Alycelilylilan2
persianimmortal

God Doesn't Exist

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Alycelilylilan2

Pro

So, I'm going to do a debate for "God Doesn't Exist".
I'm not here to offend any believers, but I do not believe that God exists.
Definition of God- (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being

The first round, just Accept.
The next 3 rounds, give your reasons and rebuttals.
The burden is on Con, who has to prove that god exists.
persianimmortal

Con

Greetings and Salutations! My name is persianimmortal and I will be representing the Con side of this debate. Just a little intro on who I am; I am a Baha'i (message me if you would like to know more about what it is) and the reason why I accepted this debate is because I am an International Business student that has a personal interest in Comparative Religions, specializing in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic-Baha'i Religions but I have done debates in my own life that related to Atheist subjects. After 5 years of devoting myself to the above Scriptures and Atheism, I will just say that the True nature of God as explained in the Holy Scriptures is (unfortunately) often superseded by the view that "the Simpsons" of "Family Guy" shares on the subject of God. Please understand that I do not mean to offend any of your beliefs. My objective here is to simply some shed light on a perspective that you have probably not noticed. I am glad to take this debate and I look forward to a fruitful discussion ;)

God Bless.
Alycelilylilan2

Pro

I thank Con for accepting my challenge. I want to ask, (cause I forgot to make it specific) do you want to do Christianity's God or like all the Gods of all monotheistic religions?)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, lets start with Christianity's God first. In Genesis 2:7, it says "then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature."
This is scientifically impossible. Humans were actually "formed" not made. Humans evolved from an rodent-like animal that lived million of years ago.
http://www.nature.com...
http://www.livescience.com...
Before you ask how this animal came to life, think about evolution. There had been a mass extinction where an HUGE asteroid crashed into earth. But this doesn't mean that EVREY creature became extinct. There may have been few lucky survivors.
Some survivors may have evolved to this rodent-like creature, our ancestor.
persianimmortal

Con

persianimmortal forfeited this round.
Alycelilylilan2

Pro

Alycelilylilan2 forfeited this round.
persianimmortal

Con

persianimmortal forfeited this round.
Alycelilylilan2

Pro

Alycelilylilan2 forfeited this round.
persianimmortal

Con

persianimmortal forfeited this round.
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 6 months ago
Alycelilylilan2
OMG!!!! I'm so sorry! I completly forgot about my debate T_T
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 6 months ago
Alycelilylilan2
AquamLigno

Disproving creatism is just one of my reasons for "god Doesn't exist". ^^
I will write more for my next round :D
Posted by AquamLigno 6 months ago
AquamLigno
Although the debate is still not over, by reading the last argument of Pro, I think that the direction this is going doesn't quite fit the title. By the looks of it, Pro is trying to disprove creationism, not God of any kind.
Posted by Integer 6 months ago
Integer
I view posts like these as interesting, i cant wait for what both of you will bring on the table!
Posted by canis 6 months ago
canis
I do not think that anyone cares about a god..But a lot of people cares about the imagination of a god ..
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 6 months ago
Alycelilylilan2
Maybe its the age? I put it down so I think you can accept the Challenge now ^^
Posted by lord_megatron 6 months ago
lord_megatron
I wish to accept but I don't have the rank, also it depends upon the definition we are using for God.