enpeper7
SoulTechNameIII

God Is Not Real

enpeper7

Pro

This is a debate about whether or not the Christian God exists.

The first round is for acceptance and the definition of God. I would like if, in the first round, my opponent would provide a detailed definition of the Christian God. I ask this because there are many possible interpretations of the Bible. This definition will be the accepted, unchanging definition used in this debate.
SoulTechNameIII

Con

Well, I certainly agree that it is most likely that a God doesn't exist. However, you appear to be trying to prove such which is completely impossible.

I cannot provide a definition of God as I am not Christian, but from what I can tell his certain attributes are being above humans significantly even enough to be out of our comprehensions, he is all - powerful, able to commit no evil as all he does is good, he is within everyone, he is wise, and he holds nothing but love for humanity.
enpeper7

Pro

I realize that I cannot absolutely prove that God does not exist, but for the sake of the debate, I wanted to take the opposite position of my opponent. I was also assuming that a Christian would accept this debate. I don't think that I will continue this debate, as I already agree with you. Instead of posting in the debate section, you could have just entered this response in the comments section.
SoulTechNameIII

Con

Well, that's a shame. I suppose we can agree with each other for the next few rounds.

Also have you heard of my new religon?
You can join under specific conditions
1) accept that all humans are born filthy sinners
2) pray every night to your deep chackras to remove the sin
3) follow condition 1 and 2
enpeper7

Pro

Condition 3 is unnecessary, kind of like most of the 10 Commandments: https://www.youtube.com...

I'm creating a new religion. It is my belief is that anyone opposed to my ideas should be killed. I discovered it when I slammed my door, and someone complained about my door slamming. I'll call it "I slam." /s
SoulTechNameIII

Con

Ah! AHHA!
I have the perfect counter for this, the one perfect source and wealth of pure knowledge!
So you say your religion is correct? That you are the only one true religion?
Well buddy I have a counter; The Bible.
Check.
Mate.
Read a book.
enpeper7

Pro

I did read your book, and it was entirely unconvincing. On the other hand, my book is the greatest book ever written. (ignore the parts about genocide, incest and slavery) My book even states that it is true, so it must be. My parents also think that my book is true, and they can't be wrong...
SoulTechNameIII

Con

One last rebuttle. Your book says it's true. Well, Well, Well. My book says that your book would say that, AND that your book is wrong.
Check.
Mate.
#God's Not Dead
#God's Not Dead 2