pageantgrl
Danielle

Go naked and don't wear animal skins

Started: 10/9/2009 Category: Arts

pageantgrl

Pro

Personally I would go naked and not wear animal skins because there is a bunch of other fabric out there and why should you have to wear animal skins? wild animals don't belong in cages like at the big top they should be free every body going vegan can also be better for this world but if you do have to kill animals it should be done humane and in a save and healthy environment that has not to do with with beating
Danielle

Con

My opponent's entire argument is irrelevant to the resolution. As such, I simply have to prove why you shouldn't go naked (in public) or why it would be acceptable to wear animal skins. My case is as follows: A majority of the people agree with the current nudity laws. Those who disagree are able to be nude in designated areas, so they still have the right to be as naked as they please where the vast majority would not deem it offensive. Additionally, just because one might wear animal skins doesn't mean that the animals were tortured in the process or killed unnecessarily. Further, I'd argue that animals don't have rights anyway. So, thus far I've felt that I have successfully negated the resolution. Let's see what Pro has to say.
pageantgrl

Pro

most animals at places were they skin animals are killed or skinned alive for their fur or skins. Fashion in china pretty much kill baby seals of their skin. also their are animal rights and laws saying that slaughter houses should be in humane condition. and that you are not aloud to animal test. most people do protest by taking off all their clothes and walking around in the nude. http://www.peta.org... < they talk about animal right on the bottom left hand corner. http://www.peta.org... < they talk about the animals conditions in wool and leather and pictures of sheep mostly crammed together.
Danielle

Con

First of all, I've already explained that I don't believe that animals have rights. My opponent hasn't challenged this ideology; she merely told us about baby seals being skinned in China. Nevertheless, this does not address my point that just because one might wear animal skins doesn't mean that the animals were tortured in the process or killed unnecessarily. Now, I didn't see anything specifically related to Pro's points in her provided links (one article was about cloning...). Regardless, none of what she said about people getting naked to protest had to do with her original argument or the resolution at hand. Please extend my arguments from the previous round, as Pro did not address them.
pageantgrl

Pro

pageantgrl forfeited this round.
Danielle

Con

Unfortunately Pro has forfeited the final round, so please extend all of my arguments.
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
Lol whoops. On the first link, I tried to find the link to the link she was talking about and previously there was one about cloning where she said the other would be (I guess they updated the page since then).
Posted by Kleptin 7 years ago
Kleptin
Agreed with Ragnar. Most animal skin is attached to animal fat, which makes it perfect for frying. Like pork rinds.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Animal skins are for frying up and eating. Clothing-grade ones are itchy.
Posted by Kleptin 7 years ago
Kleptin
I see an article about clothing. What article about cloning is L talking about o.o?
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
I would have loved to have taken this.
Posted by Freeman 7 years ago
Freeman
You beat me by literally 2 seconds. =(
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
pageantgrlDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
pageantgrlDanielleTied