Bay
eltigrey

Glee is a good show

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Bay

Pro

I am a Gleek, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Just look at my avatar. I've heard some people say that Glee is a bad show and it butchers good songs, but in my opinion it brings back old songs like a tribute to them, and I believe most artists should be proud that it has been brought back and introduced to this generation, and not the crappy pop like that Ke$ha girl or such.
eltigrey

Con

I do not think glee is a "bad" show, I just don't think its that "good."

I pressume that first round is acceptance

You will be arguing why glee is good show, while I argue that it is not a good show

You may start
Bay

Pro

Sorry, I'm new to this debate.org thing so I apologise in advance if I sound newb-ish.

I believe that Glee is a good show because what I have stated above, paying tribute to older artists and newer artists. It doesn't autotune to death (exception to Heather Morris who dances her butt off not sing her butt off, and the songs that they use autotune to show the effect of the song). It states what High School is actually like, and not some crappy drama that's nothing like real High School (*cough cough* Degrassi *cough cough*). RIB (Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan, Brad Falchuck, the directors) created one good show.
eltigrey

Con

Don't worry about being a "noob." I'm not much of a good debater myself but I will give it my all.

C1: Image

Glee has portrayed high school as a safer environment that it actually is. It gives high school off as a drug-free, constant drama, environment, thus a false image towards the viewer what high school is actually like. The message that Glee sends out promotes the famous "believe in your dreams" sort of shenanigans, which can harshen the reality of a viewer, when they realize that this show is all fiction.

C2: Audience

The show is made up of remade, auto tuned music that some people can find unappealing. Glee's audience is mainly girls. Guys tend to deny that they like Glee ever time Glee is brought up. Not to say guys don't like this, but a "good show" usually consists of male and female viewers, and not a majority.

C3: Music

Sure, they bring back those old songs you used to miss and turn them into a interesting cover, but the problem that I and others have is the intense amount of auto tone they use. I've noticed that the voice of the actress/actor is changed even when there is barley any background music. Take this extremely auto tuned video at the top. (Note I agree with Sue Sylvester.)

Good luck in the next round
(You should probably do your rebuttals next round)
Bay

Pro

Bay forfeited this round.
eltigrey

Con

All Right, My Rebuttals

"and I believe most artists should be proud that it has been brought back and introduced to this generation, and not the crappy pop like that Ke$ha girl or such."

Well one of that Ke$ha girls songs made it on the show, as you can see in one of the videos next to me. Now I'm going to assume that you probably did not like this episode of glee for this remade version of an artist whom you dislike. Just a point.

"It doesn't auto tune to death"

Like in my debate, look at the song above "Telephone" by lady gaga, that has been gleed. The small girl in that video is very talented, but there is one point where it is a little to auto tuned. I will see if you can find it.

Okay will if you didn't find it, it was at 53 seconds into the clip, and let me say, I cannot agree more with Sue Sylvester.

"It states what High School is actually like, and not some crappy drama that's nothing like real High School"

C1

Hopefully my opponent does not forfeit her next round.
Bay

Pro

Bay forfeited this round.
eltigrey

Con

Pro (sadly) Forfeits, Vote Con
Bay

Pro

Bay forfeited this round.
eltigrey

Con

eltigrey forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
BayeltigreyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Three forfeited turns by Pro.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
BayeltigreyTied