400spartans
mwedwards

Global Warming

400spartans

Pro

So, you don't think Global Warming is true? Guess I'm going to have to get the facts out.

BOP is shared.
mwedwards

Con

Firstly I thank my opponent for instigating this debate, I am very much looking forward to it. Next, because my opponent has not provided definitions, structure of the debate, or a specific topic, I will. If my opponent has any opposition, they may say so and give a valid explanation. This explanation may be open to debate in the comments, and later rounds will not be posted until both parties come to an agreement.
Topic: Is Global Warming Happening?
Definitions: Is: third person singular present of be.
Global: of or relating to the whole world; worldwide.
Warming: make or become warm.
Happening: an event or occurrence.

Structure: Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Argument/s ONLY
Round 3: Rebuttals ONLY
Round 4: Defense of Case ONLY
Round 5: Rebuttal of Defense and Conclusion. Con will not be allowed to add additional defense in this round.
I wish Pro best of luck and await for their arguments.
400spartans

Pro

400spartans forfeited this round.
mwedwards

Con

My opponent has chosen to forfeit the round, so I will go ahead and post my arguments. If my opponent returns they may go ahead and provide their arguments and rebuttals in the next round.

I have only one argument so I will make this short and sweet:

No Global Warming for the Past 18 Years 6 Months:

(for some reason I can not put a picture on here, so here is a URL for it https://www.google.com...)

This is a graph that shows that lack in global warming from about December of 1996-nowish. (1) In fact the graph shows that if the trend stays as is, then we will decrease by 0.01 degree C over the course of a century.

My BoP has been fulfilled because I have shown that the Earth is not currently in a warming phase.

I realize this is kind of weak, but I will expand on this point if my opponent decides to participate. Also this is not a debate about the cause of Global Warming, so there is not as much more to talk about.

(1)http://www.climatedepot.com...

400spartans

Pro

400spartans forfeited this round.
mwedwards

Con

Extend my one contention to this round and all other rounds. I probably will not be able to post on this debate again.
400spartans

Pro

400spartans forfeited this round.
mwedwards

Con

mwedwards forfeited this round.
400spartans

Pro

400spartans forfeited this round.
mwedwards

Con

mwedwards forfeited this round.
Posted by 400spartans 1 year ago
400spartans
Sorry for the forfeits but I've been very sick these past couple days. I won't be able to debate for at least another week.
Posted by mwedwards 1 year ago
mwedwards
I am not in a great position to debate right now, so I will accept when I can. It may be a few days, and thanks for the challenge!