Solarman1969
emmccarty

Global Warming (caused by man) is a Complete and Utter Hoax

Solarman1969

Pro

This is a no brainer

Al Gore and many others are pushing this latest scare tactic to force and agenda -

this agenda is to curtail fossil fuel use and encourage renewables

Now, I am in the solar business, so these fools who buy this garbage are good for business, no doubt

However, the "science" behind the theory that CO2 is a main player in global climate is LAUGHABLE

And I am going to make some unusual points that you havent heard

the earth is getting a little bit warmer (like 1 deg in 100 years) , and we have no control over it, but:

I argue that this is GOOD!

Why?

What is the greater threat to humans - Cold or Warm?

Duh!

Where do people live- North Dakota or Florida ? Saskatchewan or Southern Cal?

Hey all you folks in the midwest right now under a sheet of ice with no power- are you worried about global warming now?

Sorry you cant be here in Sunny Cal right now!

Now, we have an ice age every 11000 years or so- this is UNDENIABLE

We have had dozens of them over the history of the earth

So what caused these to recede in the past?

Duh! Global Warming- and guess what Al Gore ? it was before SUVs!

Furthermore, the temp on Mars is increasing - is that from CO2 ars well.

So what is the REAL AGENDA of the Bali Commission?

Well, listen to what they are asking for- MONEY from the RICH NATIONS!

and CONTROL over their economies!

and to think that intelligent people are buying into this

HA HA HA HA HA !

I am laughing all the way to the bank (again I am in the solar business)

And guess who is the largest emitter of pollution - China!

Guess who isnt required to do any reducing of emissions - China!

The only reason why I would opppose this blatant scare tactic is two fold:

(1) I am generally opposed to ALL the scare tactics of the left and liberals

(2) I am opposed to the attempts to screw up our economy

(3) Al Gore is a moron and makes me want to puke

(4) I see the pro-GW crowd as alarmingly stalinist- calling those of us who can inteelgently debunk them "deniers" which is a little bit too much like "Holocaust Denier" for me

But I am torn, becuase I DO WANT my SOLAR HYDROGEN economy- I have been working on bringing it about for 20+ years and we NEED TO DO IT>

Just for some references,

here is a link to a great book debunking the schmuck Gore

http://www.amazon.com...

any takers?
emmccarty

Con

I strongly disagree with the pro's argument. Al Gore has absolutely no reason to lie about this. The pro states that he does this to curtail fossil fuel usage. YES. That is the entire point. But is this evil??? Not at all. And it doesn't benefit him personally at all. He and other Global Warming Believers are doing this simply to save mankind, not to benefit themselves.

Also, their is OVERWHELMINGLY HIGH SUPPORT AMONG THE WORLD THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL. The majority of the U.S. gov't, The Pope, Canada, Austrailia, and almost all of Europe agree that global warming is set to drastically hurt and even destroy the earth. The argument that global warming exists goes much farther than just Al Gore. Also, the argument that it is false is only held by a few American politicians and large oil companies that have been known to mislead the government.

In conclusion, the GLOBAL WARMING IS TRUE THEORY is believed by the most of the world, and far more people than Al Gore support reform to stop Global Warming.
Solarman1969

Pro

Well I see youre only 14 so I will be nicer that usual- now you dont REALLY make 150K per year do you? : )

lets look at your statements

#1

Are you kidding ? Al Gore is making millions of dollars jetting around the world, and he picked up a nobel prize as well.

He flies around in jets- giving off tons of emissions

his house uses like 10 times as much energy as his neighbors

He is a total hypocrite , and is loving the limelight as he has become the grand poobah preacher of this new religion - and thats what it is- a religion

the UK has furthermore said that there are at least 9 factual errors in "An Inconvenient Truth"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk...

summary :

A High Court judge today ruled that An Inconvenient Truth can be distributed to every school in the country but only if it comes with a note explaining nine scientific errors in Al Gore's Oscar-winning film.

The Government had pledged to send thousands of copies of the film to schools across the country, but a Kent father challenged that policy saying it would "brainwash" children.

BREAK

Now we all care about the earth, and I sell solar systems for a living, i hike and bike and kayak and am totally concerned about the planet.

I also KNOW we need to get off fossil fuels for national security.

We need to use hydrogen for that- I have been pushing that for 20 years

But al Gore and the global warming crowd are NOT advocating solar hydrogen- they are pushing taxes and control so they can get rich and accrue power

here is you other point

Well, you obviously watch the news and all that you said is repreating what they say, which is REALLY SCARY and BELIEVABLE isnt it?

Well , you mention the pope here, who I admire greatly.

lets see what the pope had to say today about Global Warming :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

excerpt from article :

Pope Benedict XVI has launched a surprise attack on climate change prophets of doom, warning them that any solutions to global warming must be based on firm evidence and not on dubious ideology.

The leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics suggested that fears over man-made emissions melting the ice caps and causing a wave of unprecedented disasters were nothing more than scare-mongering.

Well now, the Pope, a man of incredible integrity, agrees with those of us who see it is scare mongering.

What I would like you to learn is that not everything that people tell you is true.

Especially DEMOCRAT TYPES. they LIE ALL THE TIME .

cheers

Solarman
emmccarty

Con

Umm... I don't think al gore jetting around GIVES HIM MOREY. Last time I checked, you have to PAY aka LOSE MONEY to fly in an airplane. And any money (if their is any) that comes with Nobel prizes must be used to further the cause that they specialize in.

OK so maybe An Inconvienient Truth has a few mistakes. Their are about 400 statistics in an Inconvienient Truth, and if only 9 are false, that would imply that the 391 others are correct. So that would mean that, for the most part, what An Inconvienient Truth says is true, and that Global Warming Is Real. I hate to say it, but your statistic hurts your argument. If you belivve that what the British Gov't says is true, that would imply that you agree with their belief that the other statistics in AIT are real.
Solarman1969

Pro

Well, you dont seem to adress my other points here, like the pope , who you cited and being a firm believer in this theory, who I just showed you quoted on Dec 11 as coming out firmly against it, saying

I am going to give you a little more insight into why this "movement" which is being taken very seriously by many, is quite simply scare mongering

Here is a link which lists over 600 , yes 600 "disaters" that are being casued by global warming, according to the silly people pushing the notion

http://www.heartland.org...

Do you really believe that CO2 emissions are going to cause all of that?

Can you maybe understand that sometimes people use SCARE tactics in order to get you to do things, like spend money, or vote for them.

This is important to understand in life, and when you get to vote.

Now, I am going to change the subject a little bit

Why am I so opposed to this theory, when I am a huge fan of renewable energy, solar, and hydrogen, which is the future of energy?

Becuase it is the wrong argument- and easily disproven

What are the REAL problems with fossil fuels?

(1) REAL POLLUTION - air pollution (SOx. NOx, Unburned hydrocarbons, ozone)and water pollution (just 1 drop of oil makes a gallon of water undrinkable)

If you look at cities like Mexico City and in China- its HORRIBLE

(2) WAR OVER OIL - why are we in Iraq?

(3) NATIONAL SECURITY - We cant keep depending on the likes of the OPEC and Chavez for our economic lifeblood

What are the REAL SOULTIONS?

(1) Solar energy, other renewables, and nuclear energy

(2) Higher efficiency in our usage of energy

(3) Hydrogen powered hybrid vehicles, planes and transportation

As much as the "global warming" crowd supports these things, rather that just saying we need to "stop" what we are doing or be "taxed" by someone, then I wont argue with them- they are good for my business, after all.

But the bottom line is that the SCIENCE of Global Warming is Wrong, dead wrong, and is a HOAX and SCARE TACTIC of Al Gore, the IPCC, and others who want to chastise the United States, and gain power and money for themselves

Mankind emitted CO2 is NOT responsible in any measurable way for changes in our earth's climate. period.

What is responsible ? the SUN!

can we do anything about it ? NO!

so DONT WORRY! DONT BE AFRAID! live your life
emmccarty

Con

Honestly I think you are just trying to support solar power. The final line in your previous post offends me. There are things we can do to stop global warming. And their IS something to worry about. At the rate we are going we will all be dead in 150 years or so. You claim to continue, living your life. That may work for our generation, but our children and grnadchildren simple may not be able to keepin "living their life" because we neglected to take action. Global Warming IS CAUSED BY MAN, that is a scientific fact that cannot be disputed. It may have been played up, but it IS CAUSED BY MAN. As I mentioned earlier, if 9 of the 400 or so facts in AIT are wrong, that woudl mean that 391 are true. 391 in favor of global warming being caused by humans v. 9 against. Look at the statistics.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
people on this site are simply not sophisticated or knowledgeable enough to see what is really happening

what are they trying to accomplish in Bali?

tax America , take the billions of dollars and say they are going to "give it to the poor nations who will be affected by Climate Change

they are not talking about Solar, Hydrogen, Nuclear Energy and other non CO2 solutions, if CO2 is such a dire crisis.

The communist america hating anti-capitalists have found their new home : THE ENVIRONMENT

They are simply saying - Americans , feel guilty- your lifestyle is destroying the environment

as they FLY AROUND IN JETS !

HA HA HA HA ! It is totally laughable

They cant decide whether the earth is going to end because of cooling or warming - for now I guess its warming

http://www.businessandmedia.org...

To say that CO2, which EVERY GREEN PLANT ON EARTH USES AS FOOD AND WE AND ALL ANIMALS EXHALE is a pollutant is simply

PREPOSTEROUS

what causes 60 degree F variations in temperature EVERY SINGLE DAY here in California ?

Duh ! the SUN

what is the major factor in weather? - WATER VAPOR, DUMMIES

These morons at the IPCC EXCLUDE WATER VAPOR FROM THEIR ANALYSIS!

It shouldnt amaze me that people and politicians could be SO GULLIBLE as to buy this latest plot from the folks who are jealous of America

and guess what ? CHINA is the #1 CO2 emitter

Good for the commies in this case- they flat out told the IPCC melonheads to F*** off and go away!

and heres some more to think about

Can you prove to me that the earth getting warmer, and more Co2 ISNT A GOOD THING?

what if, when the next ice age starts in about 5000 A.D., that the people were wishing and hoping and PRAYING TO GOD that the earth would STOP COOLING?

why dont you ask anyone east of the Rockies right now whether they are worried about warming?

Where is FEMA by the way right now?
Posted by Neruda 9 years ago
Neruda
Solarman,

What makes you so eager to to accept Avery and Singer's book's facts over Gore's video and the IPCC's findings (http://en.wikipedia.org...)?
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Plus, in the not-so-distant future, solar energy will be much cheaper than oil.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
Olive Mike

what the hell are you talking about?

I will say that I think your comment about people who buy solar panels being "fools" is wrong.

huh?

where did I say that?

what is my name ? SOLARMAN

what business am I in ? THE SOLAR BUSINESS (engineering and contracting)

DUH!

no wonder the voting here means nothing

you obviously cant read!
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
Wow wheelhouse

Impressive for only 16

I guess I shouldnt be suprised that you are smart- being both conservative and a Mormon

You like Huck instead of fellow Mormon Mitt, though ,eh?

I just dont trust anyone from Arkie for the next like 50 years : )
Posted by dulinl 9 years ago
dulinl
Eepp! edit to my last post, he did lose. But, I think it's because ppl voting their view rather than the argument. Only thing I hate about public voting...stupid sheeple, lol.
Posted by dulinl 9 years ago
dulinl
Emmccarty needs a new religion. You lost the debate, but did a good job down playing Al Gore. He makes millions on his "Carbon credit" crap. And jetting around proves he's not worried. He took a bus to get his prize but had a limo take his luggage. How you ppl take him seriously is beyond me. Don't forget if you have a kid he'll breath and pollute the air so please don't reproduce.

Pro's argument could have been stronger. If he had a better challenger he could have lost what should be an easy win.
Posted by wheelhouse3 9 years ago
wheelhouse3
I completely and utterly agree with you Solarman1969. This global warming junk is a bunch of scare mongering and it's geting ridiculous. There's a new scare tatic every decade- overpopulation in the 60s (which said we would all be killing each for food by now), ice age in the 70s (which sasid the world would be completely covered in ice by now), and son on and so forth. It's all a bunch of hogwash to gain overlooked, moronic political leaders money. Emmccarty you completely refused to acknowledge Solarman1969's aligations against Al Gore, like his extensive indulgences in emmitting more carbon emmissions than any average person. Your statements concerning AIT are utterly false. Not once in that movie did he state a source besides his own beliefs. Have you not noticed that the only scientists that support his claims are biologists and zoologists who deal with animals, not the atmosphere or the solar system? The earth will go through its little cycles and we can do nothing about it- get over it.
Posted by olivemike81 9 years ago
olivemike81
Solarman,

I'm not going to debate global warming with you but I will say that I think your comment about people who buy solar panels being "fools" is wrong. Even if global warming is a hoax the fact that they are lessening their use of fossil fuels is good for the enviroment. The use of coal and oil creates harmful emissions that (even if they aren't melting the ice caps) are still polluting the air we breathe. It may not save the earth but at least it contributes to a cleaner world.
Posted by nrw 9 years ago
nrw
i vote pro, even tho personally i disagree

pro did the better debating - con needs to not let solarman get away with all his rediculous claims - the claims are warranted, but its pretty easy to attack these weak warrants, but you chose not to

con could easily win this debate if you do the work
Vote Placed by Vol 8 years ago
Vol
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by Greendonut 9 years ago
Greendonut
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by ccdem 9 years ago
ccdem
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by C-Mach 9 years ago
C-Mach
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by olivemike81 9 years ago
olivemike81
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by Ineffablesquirrel 9 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by lindsay 9 years ago
lindsay
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by msoshima54 9 years ago
msoshima54
Solarman1969emmccartyTied
Vote Placed by JoeDSileo 9 years ago
JoeDSileo
Solarman1969emmccartyTied