holla1755
PowerPikachu21

God Is Annoying

holla1755

Pro

God is annoying. For over ten years now, He continuously and constantly keeps me in an upset state of mind. He makes me want things and never gives me them. He makes me look bad publicly, to other people and to my acquaintances. He continuously and constantly makes me suffer. He makes me like people and doesn't make those people like me. Sometimes God even makes a person I am attracted to not be attracted to me, and makes that person and another person who is not I be attracted to each other and be in a physical, mental, and social relationship with each other. God makes some of the people around me do things that mentally provoke me and keeps them agitating, annoying, or bothering me.

I know God can do a lot worse to me and I'm thankful to Him that He doesn't. But still, He should just let me be happy in my life. It seems that would be better than what he is doing to me now and has been doing to me for over ten years.
PowerPikachu21

Con

God isn't the one annoying you, it's the people you mentioned. Your ties with God are very questionable, but if it makes you feel any better, God left us long ago; probably a bit after the Bible was created. Don't blame God for man's flaws. Blame the internet and whatever else is influencing these guys.
holla1755

Pro

God is the one annoying me. God has total power over and totally controls everything. He totally controls the people I mentioned. He totally controls the poor situation I'm in. He totally controls the Internet, you, and me.
PowerPikachu21

Con

God does not exist. God is not controlling me.

If god did control me, then who posted that message? Wouldn't God want people to discover him? Submit evidence that God is the puppeteer you claim he is. Otherwise, God doesn't control me. I'm an Atheist anyways.
holla1755

Pro

God does exist. Define Him as the universe if you have no better definition. God is controlling you, totally. God is omnipotent. "God," "Wikipedia," https://en.wikipedia.org..., visited Jul. 11, 2017.

I don't know what message you are referring to, but it seems you or I posted that message, under the total control and influence of God.

If you're an atheist as you say you are, then I don't think you would have a problem considering the universe to be God. The universe is annoying.

Whatever the case, life is annoying.
PowerPikachu21

Con

This is the last round, and it's unfair to now claim the entire universe is annoying. I thought we were talking about the Christian God. Nevertheless, your argument is still faulty. If we're talking about the whole universe, then are clouds annoying? Are stars in the sky annoying? Hopefully not. Only the people are annoying by our own free will.

[And the message I was referring to was when I said God doesn't exist.]

So if God's influencing me... does this prove free will: iaedoaiajfisdjfoauh8fueishiufeafyyheriu? [randomly spamming keyboard]

I don't consider the universe as a God. A god is a deity that watches other the people, usually protecting them. The universe doesn't watch over us: We live in it. And life is annoying, yes. But God isn't. The universe as a whole is not annoying. I admit I can be annoying, but I'm human. But the resolutions talks about God specifically, and I've shown God isn't annoying. It's the people.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 6 months ago
PowerPikachu21
@canis And it's not annoying when someone preaches about a lack of gods on every single debate? We get it. You're an Atheist. Unless you have something more meaningful to say, then don't post.
Posted by canis 6 months ago
canis
Hmm. gods are not annoying..Only people talking about the gods they have created in theire minds..Dreams..Dreams Dreams...
Posted by Fatbstrd 6 months ago
Fatbstrd
Nice fairytale but pharaoh, not to mention David above, disagrees with you. Ever read how your Maker answers His own people? Ezekiel explains He answers people according to the idols in their hearts. Even says that if they are deceived, He is the one doing it. When a person chooses to follow the lie He feeds them more. This is exactly the same principle as those whom seek blood, He will give them more than their fill.
Posted by Fatbstrd 6 months ago
Fatbstrd
Posted by Arganger 6 months ago
Arganger
Nope, god has been pretty consistent about allowing free will, it's just he already knows who is going to fail to control said free will.
Posted by Fatbstrd 6 months ago
Fatbstrd
O YAHUAH, why have you made us to err from your ways, and hardened our heart from your fear? Return for your servants' sake, the tribes of your inheritance.
Isaiah 63:17

If you have free will, it's definetly for a limited time.
Posted by Arganger 6 months ago
Arganger
God doesn't control people, he gave us free will.