LifeMeansGodIsGood
AlternativeDavid

God Loves Atheists

AlternativeDavid

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Atheists say there is no God, but God still loves them and wants them to go to heaven. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God does not want atheists to burn in Hell; he is being kind to them, trying to bring them to trust Him so they can be saved from Hell. Time is running out for them, but as long as they have time in the world, there is still hope that they can be saved.
AlternativeDavid

Con

"God still loves them and wants them to go to heaven"

How dare you speak on behalf of God. How could a mere mortal such as yourself know what God wants? Shame on you.

"Trying to bring them to trust him"

I've never heard of somebody going from atheist to religious. However, plenty of people have gone from religious to atheist. This all powerful deity isn't doing a very good job.

"There is still hope they can be saved."

All of this in on the assumption that God is real. If he was, he'd know exactly what evidence I would need to be won over. As the proof has not been provided by him, I can safely assume that nobody is going to be saved because God doesn't exist.

In summary, God does not love atheists because he doesn't exist. Also, Pro
is a heathen for speaking on behalf of him.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

How dare you speak on behalf of God. How could a mere mortal such as yourself know what God wants? Shame on you

How dare I? How can I not tell others that God loves them when I know He loves me and I know how unworthy I am of His love. I know God wants you to have eternal life because the finalization of your death is delayed. I can's say how long it will be delayed, only God knows that.

Where would the shame come from if God is not there? You are the one who should be ashamed for insulting Him when He loves you.

Either you are being kept sheltered in an institution (maybe public schools) or you are running around with your fingers stuck in your ears.

"Trying to bring them to trust him" "
This all powerful deity isn't doing a very good job

Who's fault is it if you will not trust God? If you won't believe He loves you, if you won't believe He is reaching out to you, how is He supposed to convince you? You are hating Him and running your back on Him. Is He supposed to bow down to you?

There is still hope they can be saved."

The evidence you need is given to you. God knows you better than you know yourself. If He gave you everything the way you want it, it would only make you think you are better than Him, or at least as good as Him......which is what you are thinking now.
The only thing you can be sure of is that you are not saved. God loves you and wants you to be saved. You can be saved, but God will let you reject His love is that's what you want to do; and apparently that is what you want. I'm sorry.
God still loves atheists.
AlternativeDavid

Con

Pro keeps on asserting that God loves atheists, however has not provided any proof that he does.

Pro also keeps stating things on the assumption that God actually exists, while not giving any evidence to show that He exists.

"Either you are being kept sheltered in an institution (maybe public schools) or you are running around with your fingers stuck in your ears"

Nope. I don't know a single person who has gone from atheist to religious, yet I know plenty of people that have gone from religious to atheist. I honestly can't think of anybody. The fact is that the amount of non-theists are raising faster than the number of theists [1].

"The evidence you need is given to you."

I don't see any.

"If He gave you everything the way you want it, it would only make you think you are better than Him, or at least as good as Him......which is what you are thinking now."

How could Pro possibly know what I'm thinking? It actually wasn't what I'm thinking. I don't equate myself to God because he does not exist.

"The only thing you can be sure of is that you are not saved. God loves you and wants you to be saved. You can be saved, but God will let you reject His love is that's what you want to do; and apparently that is what you want. I'm sorry. God still loves atheists."

There Pro goes again. Speaking on behalf of God. Even if He did exist, where is this proof that God loves atheists?

[1] http://theweek.com...
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

It sounds like all the people you know were shaped from the same cookie cutter, and we know how the cookie crumbles. Many ahteists have come to know God loves them. The reason you can't find any is because you are not looking. I'm sure s simple web search woudl show you many sucessful and respected former atheist, they come from all walks of life as atheists to bright eyed in wonder at how God loves them. Sadly, many people have dabbled with religion and hardened their hearts agaisnt God and it seems they will forever reject God's love and end up with nothing but death and Hell. That is not what God wants for you. He put me in your path to try to reach you. If that is not proof God loves you, what is? Will you never believe God loves you? If you won't believe it, it can never be proven.

Even though you have offended God in yoru words, thoughts, actions, and attitudes in unholiness, and your sin has separated you from God, He sill loves you and wants you to come back to Him, reason with Him, agree with Him so He can forgive you and make you into His child for eternal life to pour out all of the blessings of His heaven on you, far beyond anything good you can imagine. Won't you stop being stubborn and admit that you don't deserve God's love, and believe He is merciful in extending it to you?

He loves you so much, He paid for your offenses against Him with His own blood in Jesus Christ. The Son of God took your place so He can be just to forgive you and righteous to execute death in Hell upon all who reject the unspeakable gift of His Son as payment for your sins. What else can He do to prove He loves you? God loves atheists........and everybdoy else. He is reaching out to you to get you to believe on Him and trust Him. He's giving you time to change your mind, He allows troubles to come trying to bring you to debend on Him because you need Him for life. He loves you and wants you in life in Heaven forever, not in death forever in Hell. Why reject His love?
.
AlternativeDavid

Con

"God and it seems they will forever reject God's love and end up with nothing but death and Hell."

Given the sheer amount of scientists in Hell right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was air conditioned by now. I have a question for Pro: If I'm going to Hell for rejecting God, does that mean that the 77% of people in the world that aren't Christian are going to Hell also? If Heaven is filled with evangelicals, it's not a place I want to be.

"Even though you have offended God in yoru words, thoughts, actions, and attitudes in unholiness, and your sin has separated you from God, He sill loves you and wants you to come back to Him, reason with Him, agree with Him so He can forgive you and make you into His child for eternal life to pour out all of the blessings of His heaven on you, far beyond anything good you can imagine."

Longest. Sentence. Ever.

I'm sorry that I offended your imaginary friend. Maybe he shouldn't be so sensitive.

"He loves you so much, He paid for your offenses against Him with His own blood in Jesus Christ. The Son of God took your place so He can be just to forgive you and righteous to execute death in Hell upon all who reject the unspeakable gift of His Son as payment for your sins. "

Remind me, is Jesus God? Or is Jesus his son? Pro just said he was both.

"What else can He do to prove He loves you?"

Well he could come down to Earth and prove his existence to me personally. Why was he appearing all of the time in the Bible? There are more heathens than ever now [2], yet no sign of him.

"Why reject His love?"

This argument is hilarious. Why would Pro want me to love a man? Doesn't that go against the Bible? [3]

Pro has still failed to prove the existence of God, and has also failed to prove that God loves Atheists.

[2] http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
[3] Leviticus 18:19-23
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

You are not sorry, and He loves you still. He is being patient with you because He does not want you to go to Hell.

Pro keeps on asserting that God loves atheists,

This was the topic of the debate. I want to commend you for your observation that in the debate entitled "God loves atheists" you recognize that I keep asserting that God loves atheist. Your powers of observation are another reason I think you got a good public school education.

Hell is never full. .God loves you or He would not give you any more time and He would let you go. You think people who hate sin are going to be their? Hell is for people who love sin. God hates sin. It makes people go to Hell, God loves Atheists. Atheists love sin until they take sides with God against themselves and agree to His right to let them go to Hell in their rebellion. Hell is where people who think they are as good or better or as smart or smarter than God end up, but God wants everybody to be saved from it. It will be too late to be saved from Hell if you don't get saved from it before your death is finalized.

I told you God Himself took your death as Jesus Christ and conquered death to save you from Hell, right? He is risen for the dead
Do you know how dumb you look saying God is not there and their is no Hell? I don't know why people think they are smart when they talk that way......but they sure can act mean and arrogant doing it. How long do you think God will put up with that garbage before He finally says, "This person will never care that I love them and I have to let them go to Hell" . Most people will go into eternity thinking they deserve a "Don't Fry Like Eternal Sausage in Hell" card. Do you have one of those cards now? Let me see it so I can light a match to it and show you it's fake.

God loves atheists. He does not want you to burn in Hell to show you that your "Don't Fry Like Eternal Sausage" card is fake.
AlternativeDavid

Con

"You are not sorry, and He loves you still. He is being patient with you because He does not want you to go to Hell."

Still waiting for the proof about the existence of God.

"This was the topic of the debate. I want to commend you for your observation that in the debate entitled "God loves atheists" you recognize that I keep asserting that God loves atheist. Your powers of observation are another reason I think you got a good public school education."

Good job on leaving out half of my sentence when trying to insult me. What I said was "Pro keeps on asserting that God loves atheists, however has not provided any proof that he does."

Also, I wanted to leave this out, but my high school is ranked in the top 200 of the entire USA. that includes private and public schools. I guarentee my "public school education" is much better than what Pro has recieved.

As Pro has still failed to provide any real evidence showing that his God loves me, I will continue denying his claims.

"Hell is never full"

I'd like to see Pro's proof of this claim.

"Do you know how dumb you look saying God is not there and their is no Hell?"

Did Pro just call me dumb and use the wrong form of "there" in the same sentence?

"How long do you think God will put up with that garbage before He finally says, 'This person will never care that I love them and I have to let them go to Hell'"

According to the Bible, God is omniscient. He already knows if I'm a lost cause, if he exists, he has already damned me to hell.

"God loves atheists. He does not want you to burn in Hell to show you that your 'Don't Fry Like Eternal Sausage' card is fake."

Again, I'd like proof that Pro's God loves me.

Pro has still provided absolutely no proof whatsoever. He has merely made statement after statement telling me that his god loves atheists.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

See? You lied, you are not sorry. I called you a liar in the last round and I'm calling you a liar now. Yoo should be ashamed of yourself. You want proof of God while you deny that He is being patient in not sending you to Hell now were all liars, fornicators, drunkards, theives, and murderers will be. His patience with you is proof of His love for you. He does not want you to burn in Hell, but He loves you so much He will let you go there if you want to deny His love for you. I'm sorry. (And I"m not lying, I really do feel sorry for you. And I am not ashamed, because I have sure hope of eternal life in Jesus Chrsit, and I know He loved mw when i hated Him like you do now, and He died for me while I was His enemy like you are now. Hope from God makes me unashamed because the love of God is shed abroad in my heart....I am compelled to tell people God loves them and offers them eternal life. God loves atheists.

The most well educated person in the world is a fool if they reject God's love. I'm sure you are not the most well educated.

"Hell is never full"

No you don't want to see proof of this claim. It's better to believe it than to see it. To see it, you will have to be there. If you get saved from it before you see it, you will see it from heaven and proof will not be forced upon you. If you want, I can pray that God will give you proof that Hell is never full and there is room for you now. I'm sure God will answer this prayer if you wait long enough. God loves you, but He does not give you forever to run aound saying He is not there and He does not care for you. All of that garbage will be cast away with the sinners in the fire of Hell. God loves you, and your attitude toward Him is stinking garbage. Liars will burn in Hell.

Again, God's patience with you is proof of His love for you.
AlternativeDavid

Con

"You want proof of God while you deny that He is being patient"

Pro has still provided no proof that God exists.

"I am compelled to tell people God loves them and offers them eternal life"

I'll be honest. I think I've become more atheistic over the course of this debate.

"The most well educated person in the world is a fool if they reject God's love. I'm sure you are not the most well educated."

If I had to guess, I would say that Stephen Hawking is the most well educated person in the world. He's an Atheist.

"No you don't want to see proof of this claim. It's better to believe it than to see it"

Yes I do want proof of this claim. Also, I'll believe it when I see it.

"I'm sure God will answer this prayer if you wait long enough."

Really? I prayed for a pony in the second grade. Still waiting.

"Again, God's patience with you is proof of His love for you."

Still waiting for the proof that he exists.

-------------------------

Over the course of this debate, Pro refused to even attempt to fulfill his burden of proof.
Vote Con!
Posted by TheQuestion 2 years ago
TheQuestion
@Alternative David

Read the story in the link below and you won't have to make arguments from ignorance anymore ;]

http://gracenyc.onthecity.org...
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
I figured it would be an easy win
Posted by Firelife 2 years ago
Firelife
Don't bother with this guy I debated with him he will just preach threaten with hellfire and never refute.
Posted by TheQuestion 2 years ago
TheQuestion
What? Are you really expecting a debate on this topic? Because I don't see how it could work as one. Unless you just put "God loves Atheists" to get attention to debate a different topic. Then again, you don't really look like you're here to debate, more like just to preach. Which is fine with me but it would be nice if you did more than just preach (I've read some of your comments elsewhere and they too take a preaching line), especially considering the context you've chosen to do it in.
Vote Placed by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
JasperFrancisShickadance
LifeMeansGodIsGoodAlternativeDavidTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were more efficient and better because the things said were obvious and logical and most of what Con said were completely silly.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
LifeMeansGodIsGoodAlternativeDavidTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro didn't exactly uphold the resolution that well, he had no evidence or anything
Vote Placed by MrJosh 2 years ago
MrJosh
LifeMeansGodIsGoodAlternativeDavidTied
Reasons for voting decision: I have awarded conduct to CON because PRO didn't even attempt to satisfy his burden; he simply made assertions. For similar reasons, I have also awarded CON arguments.