Kikomori
KJVPrewrather

God Exists

KJVPrewrather has forfeited round #2.

Kikomori

Con

I recently saw your debate with another Atheist and thought that you would be interesting to debate with. As the burden of proof lies with you, you go first
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I don't understand how life is possible without a life giver. The information contained in a human zygote would fill the libraries of the world. How is the solar system possible? Saying that the universe has no beginning originates in Hindu pantheistic thought, not atheism. Think about it. I'm not the best, but I've got questions and comments.
Kikomori

Con

In your argument, you commit the "God of the Gaps Fallacy," essentially, I don't know, therefore God, for example - "I don't know how the solar system is possible, so God must've done it."
To answer each of your points, "I don't understand how life is possible without a life giver," is not proof of God. If we were to accept this argument as true, than you have only established Deism, and you have given no evidence as to why this life giver must be a personal being who loves each and every one of us. Furthermore, you commit a special pleading fallacy, as the God you believe in is 'alive' so by your logic, he would also need a life giver.
Secondly, you said that "the information contained in a human zygote would fill the libraries of the world." This in no way proves theism, so why bring it up?
"How is the solar system possible?" Well, the solar system is possible because all objects has mass, and the more mass an object has, the larger its gravitational pull. The suns mass is so large that its gravity keeps 4 rock planets and 4 gas giants orbiting it. If you wanted to know how It was formed, use this source https://www.windows2universe.org....
Finally, the idea "that the universe has no beginning originates in Hindu pantheistic thought, not atheism," has no bearing on what is true or false. The disbelief in God doesn't necessarily mean that the Universe has no beginning, and most Atheists would agree that the Universe as we know it began at the Big Bang.
Posted by judaism 3 months ago
judaism
@KJVPrewrather

Why won't you ever answer my arguments against Jesus? Perhaps someone else will?
Posted by judaism 3 months ago
judaism
@rextr05, because they're scared and want silly people. . . obviously G-d exists.
Posted by rextr05 3 months ago
rextr05
Kikomori, I'm puzzled a bit here. I'm sure you know that debating a subject that has no absolute up=to-date 'proof,' is an easy win for you. You gave an impossible 1st round rule of, "the burden of proof lies with you," knowing there is no absolute proof. Why would you do that unless you are trolling?
Posted by judaism 3 months ago
judaism
Does G-d exists?

Look out your window. Yes.

How do we know theism came first? History tells us.
Posted by Balance42 3 months ago
Balance42
How do you know atheists weren't the first to originate? Simply put theism is outdated. God may exist but God/god is conveniently always put outside of testable parameters and therefore we will never know.
Posted by judaism 3 months ago
judaism
@KJVPrewrather, did you ever read my arguments against Jesus? Just wondering what you thought of it since you forfeited round 5.
Posted by judaism 3 months ago
judaism
@Kilomori

No, you're wrong. YOU have the burden of proof proving to me that G-d DOESN'T exists! After all, haven't you forgot that the atheist came after the theist? Do you think Christopher Hitchens would play games like you?

For all we know, you could be wrong - if that's the case - then you must prove why you're right!
Posted by Kikomori 3 months ago
Kikomori
@judaism
"Us athiests" don"t go first because of the nature of the burden of proof - the one making the claim has to prove it. As humans don"t naturally believe in God, it is the theists job to prove that God exists, not the other way around. Russell"s teapot perfectly highlights the issue - if I said that a microscopic teapot existed and orbited the sun between earth and mars, it is my job to prove this right, not someone else"s job to prove it wrong
Posted by judaism 3 months ago
judaism
You atheists always use the same old arguments, moreover, why can't you ever go first? How come everyone on this site is always asking the theist to make the first move, are they scared?