Nitro123
ryan_thomas

Global Warming is a Serious Issue

ryan_thomas

Nitro123

Pro

Global warming is not a matter that can be taken lightly. It has an immediate impact on the environment and all forms of life. It is not an "Inconvenient Truth," but rather a deadly reality. Extensive actions must be taken to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, or the endangered species list will incessantly grow longer and longer.
ryan_thomas

Con

Grettings, I would like to thank my opponent for a chance to debate. I would also like to wish my opponent luck, because he's going to need it.

My opponent does not give any particular evidence that global warming exists he just encourages that we should do something about it without even proving that it exists in the first place.

My case

my argument will be that global warming doesn't exist. I will give severial contentions that prove that global warming is not happening.

C1: Is the Earth really heating up?

The answer is no, the exact opposite is happening the temperatures are dropping. Christopher Booker a reporter for Telegragh a UK newspaper said this in one of his reveiws:

'temperatures have been dropping in a wholly unpredicted way over the past year. Last winter, the northern hemisphere saw its greatest snow cover since 1966, which in the northern US states and Canada was dubbed the “winter from hell”. This winter looks set to be even worse.'

This report is prooof that the Earth is not heating up.[1]

C2: Is ice disapearing?

The answer is negative. The exact opposite is occuring, 500,000 sq km more than last year. Also, Anartic sea-ice reached its highest levels this year. This report was posted by Cryosphere Today. [2]

Do to this evidence that the Earth is not actually heating up. It is safe to say that Global warming isn't actually occuring.

Vote Con!

[1] http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

[2] http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...
Nitro123

Pro

I thank Con for his response.

Unfortunately, I am currently busy and will not be available tomorrow, so I will have to "pass" on this round.

My opponent is welcome to make more statements and points in Round 2, and I will be happy to begin my debate on Round 2.
ryan_thomas

Con

I do not wish to add more notes.
Nitro123

Pro

Nitro123 forfeited this round.
Posted by greekgodfan321 6 years ago
greekgodfan321
go con...
we are not going through global warming
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 6 years ago
Man-is-good
Nitro123ryan_thomasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Granted, while I agree with Pro, Con presented several arguments (the chief one was that global warming did not exist) that Pro, because of his forfeit, conceded. He also provided sources as well.
Vote Placed by kohai 6 years ago
kohai
Nitro123ryan_thomasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and con argued. Very powerful points from con, btw.