes its the last thing their thinking about but that's what's sad their desperate and they are corrupted because of it and no it wont screw them for life but its still a major dis advantage.

Four its not about not doing your job homosexuality is a very heated topic going against moral beliefs and you don't need soldiers squabbling over something like that when they should be working together it would just make it easier if the person would keep their mouth shut one of the worst things a commander can have is soldiers fighting amongst themselves.

http://www.roanoke.com...
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto

Pro

The United States is a constitutional republic. By definition it is a state in which the head of state and other officials are representatives of the people and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over all of its citizens. That is how America is. Still need more? In a constitutional republic, executive, legislative, and judicial powers are separated into distinct branches(http://www.trumanlibrary.org...), sounds like america doesn't it?

God is NOT law, and nor is the bible. I am a storm chaser and future Meteorologist(seriously), tornado's are not unheard of in Washington DC, the last that I can recall was a few days after September 11th(really bad luck) when a series hit the area. That particular tornado in 1814 was just another tornado event, nothing unusual meteorologically. During/after a hurricane hit the area(again, not unheard of). If you want to follow that logic, then I guess we can say god caused 9/11 and since it didn't satusfy him, he put a tornado down a few days after the attack. Hey, the last tornado before that was 1995, that's got to mean something right? Nope, it's just a coincidence. That's it.

Finally, the brave men and women go out there knowing they may have to kill bad guys(and civilians may be killed too), but they go out there. I am positive that the last thing on their mind is if a gay is amongst them. Their first concern is protecting themselves and others. Now according to a CBS poll, most troops support the repeal of DADT. Still not enough? A Pew Research Center poll shows most American favor letting gays serve openly in the military. The point is, gay's have just as much of a right to serve openly in the military as a heterosexual person.

I'm sure you'll often hear a straight guy bragging about his wife or girlfriend and what they will do when he returns. But god forbid a gay brings up his husband or boyfriend. All hell will break lose, bodies will hit the dirt, and utter chaos will ensue as the chain of command and allies try to restore order...right? Nope. They will likely accept it as if it were just another guy talking about his girl. But oh, I can hear the rumbles beginning now. I can hear you getting all puffed up w/ your righteous indignation and your superior sense of morality, tsk-tsking about how insensitive, absurd, and unrealistic I'm being. SAVE IT! I'm Immune to your moral exhibitionism. Deep down inside you know I'm, right.

I've given more than my 2 cent. I've thrown a roll of half dollars at your head, so I don't need to continue any more. My point has been made. It's been fun.
american5

Con

We are a democracy ask anyone in the world we vote that's a democracy a government of the people and were that.

second God is law he is the one who will make the final choice for where you go second unheard of no but what is unheard of is them chasing out columns of Brits and saving countries you activists always call it a chance or a coincidence.

third yeah that's not on their mind in combat but in training and occupation yeah its a problem. Plus no one has a problem with heterosexual's because its natural and no one is offended by it many find homosexual's as morally wrong. I'm just saying that it causes problems that could be easily fixed by some people getting counseling to help their mind set because it isn't a conscious choice but its a choice a mental disease.
Posted by atomsmasher 5 years ago
atomsmasher
Gay people get more rights than straight people when they are given rights look at gay pride parades they get the right to run around naked in public if there was a straight pride parade and some guy was up there touching his girlfriend we would all get arrested this is dumb!
Posted by Dejon 5 years ago
Dejon
Rights,
Yes they should have a citizens rights like any other citizens, to live, to freedom of speech, democracy, right to study, rights to travel, rights to work etc.
But the right to adopt!! I believe we are created as man and women, Adam and Eve, not two men, its a father and a mother to raise a child, not to hormonal imbalanced men with all due respect.
the child in fact should be protected from such atmosphere and to live a natural life.
Not to be subjected to grow up with gay parents who have sex through the end of the digestive systems.

Some mother developed this baby for 9 months in her womb,maybe she died, maybe she left that baby, But that does not mean that he should be thrown into wrong atmosphere.
How can they feel like parents if they cannot produce a baby themselves, how many have molested children themselves, if they are perverted sexually aways from Natural sex, why can they not molest a child.

This is absurd asking for such right, They chose this perversion for themselves OKAY, but they cannot choose it for another innocent baby.
Posted by Geostigmatism 5 years ago
Geostigmatism
Its sad that you all are having an argument as to whether or not Akemi has bad grammar... like reaally?
Posted by american5 5 years ago
american5
dude are you seriously this ticked off because some one criticised your grammar I mean this with the up most respect but dude you have self esteem issues and you need to learn to pick you battles.
Posted by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
Akemi.....
Go to my settings
Click deactivate account
??????
Profit
Posted by Akemi_Loli_Mokoto 5 years ago
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
I will admit, I am arrogant. I'm not going to lie. I am a total assbag. I am proud of the assbaggery, but the arrogance, I don't know. But please believe me, I do NOT think I am better than everybody and I don't think I am superior to everybody. I don't even think I am better than you, nor do I think you are better than me. Why? Because I don't know you. BUT I will say, I am more well-informed than most people in the US. That is the cause of my arrogance...that and my DASHING good looks.
Posted by drafterman 5 years ago
drafterman
Yeah. I chose to bitch about it. But not out of the blue. I agree it's kind of stupid to just pick random people on the Internet and bitch about their grammar.

But given the staggering amount of arrogance you're displaying, I think putting you in your place is warranted. If you're truly as smart as you claim and imply you are, then you should be held to a higher standard than everyone else. Given that you can't even seem to meet standards applied to us average people ... well, that says all it needs to say, doesn't it?
Posted by Akemi_Loli_Mokoto 5 years ago
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
I'll tell you the same thing I tell certain people on Twitter and my friend's. I don't have to explain s...jack squat to you or anybody else. But if "inappropriate" use of apostrophes is what you choose to bitch about, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, you need to find something constructive to do. Maybe, help join the military, run for office, or hell, join Al Qaeda and "change" America. I'll even give you their website, if it helps.
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
wow, really wow.
Posted by drafterman 5 years ago
drafterman
Then explain your inappropriate use of apostraphe.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
Akemi_Loli_Mokotoamerican5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Utter fail by Con. To debate something like this, merely pointing to the bible, without giving logical reason why to support that is always going to fail in a debate.
Vote Placed by izbo10 5 years ago
izbo10
Akemi_Loli_Mokotoamerican5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con wasn't even aware of how the united states works, probably influenced by the christian right.
Vote Placed by rogue 5 years ago
rogue
Akemi_Loli_Mokotoamerican5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con could not accept the fact that the US is NOT a democracy. Also it is clear that our policy is separation of church and state. Con ignored this and pushed arguments that had been refuted.
Vote Placed by Calvincambridge 5 years ago
Calvincambridge
Akemi_Loli_Mokotoamerican5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Too much ad hom
Vote Placed by 1Historygenius 5 years ago
1Historygenius
Akemi_Loli_Mokotoamerican5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Quite an interesting debate. Both did very good.