sahib19
Nzrsaa

God(Super-Natural power) does not exist.

Nzrsaa

sahib19

Pro

The most controversial topic in today"s world is whether or not GOD exists. In todays world everything is materialistic and a very speedy, in todays world people who work full time hardly get any kind of family time leave far time for spirituality and religion. Don"t you think it is Hippocratic how we boast of technology and scientific advances but at the same time we believe in a "super-natural" power that has no proof of existence and neither any logic behind it. Until now every connection, link or clue of existence of GOD has not been proved.

Let me ask you all something, does God exist. While answering this question keep in mind that for every decision of life we think practically and scientifically in some instances, why don"t we apply practicality, logic and basic science to answer this question.
Nzrsaa

Con

Hi,
I am a Christian, and I think that there are very Good reasons to believe in God; all the while I think that there are no good reasons to believe that God does not exist. I also think that belief in God is fully compatible with science and logic, contrary to my opponent's view.
As for Pro's points, I don't think that any successfully support the notion 'God does not exist'.

First of all, he says that is is hypocritical for mankind to boast of technological and scientific advancements, while still many people believe in God. But science is not in any way related to religious belief - nor should it. Upon the theological point of view, science would be the study of WHAT God has done in relation to the earth. This in no way proves or disproves the existence of God - nor could it. Even in an unbeliever's eyes, were God to exist, his existence is beyond what we humans can observe and so it is impossible for science to even begin to have a say on the existence of God.

The second point my opponent makes is the assertion that God's existence cannot be proved logically. But I will provide three basic arguments that Indeed, prove the existence of God using the laws of logic. They are as follows:

Argument #1) The Kalaam Cosmological argument:
This states three premises.
1) whatever begins to exist has a cause.
-We can see this in our everyday lives; life begins because of fertilisation in the womb. A cloud begins to exist because water vapour collects together. We don't see things come into existence uncaused, for example we don't see chairs pop into existence, or houses come into being with no previous cause.
2) the universe began to exist
We know this simply because of the big bang - an event we have plenty of evidence for. The universe is not eternal in it's existence because an actual infinity is an impossibility.
3) therefore the universe has a cause.
It therefore logically follows that the universe, which begun to exist, had a cause to it's existence.

But how do we know that cause was God?
Well, the cause has to have a number of properties: it has to be timeless and changeless, as it brought time into existence; it has to be immaterial as it brought the physical world, matter and energy into existance; it has to be hugely powerful and it has to be personal by the mere fact it brought the universe into existance.
There are only two things that follow that criteria: abstract objects - such as numbers - or an unembodied mind , i.e 'God'. And since abstract objects cannot cause ANYTHING, by deductive reasoning, the cause of the universe is an unembodied mind (God).

Argument #2) the argument from fine-tuning:
Put Simply, the universe would have had to have been so fine-tuned at it's original conditions so that intellegent life could exist, that if it expanded even 1/10 of a millimetre too quickly or too slowly, it would have collapsed back onto itself (source, Stephen Hawking: a brief history of time). There are only two explanations: chance, or design. And the most probable explanation (by far) is design.

Argument #3) Moral Argument
This also states three premises:
1) if God does not exist, then objective moral values and duties do not exist
- This premise is fairly explanatory: if God does not exist then morals are subjective rather than objective, as there is no objective source for morals.
2) Objective moral values and duties do exist
This premise is fairly obvious as well. It is inheritely wrong - whatever somebody else believes, that Child abuse or murder is wrong, for example.
3) therefore God exists.

I think these three arguments alone (even though there are many more) are more than enough to prove the existance of God both logically and rationally.

I look forward to my opponent's response on these matters.
sahib19

Pro

sahib19 forfeited this round.
Nzrsaa

Con

Will wait for Pro
sahib19

Pro

sahib19 forfeited this round.
Nzrsaa

Con

Extend my arguments
sahib19

Pro

sahib19 forfeited this round.
sahib19

Pro

sahib19 forfeited this round.
Posted by Alleyezonme 3 years ago
Alleyezonme
Wow, really? You are using technology and such to oppose the existence of a God? I think you should study your craft more. Tesla (if you don't know who he is and the knowledge he brought to the very subject you are using to say there is no God. Then I don't expect an reply)
Tesla: "All mental power comes from God, a higher existence. If we focus on this, we can understand life".

(Something close to that)
Posted by Alleyezonme 3 years ago
Alleyezonme

(Something close to that)
Posted by Jebediah-Kerman 3 years ago
Jebediah-Kerman
This is an interesting debate.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
sahib19NzrsaaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF