jamesjewison0011
9spaceking

Global Warming is mostly natural and a waste of our time and money to stop it

9spaceking

jamesjewison0011

Pro

Global Warming has been highly exaggerated. If you understand climate you should realize there are much more aspects to our atmosphere than CO2 caused by humans . CO2 caused by humans make up less than 4 percent of the C02 in our atmosphere yet politicians believe that we are to blame and that we must try to save the planet through some sort of carbon tax which while magically make the climate change. The simple facts are that CO2 is a RESULT of temperature changes NOT a cause. The climate graphs prove this. There is a 100 year gap in some places between temperatures rises and then the proceeding CO2 rises. The facts are that the majority of CO2 comes from the ocean. When the ocean temperatures rise more CO2 comes off the ocean. Global warming alarmist simply don't take into account the fact that natural causes have produced temperatures to be much higher than they were today and CO2 levels where radically higher thousands of years ago before humans had any impact on the planet. Im not saying the greenhouse effect doesn;t happen or that humans don't have any effect on the climate, what im suggesting is that after a 16 year "pause" in temperature increases yet human CO2 has gone up greatly in the last decade leads me to believe there is much more to go into the climate change than humans driving SUV and the climate is much more complicated than politicians say it is. All Im saying is I believe this debate should continue because skeptics do have good points.
9spaceking

Con

I accept this challenge and note that I'll be playing devil's advocate for a challenge. Let's start this off lightly with one argument:

If global warming does not occur, then why has the rate of CO2 rose so fastly, out of the ordinary, completely unaffected by climate changes? If you look at the graph below, there is an exponential humongous rise in CO2 ever since the Industrial Revolution.

[source: http://www.acs.org...]

Even looking at the bigger picture, with the previous patterns of CO2 rising and falling, this new rise is very irregular:

[source: http://www.google.com...'s_atmosphere%3B600%3B436]

My opponent has failed ot use any sources to support his mere assertions. He did not use any evidence to support how "temperature does not change" due to global warming. The temperature rise is very unnatural.

[source: http://theenvironmentshow.com...]

And then, to go back and compare the temperature since the industrial revolution to before the industrial revolution--

[source: http://www.sodahead.com...]

As you can see industry (made by man) is a huge contribution to global warming, and polluting of CO2. It is definitely a problem, and definitely not a waste of our time or money. We need to fix this irregularity as soon as possible.

I now rest my case, and give the floor to my opponent.
jamesjewison0011

Pro

jamesjewison0011 forfeited this round.
9spaceking

Con

The earth is so hot my opponent has melted to death. What a shame.
jamesjewison0011

Pro

jamesjewison0011 forfeited this round.
Posted by jethro_purazo 2 years ago
jethro_purazo
I'm sitting as the debate judge.

No worries about sabotage. I will having votes between the two of you when it's already voting period.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
What is this about "politicians say". Why aren't you referencing the scientists and science?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
jamesjewison00119spacekingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture