NCAR
DoctorFight

"Go Diego Go" is better then "Dora the Explorer"

Started: 4/13/2016 Category: TV

NCAR

Pro

I think "Go Diego Go" is better because it has catchier songs and different people/ animals.
Round 1: State your argument
Round 2: State you counter argument (say opposite of what you think)
Round 3: Use your strongest argument to try to switch your opponent's point of view.
DoctorFight

Con

I contest this - Dora the Explorer offers a wholly more imaginative experience, with far more nuanced, well-rounded characters. It is the standard to which all Nick Jr. shows should be raised against.
NCAR

Pro

I guess some of the songs are catchy. and I like some of the characters like benny, and Dora's other friends but still I hold my argument.
DoctorFight

Con

You cease to bring up any further points because you're aware of how ultimately wrong you are.

I turn my attention to compare and contrast the primary antagonists of both series: Swiper the Fox, and the Bobo Brothers. The Bobo Brothers, aside from being nothing more than cheap imitations of Swiper in a lazy attempt to directly ape the structure of Dora's format, lack Swiper's intimidation and screen presence. Swiper, like any great pop villain, commands immense power whenever on screen; Dora borrows the English pantomime tradition of encouraging viewers to interact directly with Swiper as a villain, and it here is an inventive way to get viewers to identify with Dora as a hero, but also personally fear the consequences of Swiper as a villain (again - stolen and re-purposed in Go, Diego, Go later for diminishing returns). And let's not even get started on that character design - Swiper's outfit is iconic; true pop art gold. His exaggerated, weasel-like proportions. His Iconic bandana and gloves. What are the Bobo Brothers? Just a couple f*cking monkeys? Gtfo of here, they're a f*cking joke. Their motivations as villains don't even make sense.
NCAR

Pro

First of all the Bobo Brothers aren't meant to be villains. They're just young boys playing around and having fun. And at least they always say sorry for doing whatever they did after they're stopped and help make whatever wrong they did right again. Have you noticed how they put Dora on many "Go Diego Go" episodes? She obviously isn't popular enough for people to watch her show. So what do they do? They put her in "Go Diego Go" episodes to get people to notice her more with her posing as Diego's cousin. Her shirt is too short as well. Whenever she lifts her arms her belly hangs out. Parents probably don't want their kids watching some show where there's bare skin showing where it's not supposed to. Besides Kids love Boots. That's probably the only reason why they want to watch the show. Boots is a lovable character who gets pushed into the backround while Dora takes all the spotlight. Like the baseball episode. It was all about Boots wanting to hit a baseball with his bat for the very first time. What does Dora do? She interferes and steals the show when it's clearly Boots' turn for an episode all to himself.
DoctorFight

Con

Listen: there's a reason that "Go, Diego, Go!" lasted five measly seasons before cancellation, while "Dora the Explorer" lived a full eight, and continues to shine in the albeit less-inspired "Dora and Friends" show (a deliberate attempt to compete with/ape the success of Disney's McStuffins, which was the first show in Dora's run to beat it in the preschool television ratings after its landmark run. (1) "Diego", which could never compete with "Dora" for the Nielsens, only brought Dora on for as many episodes as they did to get a shot of her popularity. "Dora the Explorer" received FIVE Daytime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Children's Animated Program, the third highest number of nominations a show has received in history (behind only "Arthur" and "The Animaniacs", each of which is visionary in its own right), and though it may have never won (just call Dora the Leonardo DiCaprio of Children's Daytime Emmys), it DID receive the arguable FAR more prestigious Peabody Award in 2003, as well as two from the NAACP for the show's representation of minority characters in children's television. What medals does "Go, Diego, Go!", a deliberate and sexist knock off (as if little boys wouldn't enjoy "Dora", simply because she was a girl and wasn't action-oriented enough!), have to its name? NONE, I tell you, NONE. And for a REASON.

This is my conclusion, I rest my case.

(1) http://adage.com...
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: red_x// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Conduct, S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: They both did really really well. But it really came down to the comments. The way they talked to each other. Now if it was just there debate then it would be tied all the way down. So I looked at the comments the way they talked to each other. Pro had fairly bad conduct in the comments. But pro had bad grammar in the comments. So other than those two it was a solid tie.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter cannot use what's posted outside of the debate as a reason for awarding points. That includes what's posted in the comments, though the voter doesn't specify what conduct and grammar issues persist there, nor does he explain arguments at all.
************************************************************************
Posted by NCAR 1 year ago
NCAR
ur welcome and good day
Posted by DoctorFight 1 year ago
DoctorFight
oh
Posted by NCAR 1 year ago
NCAR
I don't like u
Posted by DoctorFight 1 year ago
DoctorFight
chilllllllllllllll
Posted by NCAR 1 year ago
NCAR
and at least i said no offense
Posted by NCAR 1 year ago
NCAR
BTW he insulted me first, so if u don't know what's going on then stay out of it
Posted by DoctorFight 1 year ago
DoctorFight
This bro has a rage comic profile pic and's gonna talk smack about other people's profile pics smdh
Posted by NCAR 1 year ago
NCAR
Ya, intelligent. Sure
Posted by Electrolance 1 year ago
Electrolance
You just called me intelligent.