SavedByChrist94
missmedic

God Exists and The Bible is about Him

missmedic

SavedByChrist94

Pro

Post all your proof against Christianity and YHWH and I will refute, after I refute you must refute my rebuttal, and it goes so on and so forth.
missmedic

Con

I accept with respect to each other. However I don't disput the fact that the bible is about the christian god. I would say that god the christian god or gods namely the ones called the father the son and the holy spirit are imaginary.Thank you and back to you.
SavedByChrist94

Pro

"he ones called the father the son and the holy spirit are imaginary"

Prove it, get to refuting with Proof and Evidence God's Existence, if you cannot admit it and then I go.
missmedic

Con

I want start this subject with an apology because I think I am going to say some very derogatory things about religion and given that we live in a country where 90 percent of people believe in a Biblical God. I think I am destined to offend someone reading this. I want to assure you that's not the point I am trying to make here. First lets look at this historically. Recorded history started about 5500 years ago when the Sumerians invented writing. From that time till now we have recorded 3500 different gods and that is the short list. I would say this proves that men invent gods. What about Christianity?The early Christians were a small group of people embedded in an Iron Age world view.The world, as they saw it, must have been heavily populated with magical events and forces, supernatural beings, gods demanding tribute and obedience.They had been raised their entire lives to believe that a spiritual and political messiah would come and provide them with salvation.They were illiterate for the most part.Science as we know it wouldn"t be invented for another 1500 years or so.They had no general expectation that there were natural explanations for lots of the events that people often take to be of religious and supernatural significance.Religiousness and spiritual devotion to some sect or other was a normal way of life for them.
I won"t propose any particular alternative explanation for what might have happened surrounding the beginning of Christianity.I don"t think the non-believer needs to commit themselves to one natural explanation or another being true unless the evidence is really compelling.What should be obvious, even to the staunch believer, is that there are a host of possibilities that could explain why someone might have thought or said he was the son of God and why a lot of people might have believed him besides his really being the offspring of a divine entity who was the creator of the universe.People get confused, they make mistakes, they are enthusiastic, they have ulterior motives, they lie, they cheat, they manipulate, they get duped, they perpetrate cons, they have mental illness, they hear voices, they see things, or they succumb to social pressure.And then social, political, and religious movements can spread by historical accident, through social fads, by political mandate, and so on.
The firm believer must think that one of these alternatives or some combination of them give the real explanation for all the false religions that compete with Christianity.The mainstream Christian would need to conclude that Muhammad, for instance, and his prophecies and the rise of Islam can be explained away in this fashion.The Christian who thinks that the one, true, authentic path to God is through one doctrine or another, say Catholicism, or some kind of fundamentalist creed, they would have to conclude that the vast majority of religions that ever arose in human history are grounded on mistakes and some natural account like those above.There have been tens of thousands of religions in history, and thousands of those claim to be "the one, true religion," while all the others are false.For them, the precedent is already set for many religions to based on a grand, historical mistake.
What about Christianity?The early Christians were a small group of people embedded in an Iron Age world view.The world, as they saw it, must have been heavily populated with magical events and forces, supernatural beings, gods demanding tribute and obedience.They had been raised their entire lives to believe that a spiritual and political messiah would come and provide them with salvation.They were illiterate for the most part.Science as we know it wouldn"t be invented for another 1500 years or so.They had no general expectation that there were natural explanations for lots of the events that people often take to be of religious and supernatural significance.Religiousness and spiritual devotion to some sect or other was a normal way of life for them.
The firm believer must think that one of these alternatives or some combination of them give the real explanation for all the false religions that compete with Christianity.The mainstream Christian would need to conclude that Muhammad, for instance, and his prophecies and the rise of Islam can be explained away in this fashion.The Christian who thinks that the one, true, authentic path to God is through one doctrine or another, say Catholicism, or some kind of fundamentalist creed, they would have to conclude that the vast majority of religions that ever arose in human history are grounded on mistakes and some natural account like those above.There have been tens of thousands of religions in history, and thousands of those claim to be "the one, true religion," while all the others are false.For them, the precedent is already set for many religions to based on a grand, historical mistake.These points leads me to believe that god is imaginary. Furthermore I wound contend that the bible is immoral superstitious nonsense.thank you for reading.
SavedByChrist94

Pro

" First lets look at this historically. Recorded history started about 5500 years ago when the Sumerians invented writing. From that time till now we have recorded 3500 different gods and that is the short list. I would say this proves that men invent gods. "

Duh, no even denies false gods are invented even YHWH says false gods and prophets are to come about in The Bible. Psalms 4:2, How long will you people turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods

gods being invented doesn't at all prove YHWH was.

next,

"What about Christianity?The early Christians were a small group of people embedded in an Iron Age world view.The world, as they saw it, must have been heavily populated with magical events and forces, supernatural beings, gods demanding tribute and obedience.T"

Every age from the stone age to even the 1900s has a god being invented or false prophets, doesn't dismiss the Real God(YHWH)

"They had been raised their entire lives to believe that a spiritual and political messiah would come and provide them with salvation."

Who cares? I was raised a Christian but then fell away in my teen years, then the Truth came to me and I really became a Christian and still am. being raised to a certain religion has nothing to do with anything.

"Science as we know it wouldn"t be invented for another 1500 years or so."

Exactly, yet The Bible confirms Numberous Scientific Facts, this is what makes it Authentic, http://www.eternal-productions.org...

".I don"t think the non-believer needs to commit themselves to one natural explanation or another being true unless the evidence is really compelling.What should be obvious, even to the staunch believer, is that there are a host of possibilities that could explain why someone might have thought or said he was the son of God and why a lot of people might have believed him besides his really being the offspring of a divine entity who was the creator of the universe.

People get confused, they make mistakes, they are enthusiastic, they have ulterior motives, they lie, they cheat, they manipulate, they get duped, they perpetrate cons, they have mental illness, they hear voices, they see things, or they succumb to social pressure.And then social, political, and religious movements can spread by historical accident, through social fads, by political mandate, and so on."

And what you just said brings me to The Resurrection, I will disprove every naturalistic theory and prove that everything you listed(get confused, they make mistakes, they are enthusiastic, they have ulterior motives, they lie, they cheat, they manipulate, they get duped, they perpetrate cons, they have mental illness, they hear voices, they see things, or they succumb to social pressure.And then social, political, and religious movements can spread by historical accident, through social fads, by political mandate, and so on.) is an impossibility and only The Resurrection is Possible, making it a Fact(as if there's only 1 possibility, it's a Fact) and then you have to refute it,

proving that Jesus Christ existed and there was an empty tomb factually follows that He rose from the dead.

myth theory -

Different points of views, no contradiction from The Apostles means events happened. miracles are authentic as they are written in witness and have evidence of addition, exaggeration, or lies.

Josephus proves Jesus Christ was crucified, no matter what you say this man was a Jew, had no biased or presupposition.

Nazareth Inscription proves empty tomb.

Women found the tomb empty, this irrefutable, criteria of embarrassment

Matthew 28:11-18 proves without a doubt there was an empty tomb, Matthew refutes the Jews, no matter what you say or what you think he REFUTES what the Jews were saying, which proves, the Jews were claiming they stole the tomb. a common presupposition and excuse.

My fellow Christians told the truth of The Resurrection and the Jews spread the stolen tomb myth, either way EMPTY TOMB, of who? Jesus Christ, why was there a tomb? He was crucified, why? because the Jews thought He committed blasphemy why was there an empty tomb? we will get to that next. Apostles died for their beliefs and appearances are genuine(will get to it next)

"myth theory" is long gone and dead. if you EVER claim myth then you are a presuppositional delusional hypocritical, the words could go on and on.

myth "theory" is now an impossible myth.

conspiracy theory - 1, No one could have stolen the tomb as it was blocked by roman guards.

2, Apostles had nothing to gain, criteria of embarrassment, they were shamed and were against all evil, sin.

3, They died for their beliefs, 11 of the 12 Apostles died for their beliefs, no one dies for a known lie, they really believed in The Resurrection added that with the facts of the appearances.

4, Appearances to Women, proves Apostles were telling the truth

5, James, the brother of Jesus Christ in The Gospels is a skeptic, outside of it he's a believer(Letters, Church, and Josephus) Jesus had to have appeared to him.

6, Paul, a prosecutor of Christians becomes a Christian himself and becomes a leading preacher of Christianity going through all kinds of suffering and ultimately death for his beliefs.

7, Apostles believed in The Resurrection despite every predispostion to the contrary, no one believed The Messiah was going to die, be God, or much less Resurrect from the dead. no one believed in The Resurrection until the end of world, the general Resurrection.

Apostles believed The Resurrection happened, myth and conspiracy theories are now myths, if you want to argue you can only use your last 3 "naturalistic" myths when arguing with me because the myth and conspiracy theories are dead myths now, using them or believing them exposes you as a hypocrite as those are now Impossible Explanations.

Now we have a few facts,

Jesus Christ was crucified
There was an Empty Tomb
Jesus Christ appeared alive after His death to several people
Apostles really believed in The Resurrection

last 3 which are easily refutatable.

"twin brother/lookalike" theory - Apostles knew Jesus, saw Him perform more miracles, Empty Tomb and no one could have stolen the tomb, had same wounds, no known twin brother as James, Jesus half brother, would take that into consideration. and theory is a stretch.

"twin brother/lookalike" theory is a myth

swoon theory - Apostles saw Jesus Christ die, He was anointed, stabbed in chest pouring blood and water confirming death, romans made sure you die when crucified, even if survived would have been impossible to escape tomb, would've died later, would not convince apostles, and Jesus Christ Ascended.

swoon theory is now a myth

last theory that if I disprove I prove The Resurrection happened.

hallucination theory - Apostles were in their right minds, died for their beliefs, hallucinations are fast and quick, Thomas for example put his hand in Jesus side, you don't have multiple hallucinations about the same thing, and finally multiple people do not hallucinate about the same thing.

EVERY Single "naturalistic" "theory" has been made a myth of.

There is one Irrefutable Explanation, not the best but The Only Explanation is that Jesus Christ died on the cross and Resurrected from the dead, therefore proving everything in The Bible as a fact.

Jesus Christ Resurrected from the dead.

add that with The Shroud which has no evidence of forgery, not a painting, cannot be reproduced with any type of technology, and caused by a burst of light from the dead body causing an image like a photography.

'The firm believer must think that one of these alternatives or some combination of them give the real explanation for all the false religions that compete with Christianity."

Basically all religions apart from Christianity have no proof, such as islam and "atheism", islam holds to an false "allah", while "atheism" holds to "no God", both of which have no proof
missmedic

Con

You say The Bible confirms Numberous Scientific Facts, this dose not prove the bible is true, it proves that people beleive in science.You claim irrefutable facts when there is none. The bible is based on faith not science. Faith is to beleive in something without proof. You have asked me to prove a nagative this is hard but not impossible to do. The best way is to show contradictions like a square circle or a married bachelor. The bible is filled with contradiction.If the bible was written by the creator of the universe it would have much more usefull insight and no contradiction. In 2 Timothy 3:16, we are told that all Scripture is inspired. The word used for inspiration is theopneustos which means "God-breathed," implying that what was written had its origin in God Himself. In 2 Peter 1:21 we read that the writers were "carried along" by God. Thus, God used each writer, including his personality to accomplish a divinely authoritative work, for God cannot inspire error. Contradictions are errors. Here are a few.In two places in the New Testament the genealogy of Jesus son of Mary is mentioned. MAT 1:6-16 and LUK 3:23-31. Each gives the ancestors of Joseph the CLAIMED husband of Mary and Step father of Jesus. The first one starts from Abraham(verse 2) all the way down to Jesus. The second one from Jesus all the way back to Adam. The only common name to these two lists between David and Jesus is JOSEPH, How can this be true? and also How can Jesus have a genealogy when all Muslims and most Christians believe that Jesus had/has no father."I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (JER 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."
"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (JAS 5:11)
"For his mercy endureth forever." (1CH 16:34)
"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (PSA 145:9)
"God is love." (1JO 4:16)
1KI 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;
2CH 6:36 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;
PRO 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?
ECC 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
JO1 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
JO1 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
JO1 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
JO1 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
there are so many more but for space I would list them
The Resurrection , not worth the time to argue there is more proof that there were witches at salem.However lets look at one of the core beliefs of the bible.Jesus died so our sins would be forgiven.
How is it right to have our sins and the responsibility for our sins removed when responsibility is the core of moralty?
SavedByChrist94

Pro

SavedByChrist94 forfeited this round.
missmedic

Con

I dont expect people to simply or abruptly change their minds in arguments and debates. But they do go home and think about it, and little thoughts turn into bigger ones. Questions turn into answers. Doubts turn into convictions or convictions about god turn into substanial doubts. What I find about people of faith is they pretend to know things they don't know. I believe in science, logic, and reason. By every reasonable measure, science has improved the lot of humanity by orders of magnitude more than any other institution. The scientific method is the most important discovery in the entire history of the human race. This is why I find it hard to believe in imaginary gods and primitive book with so little value in our modern world. Religion is a social institution that propagates the view that disagreeing with it is disrepectful, intolerant, sinful, and evil. Question everything thank you.
SavedByChrist94

Pro

Didn't forfeit out of cowardice, and I'll prove it by refuting my opponents argument, I actually twice forgot this debate, so I'm sorry.

"I dont expect people to simply or abruptly change their minds in arguments and debates. But they do go home and think about it, and little thoughts turn into bigger ones. Questions turn into answers. Doubts turn into convictions or convictions about god turn into substanial doubts. What I find about people of faith is they pretend to know things they don't know. "

Nope, no doubt here, only busy.

"I believe in science, logic, and reason."

No you do not,

Scientifically, Logically, and Reasonablely a Cause is Equal or Greater than it's effect, thus our cause must be Greater than Human emotion and Intelligence, basically a Mind, thus our Cause Scientifically is a Mind, already refuted here.

" This is why I find it hard to believe in imaginary gods and primitive book with so little value in our modern world."

Quantum Mechanics makes All Things Possible with matter.

Creation ex nihilo, BVG Theorem, and Big Bang confirms Genesis http://www.leaderu.com...;

Intelligent Design such as DNA confirms Genesis and Immaterial Properties http://www.ideacenter.org...

The Shroud Confirms Jesus Christ Resurrection from death, Carbon Dating of Medievil times has Recently been refuted as it's being dated to 1st Century from new test and evidence such as crucifixion and crown of thorns,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...;

All Scientific Facts, so if you believe in Science as you claim to, then you have to believe in the facts above.

"macro-evolution" has been refuted several times http://www.john-lee-ministries.org...

http://www.newgeology.us...;

Watch, I can refute "macro-evolution" in a second, if "macro-evolution" via Naturalism/Natural selection is true then since Homosexuality is disadvantageous to the species it would be Immoral, Homosexuality is not Immoral in The Bible(GayChristian101.com, http://savedbychrist94.blogspot.com...

or Homosexuality just wouldn't exist,

now rape would be a quicker way to advance the species and promote more Reproduction, and sadly if "macro-evolution" were true, Natural Selection would've chosen this as a tool and would have made it moral, however in Reality is it Immoral no matter what, and The Bible condemns it, Deuteronomy 22:25-27 - 25 But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

"If the bible was written by the creator of the universe it would have much more usefull insight and no contradiction."

Which would make it un-authentic, break free will and unreliable etc, YHWH left His Word to man, man can corrupt it a little but His Word prevails, Errors are no big deal.

". In 2 Timothy 3:16, we are told that all Scripture is inspired. The word used for inspiration is theopneustos which means "God-breathed," implying that what was written had its origin in God Himself.

1, The Bible is a Canon, we choose the ones with Proof of Authentication, so just because a book is CHOSEN doesn't make it Scripture, it's Scripture based on the proof, and if there's an Error then it isn't Scripture.

2, that is EXACTLY what the verse says, "all Scripture is inspired. The word used for inspiration is theopneustos which means "God-breathed,""

ALL SCRIPTURE, if there's an error, it's not Scripture, so yes Scripture is inerrant, if there's an error then it's Interpolation which is possible in any possible world where YHWH leaves His Word to sinful man's care.

"How can Jesus have a genealogy when all Muslims and most Christians believe that Jesus had/has no father."

1, Islam is a false "atheist" religion created by an "atheist"(as mohammad didn't believe in YHWH but in a false god from a name stolen from another false created moon "god") pedophile.

2,

"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (JER 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."

"God is love." (1JO 4:16)"

This proves my point, Much if not the Whole Bible talks about YHWH's Mercy and Love on Sinners and His Love for Righetous, throughout The Bible YHWH says He will not and does not want to harm the Innocent(even text as EARLY as Genesis 19 nwhere YHWH won't destroy sodom even for 10 righteous people), YHWH even says we are to be like Children(Matthew 19:14), so if there's a verse, or heck even say a WHOLE BOOK in Canon(Bible) that says He's without mercy it's Interpolation as it goes AGAINST a majority of the text, if something goes against The Majoriy of the text and is minor, such as the mercy or baby killing supposed verses, then they must logically be dismissed as CONTRADICTIVE to the MAJORITY and therefore NOT APART of the majority and therefore Interpolation and therefore YHWH is REALLY a Merciful and Loving God who doesn't do what the minority against His Majority of Text say.

So thank you for proving the point that errors or contradictions against the majority are Good and make the Majority(YHWH is Love and Merciful) Authentic and Original.

"The Resurrection , not worth the time to argue there is more proof that there were witches at salem.However lets look at one of the core beliefs of the bible.Jesus died so our sins would be forgiven.
How is it right to have our sins and the responsibility for our sins removed when responsibility is the core of moralty?"

That's because The Bible doesn't teach what you think, The Bible never says that Jesus Christ took our punishment, but to repent(Matthew 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.)

Jesus Christ Resurrection is a Fact Both Historically, http://savedbychrist94.blogspot.com... Physically/Scientifically with The Shroud

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU1P1du8NCc

http://www.garyhabermas.com...

http://www.garyhabermas.com...

http://www.garyhabermas.com...

my opponent didn't refute anything in the previous round, thus vote Pro, the opponent never proved YHWH to be false, as the opponent has claimed, but actually has proved YHWH(The Father, and The Son, and The Holy Spirit) as a Reality.

I would like to have another debate with you after this one, as I messed on this one by forgetting it.
missmedic

Con

A thoughtful person who thinks about God cannot help but notice the amazing contradictions. They are everywhere you look.
Here is one very simple example. On the day Moses comes down from Mount Sinai with the stone tablets containing the Ten Commandments, he discovers that the Israelites have created a golden calf. To punish the people, Moses gathers a group of men and takes the following action in the book of Exodus, Chapter 32:

Then he [Moses] said to them, "This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' " The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.
So... one minute we have God carving into stone, "Thou shalt not kill." Then the next minute we have God telling each man to strap a sword to his side and lay waste to thousands. Wouldn't you expect the almighty ruler of the universe to be slightly more consistent than this? 3,000 dead people is a lot of commandment breaking. Obviously that is a total contradiction. The reason why you find contradictions like that in the Bible is because God is imaginary.
When you look at slavery, you get the same feeling of total contradiction. It is obvious to modern human beings that slavery is an abomination. The fact that God is a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible shows us that God is imaginary.
If you think about it, you can see the contradiction here. What does God plan to do to people who do not accept Jesus Christ as their savior? According to the Christian faith, he plans to torture them for eternity in the fires of hell. Since we all know that torture is always wrong, we have a contradiction.

According to Genesis, God also tortures all women for eternity with painful childbirth. For her trangression of eating the fruit, God says to Eve:

"I will greatly increase your pains in Childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children."
This, of course, is torture. Inflicting excruciating pain on someone as punishment is the dictionary definition of torture, as you can see here:
tor"ture: Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.
So, according to the Bible, God is the universe's all-powerful torturer. Unfortunately, according to Christianity Today, torture is always wrong. The fact that a perfect God is doing something that is always wrong shows you the contradiction.
If you would simply look at and accept how obvious these contradictions are, you can see the truth: God is imaginary. The evidence is all around you.
As I said before there is more proof of witches at Salem then there is of Jesus' resurrection .I guess that's why the bible only has certain books in it and none of them written anywhere near the time of Jesus.
There is no scientific evidence indicating that God exists. We all know that. For example:

God has never left any physical evidence of his existence on earth.

None of Jesus' "miracles" left any physical evidence either.

God has never spoken to modern man, for example by taking over all the television stations and broadcasting a rational message to everyone.

The resurrected Jesus has never appeared to anyone.

The Bible we have is provably incorrect and is obviously the work of primitive men rather than God.

When we analyze prayer with statistics, we find no evidence that God is "answering prayers."

Huge, amazing atrocities like the Holocaust and AIDS occur without any response from God.

And so on"
Let's agree that there is no empirical evidence showing that God exists.
If you think about it as a rational person, this lack of evidence is startling. There is not one bit of empirical evidence indicating that today's "God", nor any other contemporary god, nor any god of the past, exists. In addition we know that:

If we had scientific proof of God's existence, we would talk about the "science of God" rather than "faith in God".

If we had scientific proof of God's existence, the study of God would be a scientific endeavor rather than a theological one.

If we had scientific proof of God's existence, all religious people would be aligning on the God that had been scientifically proven to exist. Instead there are thousands of gods and religions.
The reason for this lack of evidence is easy for any unbiased observer to see. The reason why there is no empirical evidence for God is because God is imaginary. Thank you for the debate. Question everything.
Posted by really12 1 year ago
really12
Of course the bible is about God - its his word.

If God doesn't exist, then what does?

If the theory of evolution is real then what preceded the big bang?
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Miss medic........".........I'm sure you are a nice guy and very helpful to those around you and I 'm sure you would stop to help me (if you didn't know it was this preacher who you find so disgusting now) if you suddenly came by when I was in peril and you could help. That's great. But toward God, you are arrogant acting like you have the right to live simply because you exist,.........."

I guess I should have made this statement first. By reading your pofile, I know that we would get along fine and work together on many things if we were neighbors.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Miss medic, you say "Question Everything" but the one thing you are not questioning is the idea that your own existence justfies you so you don't have to worry about God's Rule, His Law, or Hiis Judgement over you and you don't have to worry about the fire of hell. You need to question your own self-justification.....and you need to question yourself honestly to admit you need God's mercy to escape his wrath against your sin. The one thing you are not questioning in your arrogant self-assertion acting like you have the right to live because you exist. You are in danger of the fire of hell. You need to question your own doubts. And if you say you have no doubt that there is nothing to fear, again, you need to question yourself. We have all sinned against God, we all deserve to die and burn in hell, we all need His mercy and His pardon so we can be saved. God wants you to come to him with words. He is reasonable and he is more than fair in giving you time while he holds back His wrath against your arrogance. I'm sure you are a nice guy and very helpful to those around you and I 'm sure you would stop to help me (if you didn't know it was this preacher who you find so disgusting now) if you suddenly came by when I was in peril and you could help. That's great. But toward God, you are arrogant acting like you have the right to live simply because you exist, and He is going to run out of patience toward you if you do not repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ so He can pardon you from the fire o hell since he paid the price for your sins with His own blood. Why can't you get this through your thick skull? It's because the devil has blinded your mind and filled it with a bunch of garbage so you are swimming around in the stink of it and thinking it's good.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
medic, you are all messed up, pumped up in pride thinking you stand on your own. You are heading for a fall.
Posted by SavedByChrist94 3 years ago
SavedByChrist94
Forgot about this debate and missed round 4, will get to it in round 5.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
SavedByChrist94missmedicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Vote retracted.
Vote Placed by calculatedr1sk 3 years ago
calculatedr1sk
SavedByChrist94missmedicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were inadequate to prove part 1 of his resolution, and part 2 of the resolution was never even in dispute. The BoP was on Pro, but he seemed to think that Con had the BoP to disprove God, which by the wording of the resolution was not the case. Eventually, in round 5 Pro did make some case for the existence of God by attacking evolution and using the Big Bang as a support for creationism. I found his arguments to be weak, juvenile, and poorly executed. Con's approach also for me left some things to be desired, but overall I felt that most aspects of Pro's case were successfully confronted and refuted (with exceptions of BB and evolution, which were disappointingly not contested). Sources went to Pro for sheer volume, and for the lack of Con giving any credit to Sam Harris, who is echoed so closely at times (without credit) that it borders on plagarism. Conduct to Con for Pro's round of ff.