boozeandbabble
fred70

God? Is the numinous a gratuitous necessity?

boozeandbabble

Pro

Alas! Predation, deformities, suffering, and cruelty. Indifference is impartial and naturally so, for every species is preoccupied with various methods of ejaculating. Yet, faint traces of contemplative awareness swirl around the spectacle. A smidgen of concern here. A tidbit of curiosity there.
A chimp raped a frog to death on YouTube. A family of five beat a homeless man to death on YouTube. Which party would prefer anonymity? I assure you the former doesn't give two pence. YouTubers' comments found the frog's fate delightfully humorous. Like I said, 'a smidgen here...a tidbit there...
Interruptions. A dog will interrupt its schedule to scoot its butt across the carpet. The average bloke will interrupt his to ponder the numinous. If a bowel movement doesn't anally express properly what's a good dog to do? But why bother with the numinous bit?
Patterns. Clever atheists note how we're pattern seeking personalities in search of purpose. Well fine, when convenience dictates of course, but what about when it's counter intuitive? Now that's a nail biter.
Self to self. Mind to mind. Subjectivity verses subjectivity. (futility in its lowest/ highest form) Objectivity verses objectivity? Kill the time verses kill the time. What a cruel trick evolution did play, flavored fancies with nothing to sway. Sentimental yammering verses the cunning logic of hubris, either way it's a perception war. Can my propaganda defeat your propaganda? But if that gut feeling beyond the grasp of persuasion is truly the numinous, I embrace it for what it is\might be.
fred70

Con

Heehawing gibberish about God will send you straight to hell. One day I'll look down from heaven and take a gander at you while you suffer agonizing damnation. The flames of hell burn hotter than any conflagration your mind can imagine. Go ahead and sputter blasphemous feces while you can. Jesus is the King of Glory and His omnipotent wrath is awaiting your demise! Remember that next time you get a hankering for trivial amusements.
boozeandbabble

Pro

Hi, fred70. Um, wow! My deist position laments my desire for god's existence in spite of rhetoric's inability to achieve certainty for or against him. I also bemoaned that the intentions of atheists/theists are far from noble when engaging this issue. You disregarded my "heehawing gibberish" in favor of dogmatics and propaganda. I don't know whether your cheerful desire for my "damnation" is disturbing or hilarious.
So the numinous inspires you to have certainty in your well being and joy in others lack thereof? Fascinating!
fred70

Con

Your feeble mind substitutes the word "numinous" for God, thus exposing the chaos and intellectual cowardice that ravages your thinking. Of course I have certainty in my well being,
1 John 5:12,13, he who has the Son has life, he who doesn't have the Son doesn't have life.
Yes, I have joy in other's "lack thereof", how long Lord, holy and true, until you judge those who inhabit the earth, Revelation 6:10. In Your unfailing love silence my enemies, destroy all my foes. (Psalm 143:12)
I've been bathed with the blood of Christ. I've been reborn through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit. You are a reprobate perishing in vanity. Confusion and futility have subjugated you, and to this, your blither blathering provides no remedy. One day you will perish as a lost donkey in a waterless wilderness. Your cunning will abandon you. A dark void of obscurity will erase your memory from everyone who ever knew you. But it's not over for your awareness. No, not even close. The endless misery has only begun! Everything your half-witted mind ever feared will inherit your warped soul. You will be clothed with shame, and dread, torment, and guilt, will be the sum total of your never ending existence.
boozeandbabble

Pro

Your spirituality has given you a superiority complex, and your morbid description of my hypothetical stint in your supposed hell is informative. You genuinely felt happiness in my trip to a netherworld. Yikes! I'm glad your beliefs are false, but saddened that a human being actually has them. I can't imagine the damage your religion has done to you. What isolation! How unpleasant a demeanor! Sir, my heart truly has empathy for you. You have denied yourself the most human of all experiences,........solidarity.
fred70

Con

You emotional twit! Your feelings have no relevance to the issue. I have unwavering certainty in absolute truth, while you wallow in speculation. You want solidarity?
Solidarity means nothing to me, for my citizenship is in heaven, Philippians 3:20.
You are a child of the devil, 1 John 3:10. I have no empathy for you.
My Christian logic has easily conquered your flimsy tower of Babel.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
I beat the brakes of him.
Posted by CiderH 1 year ago
CiderH
Welp. This was unfortunately pointless. Nothing came out of it since the Con did nothing but spew his hatred for Pro and his beliefs.

Honestly, if you do not wish to have a debate, I then have to wonder why are you even here to begin with, Con.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
Why did canis correct your use of the word propaganda with the French "propagande"?
Posted by boozeandbabble 1 year ago
boozeandbabble
Propagande est Francais. Yo prefiero Ingles!
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"Can my propaganda defeat your propaganda? But if that gut feeling beyond the grasp of persuasion is truly the numinous, I embrace it for what it is\might be."
It is not "propagande" to know that there is no god. It is "propagande" to say that "your gut" and god could be the same.