SpeakingMyMind
AcidicApples

Glue dots are better than Liquid glue

AcidicApples

SpeakingMyMind

Pro

Glue dots are way better than liquid glue! For 1, glue dots don't make the page curl when it dries, or the biggest mess in the world! They don't have to dry! You don't have to worry about them spilling. You can just stick them on and not get everything sticky! They come in all different sizes so you won't have to worry about putting to much glue on. Although some people say they are expensive, they are totally worth it! They stay on and won't unstick, (unless you get a very bad brand). Glue dots are way better than liquid glue!
AcidicApples

Con

Glue dots are not reliable. For a person with long nails glue dots are very easy to peel! With the right precision and lightly dabbing liquid glue always gets the job done. Liquid glue holds paper and other things together very strongly and it doesn't easily un-stick. Liquid glue works for everything if you have the skill of applying it right!
SpeakingMyMind

Pro

But... if you use a little dab of liquid glue, then it can't be reliable because then it won't stick. I did a big project with liquid glue and it wrinkled the entire thing. On my next project, I used glue dots and my work looked much neater.
AcidicApples

Con

How about applying a thin layer with a paintbrush? There are many ways you can make liquid glue work. Most people do not like liquid glue because it can get messy and uncontrollable, but if you take the proper steps and prepare before using it you will have a nice and tight paper, wrinkle free! I will admit glue dots do save time and are very reliable for temporary projects, but liquid glue gets the job done just as well and makes what you are gluing stick together much better and for a very long time. Most people just do not know how to handle liquid glue.
SpeakingMyMind

Pro

True..... but paintbrushes get hairs in the glue! Infants are less likely to put it in their mouths. Also, if people don't know how to use liquid glue, better safe than sorry!
AcidicApples

Con

Yes but if people are expecting a permanent hold with glue dots they will be disappointed. Glue dots come off and the only way to keep your project going for a few weeks is to constantly replace the glue dot. Not to mention all sorts or things can get stuck to glue dots! Hair and lent and dust. Those things make the glue dot a lot less sticky and might interfere with your project. (Causing like a little bump or what not)
SpeakingMyMind

Pro

SpeakingMyMind forfeited this round.
AcidicApples

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round.
SpeakingMyMind

Pro

SpeakingMyMind forfeited this round.
AcidicApples

Con

My opponent has forfeited, but I would like to thank them for letting me be apart of this debate.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 10 months ago
Geogeer
SpeakingMyMindAcidicApplesTied
Reasons for voting decision: 2 rounds forfeited - conduct to Con...No objective standard was set for what makes a glue better. As such the debate revolved around convenience versus actual bonding power. As such I found Con's position on bonding strength and longevity and reliability more convincing than the technical difficulties associated with proper application and relative ease of glue dots.