Cameron_Christensen
alexmiller887

Global Warming Should Be Taken Less Seriously

Cameron_Christensen

Pro

I believe that global warming has been taken much too seriously. We don't need to worry so much about it, and it costs too much for the government to be spending money on it that it doesn't even have.

Here Are My Reasons:
1. Global Warming doesn't even exist. Now, this sounds like madness, but let me explain further: The earth naturally goes through periods of warming and cooling over the years. Just take a look at the ice ages! But instead, we treat it as if some horrible, unprecedented catastrophe has taken place, when truly it's all in our heads.

2. The amount of carbon put into the ecosystem is completely overshadowed by the amount of carbon put out by natural processes, such as volcanoes. It's just too much to even rival the amount that humans exert.

Those are my first two.
alexmiller887

Con

Ok, I will disillusion you of your safe argument that it does not exist.

'Global Warming doesn't even exist. Now, this sounds like madness, but let me explain further: The earth naturally goes through periods of warming and cooling over the years. Just take a look at the ice ages! But instead, we treat it as if some horrible, unprecedented catastrophe has taken place, when truly it's all in our heads'

Actually, that's wrong. You are correct that the Earth does go through periods of warming and cooling, but this graph shows differently

I think that's pretty clear that Global warming is happening.

On to your second point. It is true that volcanoes emit staggering amounts of CO2 , however only about 40% of the human waste in the atmosphere is absorbed by natural processes. Most of the volcanic CO2 is absorbed by natural processes, but in the industrial age we have overwhelemed the natural carbon cycle, as this graph shows.

I await your reply.
Congrats by the way on your first debate.

[1] http://www.livescience.com...;
[2] https://www.skepticalscience.com...;
Cameron_Christensen

Pro

Cameron_Christensen forfeited this round.
alexmiller887

Con

Extend all arguments and rebuttals.
Cameron_Christensen

Pro

alexmiller887

Con

Extend all arguments and rebuttals. In conclusion, Global Warming should be taken seriously.
Vote Con!
Posted by Cameron_Christensen 3 years ago
Cameron_Christensen
I'm not sure what you mean.. This is my first debate on here, and I'm still a little new to all this.
Posted by Quinnciferlium 3 years ago
Quinnciferlium
I want to accept your challenge, but I do not know where to post my introduction.
Posted by Quinnciferlium 3 years ago
Quinnciferlium
What is the format for this debate?