RyanLizard69
toughenough

God / Creator vs No God / No Creator

RyanLizard69

Pro

It makes no sense that we die and lose everyone and everything we love, never to experience a thing again. Life would be hopeless and worthless, and mankind would be completely pointless.

Once you start to read the Bible with an open heart, and leaving all your arrogance aside... It's like you suddenly get hit hard with clarity, peace and understanding. This will happen if you humble yourself and do it, most atheists don't do any research, they just keep chanting "there's no God" like it's a frickin mantra or something.

Intelligent man appeared pretty suddenly, scientists admit that, and lots of them are open to the idea that there may have been some sort of intervention causing a jump in evolution.

Why put eternal life at risk by not accepting Christ?
Accept Christ, get to know him, If there's no afterlife then you've not lost anything. If you die a non-believer and Gods real, well your screwed!!! Makes sense to me.

Man can make virtual reality technology, we can control computers just by thinking. Is it so hard to believe that we are here in life, in this reality, this dimension as a test and when we die we'll wake up in a virtual universe system that God made.

People always say how can God have always been there? HE INVENTED time, he's not restricted by it he created it. He lives outside of our understanding, we could not possibly comprehend his power as humans.

If I said I was Christ the saviour and got tortured and killed for it, would anyone write about it, document it and spread it around the world as truth? No. Jesus is the only person to do this.

I know God exists because I experience things non-Christians cannot, the only way to prove it is for you to go look for him humbly and sincerely. Then you'll have the journey of a lifetime...
toughenough

Con

Now Ryan, I want you to listen to me. You talk like you know it all, like you've found the one true answer that so many seek but never find but let me tell you something you already know; life is merciless to those who fail to find meaning in it and a life without meaning can crush your every hope of happiness in one almighty blow. Nihilism is the most self-destructive mentality to have and being an ex-Nihilist myself I now the kind of near-suicidal feelings an drive you to. I've been bullied, I've failed hard at things I try so hard to succeed at. We all do it, no one is perfect and no one ever will be; not even your imaginary friend God is perfect. So let's get one thing straight before I open your mind to the real fact of reality; you don't need an omnipotent master to bow to to find meaning in this heartless world, you just need sheer determination to succeed and the will to survive no matter how tough it gets.

You mock atheists for the mantra they speak but what about the mantras of the religious? What about the "god is great" mantra? What is really so great about God? So what if he has unlimited power and knowledge? He didn't earn that power, he was gifted it by whatever god created him. Not one aspect of god is something he earned or deserved, he was handed unlimited power and knowledge on a silver platter by whatever thing created him and he has absolutely no entitlement to that power whatsoever. He then uses that power to create entities that he, being omniscient, knows he is creating to be either good or evil and knows whether they're going to end up in heaven or hell before he even creates them and then punishes them eternally if they fail the test that he knew they'd fail to begin with due to his omniscience. He's a psychologically disturbed megalomaniac with nothing to do for eternity other than exist in a non-physical, unenjoyable state of infinite isolation that he's incapable of breaking out of. God has no friends, he has no buddies to play with, he's all alone with his many tools of amusement.

You say man is intelligent and that we can't explain its origin well how exactly do you explain the origin of an infinitely intelligent entity like God?

If God didn't evolve, then you must use your own logic and realize that God himself is slave to his own creator. It's an infinite regression of creators that has no origin and ends up just as atheistic as pure atheism itself.

You ask me why I'd put my eternal life at risk by not accepting Christ, the reason is that I'm not a coward like you, Ryan. I'm brave enough to stare that narcissistic megalomaniac in the eye and tell him that I will not kneel before him because I am just as deserving of respect as he is and he is not something so magnificent or spectacular that he deserve my admiration in the slightest. He's a lonely overpowered freak of nature that see comfort in punishing his own creations for actions that he knew they'd commit up on creating them due to his omniscience. He's a sick joke and I will never bow to him.

I would rather bend over and have my anus raped by Satan than sit eternally happy in a non-physical state of existence where there's no sex outside of marriage, no filthy pleasure of any kind and merely singing pointless hymns of worship to some spoiled brat who can't get over the fact that not everyone is going to worship him for being super-powered through no doing of his own.

So what if he invented time? I don't care if he invented time, he chose to invent it and doesn't need to be worshipped for doing so. Do I have to bow to Thomas Edison every time I switch a light on? God needs to get over himself if he thinks he deserves to be worshipped for creating me. He chose to do it, he didn't do me favor. I don't owe him a thing.

So, in all honesty, unless God goes and earns his respect from me, I see no damn reason to worship to freak. He used his powers to do what his powers allowed him to do. That isn't amazing, anyone can use their powers to do what they can. What would be amazing is if he used his powers to create other all-powerful beings to a level of perfection that he is supposedly at. Creating something as imperfect as this universe is actually quite a pathetic, lowly achievement for such an almighty being.
RyanLizard69

Pro

RyanLizard69 forfeited this round.
toughenough

Con

toughenough forfeited this round.
RyanLizard69

Pro

RyanLizard69 forfeited this round.
toughenough

Con

toughenough forfeited this round.
Posted by toughenough 2 years ago
toughenough
nicely said, Fatal
Posted by FatalArchon 2 years ago
FatalArchon
I disagree with Pro's stance about life being meaningless.

The fact that I, as an atheist, believe this is all we have, makes it that much more precious. When you only have one of something, that makes it rare and unique and special. Something to be treasured and protected.

To the religious, Christianity in specific, this is just a short pitstop on the way to a longer more glorious and infinite life. So in that regard, I would posit that the Christians life is much less meaningful than that of a non-believer.

If I believed that I had a more glorious and infinitely more splendid life after this one, I would hardly care about this life. Kind of like if I had a crappy car, but I knew as soon as it died, that I was gonna get a Lamborghini or a Ferrari that would run forever. I wouldn't give a crud about my beat up old Jalopy. I might even run it harder and beat it up more to encourage it to die so I could move on and get my newer better car.

Yes I may die in this world with nothing after it. But that doesn't make my life useless. The actions and impact I make on this world while I am here is what will live on beyond my existence. Even if my purpose in life is to make one person smile and they remember me after I am gone, then my life has had more purpose than a thousand Christian lifetimes.
Posted by IceClimbers 2 years ago
IceClimbers
so far a tie to me