LifeMeansGodIsGood
Tapwated

God Loves You

LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The Con postion for this debate is "God does not love me". "God is not there", or "there is no proof that God is there" are unacceptable arguments for this debate and will be automatic forfeiture. If you cannot argue that God does not love you without saying "there is no God" or "there is no proof of God", Please do not accetpt this challenge. If Con, in the debate or in the comments, says "you can't know God is there" or "God is not there" or "there is no proof of God" or any such denial or negative statement about the existence of God, Con agrees to forfeit the debate and Pro will not be required to supply any further arguments. Con may ask questions, but a rhetorical question that allows only for denial of God's existence is disqualiying and forfeits the debate. Con must argue how he knows God does not love him or her, and not argue that God is not there.

If these guidelines are not clear, please say so in the comments, not after you accept the debate challenge.
Tapwated

Con

I'll start by asking the question that I asked at the end of our previous debate, do you personally believe that God loves any human being? If so does he love everyone the same way?

I'd also like you to express your general arguments to backup your thesis since I didn't get to know much about your motives to be so sure about God's love in our previous debate.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Yes I beleive God loves every individual person the same way, individually. I believe He wants the best for everybody and He wants to fix everything for good for all. There are many oppressive governments in the world which make it difficult if not impossible for people to survive in some places of their counties. The problems in the world are not forever. God loves everybody and wants to give everbody eternal life in heaven where He can freely give them unlimited and unimaginably good blessings where He can enjoy them forever unhindered by anything that could hurt anybody. God loves everybody the same and wants to save everybody from death. Some people have an easier time in the world than others, some suffer terribly, but God loves all the same and all are under the same death penalty and all need to be saved from death. God loves us and wants to save us all. He can't save us if we won't trust Him.
.
Tapwated

Con

"There are many oppressive governments in the world which make it difficult if not impossible for people to survive in some places of their counties."
Are you suggesting that governments can sometimes be more powerful than God himself?

If God loved us all equally then why would he make life harder for some people rather than for others?

Finally, since "God loves everybody and wants to give everbody eternal life in heaven", then why such a big percentage of the world population dies before having any contact with Christianity? As you stated "He can't save us if we won't trust Him"; how can someone trust a god that he never even heard of?

If the Christian God loved each human being equally, then he would give everyone the same chance to learn about Christianity.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Thank you for precise questions.

Of course no government is more powerful than God. He tolerates corrupt and oppressive governments for now, but He will not tolerate them for long.....it may seem long when life is hard for a person, but time is short and eternity is forever.

Here in Psalm 2 God is showing Jesus will rule the world and end corrupt governments:

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me,
Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,
and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron;
thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings:
be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry,
and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all they that put their trust in him
Tapwated

Con

I would say that the Psalm you quoted is a great example of how God doesn't personally love every human being. Humans are told to "Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling". This kind of fearsome relationship is incompatible with the concept of love.

Anyway you didn't answer my other questions. If God loved each human being equally, then why wouldn't he give everyone the same chance to learn about him?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

A child says no to doing wrong because it knows it will be punished, this is healthy fear.......the kind God wants us to have toward Him. He loves us and He does not want to punish us but He will if it is the only way He can show He is good and He loves us and cares enough to correct us when we are wrong.

Everybody has the same chance to be learn about God. Any person who honestly seeks God's mercy will find it if they seek Him with all of their hearts. God will reveal His Son Jesus Christ to anybody who wholeheartedly seeks salvation from God.

Some, like babies and severely mentaally handicapped people, do not have reaoning power to seek God. They are always under God's mercy and will not be held accounable to where they have to ask for mercy when they are not capable of understanding. Anybody who is capable of understanding has the same chance to seek God's mercy. We are all guilty before God and noby has an exxuse for not finding God's mercy.
Tapwated

Con

Tapwated forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

God loves my opponent, I hope he sees that and I hope all the voters see that God loves them the same as me and the same as my opponent even though we all deserve to die and burn in hell. I hope my opponent is still with us.
Tapwated

Con

Tapwated forfeited this round.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
an honest vote though I think I had the better arguments........but your vote was honest and I appreciate that.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Thank you Fuzz, an honest vote.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
space is short, I'll try to answer what i can....I kept is short to try to train myself to get to the point of things quickly
Posted by Tapwated 2 years ago
Tapwated
Oh sorry I didn't read your comment before posting my arguments, I see why you didn't answer my other questions now
LifeMeansGodIsGood
ran out of space, have to answer the other questions here or in the next round
LifeMeansGodIsGood
if you won't believe that God loves you, it cannot be proven to you. If you will believe it is possible that God loves you, He may prove it to you. He certainly cannot prove His love for you if you will not believe that He loves you. As long as you are saying it is possible that God loves me personally, it is possible that you will come to know beyond doubt that God loves you. I know beyond doublt that God loves me, even though many things I longed for in the world have been denies from me and I'm getting old and my health is likely only to get worse little by little if not suddenly for the rest of my life.......people I love have been taken away from me suddenly or slowly...I expect more of them will suffer before leaving this world or leave suddenly with little or no suffering, but I will lose the pleasure of their company......but I still know God loves me, even though He knows all of my darkest faults and secrets better than I know myself. (God sees every though and every imagination, and He knows mine have been full of wickedness at times, and those moments are offensive crimes against God even if it was only time spent in though or imagaination not acted out in the world........not to mention my real actions in the world that I can never undo no matter how much time i could serve to pay for it.......paying forever cannot cleanse my record, paying forever cannot undo the damage I have done.......I know God loves me and I know I am forgiven and I know that you can know God loves you. I may use this for my next debate round......wating to see your argument......Not trying to argue in the comments, I simply enjoy thinking about God's love, and trying to tell others how they can know God loves them.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
for this debate, I will pick up wI understand your point, but I think you're using an argument that can't be considered valid since we can't foresee what my future will be like. I simply pointed out that until now I've never had much proof of being particularly loved by God
Of course I can't debate that any disappointment I've encountered in my life could somehow turn out to be part of a better plan for me, but that kind of reasoning shouldn't be considered in our debate since it's not provable in any way yet.

If I may, I'd like to ask you a question not to divert the conversation, rather to understand better your position. Would you say that God loves any human being? If so does he love everyone the same way?
here I dropped the ball after your round two comments:.......
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff