jawyer
Nur-Ab-Sal

"God Exists"?

Nur-Ab-Sal

jawyer

Con

WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE. LET's TAKE A LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE THERE IS AND ARGUE TO DECIDE THE TRUTH

I am Con, therefore I am against the idea of his existance

Pro will convince us that he does

GOOD LUCK!

It is easy to prove to yourself that God is imaginary. The evidence is all around you
Source: http://godisimaginary.com...

Nur-Ab-Sal

Pro

I accept and eagerly await my opponent's argument in Round 2. I do appreciate the "God is imaginary because he is imaginary, look at this website for proof" argument, but I want to see an actual argument in Round 2 to argue against. Good luck Con!
jawyer

Con

jawyer forfeited this round.
Nur-Ab-Sal

Pro

Hopefully Con will stay around for Round 3.
jawyer

Con

jawyer forfeited this round.
Nur-Ab-Sal

Pro

...I'm guessing he's just given up.
jawyer

Con

jawyer forfeited this round.
Nur-Ab-Sal

Pro

Just waiting for it to end, now. I guess we can see who's more dedicated to this debate.
jawyer

Con

jawyer forfeited this round.
Nur-Ab-Sal

Pro

Well, I wish I could have had the opportunity to debate this topic.
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
I was, too.
Posted by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
I was looking forward to a debate.

Oh well, Chuckle Chuckle.
Posted by girg 4 years ago
girg
This should be interesting, I attempted to make this debate with someone else, however failed. I anticipate the body of this argument. I am rooting for Con, and hope to see a good turnout.
Posted by GenesisCreation 4 years ago
GenesisCreation
"One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination." (Proverbs 28:9)

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him [God], and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth" (I John 1:6).

I agree that the Bible speaks about people who willingly do evil and still cry "Lord". However, it is not accurate to say that God does not answer the prayers of the sinners. Remember, Jesus did not come for the righteous, he came to lead the sinner to repentance. A sinner must pray at least once before he is made righteous by grace and a Christian must pray at least once to ask for forgiveness if he/she has left the righteous path. God hears the sincere prayer of sinners. He ignores empty prayers by sinners.

That's just my interpretation of the text. I could not understand the Bible any other way, except that we are called to pray for the forgiveness of sin. That makes us prayerful sinners.
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
Genesis,

Psalm 66:18 says, "if I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened."

Sin also separates us from God. If a believer sins and repents, then obviously God will listen and forgive. But if an unbeliever, who loves their sin and is not praying to repent, prays just to see if God will respond, He won't. God is not at the whims of man.
Posted by GenesisCreation 4 years ago
GenesisCreation
KeytarHero, are you absolutely sure about your statements? "God doesn't hear our prayers with sin in our hearts."

I would agree that prayer doesn't cause God to react in our favor. Prayer is designed to align our hearts with the will of God. It's not a pagan ritual that forces God to rain down divine favor.

However, I strongly believe that God hears the prayers of the most sinful, deplorable people. As Christ said to the thief on the cross, (who didn't ask for forgiveness, but instead begged Christ to simply remember him): "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Hearing the prayer of sinful hearts is the whole point. Wouldn't you agree?
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Doulos1202
If this was changed that it is not probable that God exists I may entertain it.
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
Actually, I should probably qualify my comment since it sounds a little harsher than I intended. What I mean is we can't expect unbelievers to understand everything about the Bible (not even Christians fully understand everything), but things like prayer which require study to actually learn everything about it is something we shouldn't expect non-Christians to really do. It's quite easy for atheists to strawman us because they don't take the time to really learn what the Bible teaches.
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
KeytarHero
That website is ridiculous. The first point "try praying" goes to show that whoever wrote it doesn't understand the Bible (which shouldn't surprise anyone, really). You can't just pray and expect God to do whatever you want. First and foremost, sin separates us from God. God doesn't hear our prayers with sin in our hearts. So obviously, if an unbeliever prays he shouldn't expect an answer.
Posted by GenesisCreation 4 years ago
GenesisCreation
Straw man....
Vote Placed by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
jawyerNur-Ab-SalTied
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
jawyerNur-Ab-SalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit.