Debate Rounds (4)
It will gives us many risk, for our environment or our health.
So I do BELIEVE, nuclear is HARMFUL !
Nuclear should be banned !
Jeffrey Patterson, DO, Professor Emeritus of Family Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, stated the following in his Apr. 26, 2011 article "Radiation Exposure and the Power of Zero," published in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists:
"The real issue is that the use of nuclear power and nuclear weapons is forcing humankind, and indeed the whole ecosystem, to participate in a particularly cruel and totally uncontrolled experiment. Given the scientific evidence that there is no safe dose of radiation, this is an experiment that has already gone awry"
The real question is whether we, as a human race, can afford in good conscience to risk annihilation with our continued reliance on nuclear technology. Can we continue to despoil our environment with long-lived radioactive materials that are scattered to the wind and embedded in our precious soil, randomly exposing large populations, and foisting health impacts on unsuspecting future generations who have no choice in this matter?
We may choose to do so. But if we do, I am quite sure that our children and grandchildren will roundly condemn us for our lack of foresight and our selfishness. As they struggle to deal with a poisonous environment and waste that must be safeguarded for thousands of years, they will certainly wonder what possessed us to do this.
We must choose to halt this process. To do this we need to" make a dramatic and rapid retreat from the use of nuclear power to generate electricity."
In healthy side
If nuclear reactor explod, it can KILL everyone who effected by the radioactive which exploded.
You can see, Chernobyl in Ukraine. That's because the nuclear reactor explode, and now Chernobyl became a ghost town! and no one of us can enter the area that was contaminated radioactive.
The people who effected by radioactive, will effected by many disease.
1. Hair: Hair will disappear quickly when exposed to radiation at 200 Rems or more. (REMS is a unit of force radioactive)
2. Brain: brain cells will not be damaged directly unless exposed to radiation measuring 5000 REMS or more. Like the heart, radiation kills nerve cells and blood vessels and can cause seizures and sudden death.
3. Thyroid: thyroid gland is very susceptible to radioactive iodine. In a certain amount, radioactive iodine can destroy all or part of the thyroid.
4. Circulatory system: when a person is exposed to radiation about 100 Rems, blood lymphocyte count will be reduced, making the victim more susceptible to infection. Early symptoms are like the flu. According to current data explosion Nagasaki and Hiroshima, showed symptoms can last for 10 years and may have long-term risks such as leukemia and lymphoma.
5. Heart: when exposed to radiation measuring Rems 1000 to 5000 will result in direct damage to blood vessels and can lead to heart failure and sudden death.
6. Digestive tract: the radiation power of 200 Rems will cause damage to the lining of the intestinal tract and can cause nausea, vomiting and bloody diarrhea.
7. Reproductive Tract: reproductive tract will damage the reproductive tract enough to power under 200 Rems. In the long term, radiation victims will experience infertility.
Seeing the danger the impact of radioactive radiation, the Japanese government immediately set idle following a potential radioactive leaks at five nuclear reactors at two locations. Three thousand residents living around the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor with a radius of 10 km immediately evacuated.
As many as 14,000 residents who lived in the eastern part sea Japan's still in locations Daiichi, helped also evacuated after got a warning of Tokyo Electric Power Co.
THINK MORE, SIR ! I BELIEVE YOU'RE CARE TO OUR HEALTH !
knighft forfeited this round.
Both the radiation directly or indirectly, will affect organ function through cell-cell formation. Organs that are sensitive to and become damaged. Cells of the body when contaminated radioactive description as follows: the occurrence of ionizing radiation can damage the relationship between the atomic cell with molecules of life, can also alter the condition of the atom itself, alter the original function of the cell or even to kill him. In principle, there are three due to radiation can affect cells. First, the cell will die. Second, there was a doubling of the cell, can eventually lead to cancer, and the third, damage can occur in the egg or testes, which will start the process of deformed babies. In addition, also cause burns and an increasing number of cancer patients (thyroid and cardiovascular) as much as 30-50% in Hryvnia, respiratory inflammation, and inhibition of the respiratory tract, as well as psychological problems and stress resulting from radiation leaks.
There are some latent dangers of nuclear power plants that need to be considered. First, human error (human error) which may cause leakage, which is a very broad range of radiation and be fatal for the environment and living things. Secondly, one of which is generated by nuclear power plants, namely Plutonium has a very powerful warhead. Plutonium Because of this, one of the raw material for making nuclear weapons. Hiroshima city destroyed simply by 5 kg of plutonium. Third, the waste generated (Uranium) can affect genetics. In addition, nuclear power emits radioactive radiation that are dangerous to humans.
THINK IT OVER! NUCLEAR REACTOR IS HARMFUL!
knighft forfeited this round.
I give clear argument, clear research, and the most important1 I give STRONG ARGUMENT !
knighft forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.