God Exists and He Created Everything

Argument Due
We are waiting for zopulcum to post argument for round #2. If you are zopulcum, login to see your options.
Updated: 1 day ago Status: Debating Period

God is the Creator of all the earth and the universe. It is logical that we have a loving God. Without God we would have no purpose in life.

There is no "God" who created the world God is made to fulfill the blanks about the creation and universe. Greeks used to say storms were created by Gods now we know the reality behind it; soon we will answer the complex questions and the God will disappear. And there is a purpose without God such as living a fulfilling and valuable life leaving good memories behind because there is no more life you are just the memories you left in the minds of people after you die.

I want to begin by thanking my opponent for joining me in this debate, and I wish my opponent good luck.

First off my opponent stated that “God is made to fulfill the blanks about the creation and universe.” By this term “fulfill the blanks,” I am going to assume my opponent means that when we don’t understand something, we say that God is the cause or creator of it, but my opponent later says that eventually we will figure it all out and God will disappear.

Now, let us begin at the beginning. We know that at some point the earth had to come into existence along with the rest of the planets, stars, and everything else. There is a theory called “The Big Bang Theory,” which states that all of a sudden particles in the air had a reaction that caused everything to come into existence in one big burst. This is just not true. How could nature all of a sudden create a universe so complex? If the earth were just a little too far or a little too close to the sun we would either freeze or burn up. Why is earth the only planet that has a complex structure of evaporation, which makes clouds, which rains down water, and goes in an endless cycle? How did humanity come into existence? And animals? There are many amazingly complex fish, animals, and microscopic organs that couldn't’t have happened on their own. How do our cells work so perfectly that we are able to live? Humans and animals are so complex, everything working at once to get rid of dead blood cells, create new blood cells, send our blood through our bodies, and all at the same time our brains send signals to tell our body which parts to move without us literally thinking, “I want to move my arm.”? The answer to all these questions? There is a smart, all knowing, and loving God, who made our world perfectly and all that's in it to work together. Surely, this complex world of ours couldn't’t happen by mere chance. And if it did, why haven’t there been more worlds suddenly exploding into existence right next to ours?

My opponent also brought up the Greeks and their gods, but I want to make clear that we aren’t debating Greeks gods or godS (emphasis on the plural), but only One Holy True God.

My opponent states that the purpose of life is living a fulfilling and valuable life while leaving good memories behind, because memories are all people leave when they die.

In other words, the absolute point and meaning and purpose of life is: Have a good life, and leave behind good memories. Is that all? People may ask: Where do I go when I die?The answer is, you go either to Heaven or Hell. Now, our purpose in life is not to only have a good life with good memories, which is a very good aspect of life, no doubt, but our ultimate goal is to know, love, and serve God, and be happy with Him in this life and the next. This is why God created us. God is a loving being. God is love. He has so much love that He created something, humans, that would love Him back. He made us because he wants us to love Him, because he loves us. He created us so that we may know Him because He wants us to be happy. He created us so that we may enjoy the same love and joy that He always has and always will have. So when we die we go to the next life, which is either Heaven or Hell. These two places are completely different from earth and are not even in the same universe. If we follow God’s commands we will hopefully end up in Heaven, which is eternal happiness. If we reject God’s commands we will end up in Hell (which doesn’t even sound nice because it isn’t), which is a place of eternal suffering. Our purpose in life is to know, love, and serve God, and be happy with Him in this life and the next.

Also I would like to point out that ever since the beginning of time, God has always been worshiped and that everyone was either Pagan, who worshiped multiple gods that did not exist, or Christian, who worshiped the one true God.

God will never disappear, as my opponent stated, because He created everything and one day everyone will realize that God is the one true God that exists and that loves us. This is why I affirm the resolution: God Exists and He Created Everything. Thank you.

Note: Please do not take anything personally by thinking that I hate anyone who doesn't believe in God or anything of the sort. I am not condemning anyone either. I, in fact, would actually want to kindly bring people to the faith that I believe is the one true faith. I am not imposing my faith upon anyone. I am just stating my position, which happens to be what I believe.

Posted by missmedic 4 hours ago
My question is why? Why did a perfect being create, if it is perfect, it should have no wants or needs.
If a perfect being exist it would not need us to know it exists.
If a perfect being exist it would not need to punish us for not knowing it.
If a perfect being exist it would not need us to worship or submit to its will.
If a perfect being exist it would not need to communicate through an old book or an other person.
If a perfect being exist it would not have contradictions because it is perfect.
Posted by RepublicanForLIfe 6 hours ago
I did not make it up. Look it up on a Catholic website, or bible, or anything Catholic. And you'll see I'm not making it up. :)
Posted by canis 21 hours ago
You exist. That is what you actually know. The rest is your own creation...
Posted by RepublicanForLIfe 1 day ago
This "silly magical being" isn't silly. God gave us all free will, allowing us to judge for ourselves. When we die, though, God will show us what we did right and wrong. Then based on our life we will be sent to Heaven or Hell. I can judge myself as well, but I can't really judge which place I should go without being biased. God has an infinite amount of mercy and He will do anything He can to make you worthy to enter Heaven.

Please respect all religions. :)
Posted by straightup.gong 1 day ago
I am an atheist and I believe facts and evidence rather than some silly magical being who judges me. I can judge myself, I don't need a higher power to do it for me.
Posted by reubencpiplupyay 1 day ago
I'm an atheist, and I think we create our own purpose. My aim is to make the world better when I leave it than it was than when I came into it.