9spaceking
that_one_girl

Glimbozonous

9spaceking

Pro

I have invented my own peculiar religion: Glimbozonous. I call it that for no reason.
Con has to say why my religion would not work.
(If such a religion really exists, please tell me and I can convert to that belief)
I believe....approximately 15 billion years ago...there was nothing. Nothing at all. But as the environment cannot be forever like this, based on the quantum mechanics that "if something can happen, no matter how unlikely the chances are, it is bound to happen sometime." So, something happened, something of such a small chance of happening that it took a billion years for it to happen--energy was somehow created from "nothing."
(However, this does not go against the law of physics, because nothing happened for one billion years, and because so much potential energy is stored in one placed, it formed a huge ball of energy, which I call "glimbo energy".) This energy is not normal--it has a sense of consciousness within it. It took the shape and form of what Christians know as "God". Because of its consciousness it created earth, (basic) life, and etc. etc. in merely six planck time similar to how god created earth in six days.
However, because each reaction has an equal reaction, this glimbo energy lost its consciousness, and became pure energy.
A billion years passed, and the pure energy became very very massive within a condensed space, and because such, it collapsed upon itself and created....
THE BIG BANG.
Thank you, thank you.
I think my belief makes sense because of quantum mechanics, and evidence of the big bang. I believe "god" did create earth, but only in six planck time, and he lost his sentience in the process of spending so much energy, and after a billion years of attempting to get his consciousness back, he (now an "it") failed, collasping on himself, creating the big bang, explaining both the Christians' belief and the Athiests' belief.
Congrats to myself. Now the two religions no longer have to argue over who is correct.
(You could point out "well why didn't it just collaspe on itself and Big Bang?" Well, I point out our Earth is the only "Earth-like" planet in hundreds, thousands, perhaps even millions of light years. I wanted to ensure the planet's safety.
Earth is protected from the massive explsoion because a tiny part of the sentience of "God" remains on earth. But it got destroyed within the big bang, explaining why God is so cruel, letting the population die without helping us or answering our prayers, AND explaining the Big Bang.)
Good luck countering my belief!
that_one_girl

Con

This is not a debate that can be rich in opinions. I can just as easily explain why this "Glimbozonous" belief is absolutely absurd as you explained it to be true, which, by the way, was not very plentiful in facts to back it up, only what YOU believe is true and why you believe so. It is logical that in the process of billions of years, something could form from SOMETHING, but there is no possibility of something being formed from NOTHING, thus the theory of Biogenesis, the scientifically proven belief that everything comes from something. The human race is a skeptical species. We have a hard time believing anything unless we see it. Therefore, the thought of "God" scares us. How could something or someone be real if we can't see it? It says in the Bible that God presents himself at least once in everyone's lifetime, whether it be from another human trying to educate us about Him or God Himself saving our life in a way that appears to be "good luck". But because God is not a logical spirit, humans like yourself attempt again and again to contradict what the Bible says. Now, about the Big Bang Theory, it is just that. A theory. It has not been scientifically PROVEN whatsoever. Yet the acts of God have. The calculated possibility of the "Big Bang" being true is 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000ths of a chance, so slim that even scientists have said it is An impossibility. It also says in the Bible that God puts doubts in our minds to test us, and the one who is continually faithful in him is the one who will be blessed. Bad things happen to good people, but He says He will bless those who stay faithful through the things endure. I don't see anyone being blessed when they stay faithful to the "Big Bang" or, "Glimbozonous". Wouldn't you rather believe in SOMETHING an find out it's not true rather then not believe in THIS and find out it isn't when it's too late? Please attempt to prove me wrong. Thank you.
9spaceking

Pro

Please see this: http://www.washingtonpost.com....
To sum it up, evidence have been found of the big bang.
If you still don't belive me visit these links: http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...
http://sploid.gizmodo.com...;
http://www.nbcbayarea.com...;

Now, when I said "nothing" I did not really mean nothing. The universe is theorized either made out of "strings" or "quantum foam", both of which are only one planck lengh, a length so small that it is not even imagined. Because they are so small, it takes a billion years to create enough potential energy for a Big Bang.

I never said that all of God's sentience has gone, I merely said "pure energy became very very massive within a condensed space, and because such, it collapsed upon itself and created....
THE BIG BANG."
It may not be very clear to you, and I'm sorry for not stating this before, but "God"'s consciousness still remains throughout the universe, attempting to save people, but unable to save millions of people. This explains why "God is so cruel" and doesn't stop wars, plagues, and etc.etc. --it's because God does not have enough energy to do so!
Why can't we see god? His energy got massively destroyed! Only tiny tiny parts of it remain throughout the universe, and energy can be potential, unseen at the same time!
Example: if a glass of water is just sitting there, do you see the potential energy? Nope.
" because God is not a logical spirit...."
logical: according to or agreeing with the principles of logic
http://dictionary.reference.com...
logic: the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
http://dictionary.reference.com...;

I never stated whether god was a logical spirit or not, I only said god had enough consciousness and reasoning in the first place to create a world of life, and able to sustain it. After it created the world of life, it lost most of its consciousness, and struggled to obtain it back, failing finally, and destroying itself with the Big Bang, explaining the evidence of the Big Bang and how earth is a unique planet and why "God" does not help us in crucial times. (Because only limited consciousness is left of "God".)
In conclusion I still believe in Glimbozonous.
that_one_girl

Con

There was no reason to put the definition of logic; we all know what it is. Also, the websites do not prove anything except there are more people like you like are scared of and illogical God. I noticed you ALSO repeated a lot of the things you first stated. Thank you for that, as if I didn't catch that the first time. You say that God does not help us in crucial times. God allows things like plagues and wars to happen because this world cannot be perfect. If He ceased a war at the word "please", people would only take advantage of Him and the things He is so very capable of doing. God has PLENTY of energy to stop a war or a plague, or anything traumatic at all. But the truth is, God doesn't have "energy". He is not a THING with something magnetic flowing through him, like potential energy. He has power, and this power is energized by "love". I suggest looking up a few of God's miracles. If He does not love us, why would He do the things He has done. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, Jesus, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life." Meaning those who love Him can be forgiven, thus "Free Will". God gave us free will so we can choose to go against him, you being an example, or we can choose to love Him back, for what He has given us, myself being an example. Let us move on :)
You may still be saying, "If he loves us so much like you say, why does he still let terrible things happen to us?" God allows evil to occur partly for reasons we know and partly for those we do not. See carm.com(If God is all Powerful and Loving, Why is There Suffering in the World?). We know God uses evil things to discipline us (refer back to free will) when we go against Him, as you can infer from my first debate. See Proverbs 3:11. He also uses pain and suffering to TEACH us. If we have never pricked our fingers on a fish hook, how do we know not to do it all the time? Also see Proverbs 15:32.
It is not logically necessary to assume that just because God has allowed pain and suffering during crucial times, it means he cannot. He can do so at the snap if His fingers. "Only tiny tiny parts of God's power still exists"? That is your excuse because you don't want to believe. And, no offense, but if God's power has been destroyed, as you stated with no reliable proof to back it up, then WHAT destroyed it? God created the universe, you said so yourself. He made man in His image. Could you honestly believe that the universe turned on the One who created I and destroyed His power? That made the Top of the most ignorant things I have heard. Glimbozonous is a grain of sand on a huge beach when it comes to Him. He can prove Himself. Can your belief do that?
9spaceking

Pro

The Big Bang sucked up God's power.
(I mean, what else could have created an all-powerful mighty energy bang that created the universe? Only energy could have created energy. The Bible says absolutely nothing about refuting the proof of the Big Bang.)
You still have nothing disproving whether it is God himself still existing or just a small part of God. There is no proof of anything mighty happening after Earth and those septillions of planets being created. Glimbozonous explains how "God" was able to create earth super-fastly and the Big Bang, but unable to do anything nearly as mighty from them on because his energy was spent on doing those things, following the laws of Conservation of Energy, and explaining the daily "miracles" and "bad coincidences" (because each action has an equal reaction, remember? That would explain all the miracles and lucky things happening to everyone everyday but the bad accidents as well.
You source the Bible. The Bible says God created earth in six days? What the hay man? My religion shrinks it down to six planck time. There. Much better. The Bible talks about how God created the Garden of Eve but there somehow being a snake there that God somehow did not know about, and even if he did, he did absolutely nothing to rid of it. This shows that he respects balance and the fact that duality exists in every element of nature. Because of the duality, he spent much effort on the Big Bang and creating Earth, so much that he was destroyed himself. Logically, nothing can ever be "infinite", because even if God has "unlimited power" he can still be two times as powerful as himself. (on and on forever, and thus "infinite power" cannot be reached) Because of the impossibility of getting to infinity, God does not have infinite power and isn't "omnipotent" by the definition of omnipotent.
Because the Christian "God cannot exist, my "god" can exist. "Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It therefore must be infinite; if one is unable to add/subtract energy from the total amount in the universe, its value cannot be defined.", "Infinity isn't real in that it has no definitive value. Infinity is a result of reality because not everything in reality can be viewed as being real."
In other words, infinite is "unbounded or unlimited; boundless; endless" as seen on http://dictionary.reference.com.... Because this Christian God isn't made of energy, as far as I'm concerned. The Christian God can talk, create things like he's lucid dreaming, and decide the ultimate statement for laws of nature. However, within Glimbozonous, the God can do none of the above. He just creates everything silently, and peacefully because of his sentience nature. unlike Glimbozonous's God, the Christian God are made of matter (which was created after the Big Bang). Because such the Christian God is impossible. Glimbozonous God rules!

Read more: http://www.physicsforums.com...
Sources: http://www.ted.com...
that_one_girl

Con

I understand that you are getting frustrated, and I greatly apologize, but that was too absurd to reply to, and I would like to know your age. I would love to continue this debate with you, so If you will reread your last debate, you will find that you said God is infinite. Then you said God is not infinite. Let's ask this question. If God is not real, why do so many people follow him? We are called Christians because we understand that we will never understand God. He can do anything, even create a world logically so that the ignorant, tiny humans he has made can attempt to pull what HE has made and try to make it into something else, like Glimbozonous. I am terribly sorry that you cannot fathom the God that created you. You say that infinity cannot be calculated. God cannot be calculated either. God said, "let there be light." there's your "Big Bang" right there. God created it. It is impossible to understand who or what God is, and you are incapable of understanding Him, just like I am. That is why you have created "Glimbozonous". You say God destroyed Himself? Do you understand how ridiculous that is? You have contradicted the things you've said multiple times. Please gather what you are trying to say and then debate with me further. Thank you :)
9spaceking

Pro

This debate is annoying. BTW I'm 15.
I didn't say god was infinite. I basically said "in Christianity, God has inifite power".
Why do people follow god?
They want something to believe in, and my religion has yet to be widespread. Try asking your Christian friends if they would support this religion that puts Christianity and science together.
How ridiculous is "God destroyed himself"--God doesn't want life to be all depending on him, and he collapsed upon himslef after spending too much consciousness and energy creating earth. Hey, Christians didn't explain how God created the other septillion planets in the Bible, so I explain it.
I'm sorry for not having enough evidence. I still believe in Glimbozonous. I just like respecting all the best religions that make sense at the same time.
If con wins, I bow to him.

Even though this was probably the hardest and most frustrating debate I have yet to participate in, I still thank con for taking so much effort into his first debate.
that_one_girl

Con

I'm 15 as well. I wish the best for you.