cobewilliams
Lil_bit

God and Jesus is real

Lil_bit

cobewilliams

Pro

God is real can tell because he saved me a lot of times he kept my dad in the world during a tragic time when he slept walked out of a window and fell onto a cement ground. Not really anybody could survive that.That night I prayed and asked God why he saved my dad.He didn't exactly tell me until I slept.He said that my dad was what I loved most.Of course he was right.He continued and said that I needed him in this world.Which is too true.Also,why would there be a BIBLE if he wasn't true.Where do miracles come from.How come 32.5% of the world believe in him and Jesus.(If you do think its alot,go to www.ageofthesage.org/mysticism/world_religionspopulations.html)Also,how can one book be so right 100% of the time about the world we live in.It all falls down to 1 decision.The Holy Trinity(Father,Son,and Holy Spirit).Also,if there is and opposite to everything,wouldn't the be an opposite to Satan.Dark vs. Light,Wrong vs. Right.Good vs. Evil.There only one man to fill the hole,Jesus.The only reason God does devestating things to certain people is to test your Strength mentally not physcially and to give you more wisdom.Good luck to the opponent.Sorry its just 1 round because as 11 years old I can't stay home.
Lil_bit

Con

I chose to do this because my thoughts are exactly the same as the Pro's. But I thought it would be fun to play devil's advocate. So here we go.

Thank you to my opponent for offering an interesting topic. To start, let's look at my opponents first sentence. "God is real can tell because he saved me a lot of times he kept my dad in the world during a tragic time when he slept walked out of a window and fell onto a cement ground." Aside from the many grammatical errors here, this argument is extremely weak. Due to the fact that this is Pro's first statement and he/she says "God is real can tell because.." then that must mean this is the main reason God is real. However, just because you've had one instance in which a miracle happen, that does not mean God is real. Perhaps the real cause of Pro's father being alive is the fact that he fell just right and it is more of a medical miracle then anything else. My opponent goes on to say God is real because he spoke to him in his sleep. Well, I've almost been eaten by a 3-headed dragon in my dreams. Does that make them real? Of course not.

Pro goes on to bring up the Bible. Well, to answer my opponents question, there is a bible for the same reason there is a Twilight series. Someone wrote them. Perhaps in a dark time, a few wise old men got together and decided their people needed some hope, so they came up with a fictional character to help them.

Pro also ask's why do miracle's happen? Well, as I stated earlier, there are miracles. But they aren't necessarily God's doing. If a baby is born against all odds, it's a medical miracle. If you see a shooting star when you're having a bad day, you got lucky enough to witness SCIENCE. Miracles do not mean God.

Pro asks why 32.5% of people believe in him. And that's easy. We want hope. We want a higher being backing us up and telling us everything will be okay.

My opponent goes on to say there's an opposite to everything so there needs to be an opposite to Satan. Well, as the Con, I'm saying God isn't real. So it'd only be logical for me to assume if there is no God, there is no Satan.

In conclusion, there is an explanation for everything. God is simply a figure created many many years ago to give people hope.

Thank you to my opponent and anyone who takes the time to read this and vote. :)
Posted by devient.genie 1 year ago
devient.genie
Religion is just a complicated and illogical way of getting answers to life and a weak way of expressing your feelings. Especially thoughts of "Im scared of death" "we all need to earn points for an afterlife and pay absoulutely no attention to the evidence that science has accumulated up until now in the 21st century, admonish any and all new discoveries which literally happen daily, they mean nothing. I dont care if science is responsible for curing diseases and new strains of the flu that EVOLVE from previous strains, Im not ever going to trust people that are extremely intelligent about science because the quran or bible has science in it. Not only am I going to admonish and belittle the impact of science, Im going to make a lot of noise and infect our government with doctrine which in turn denies rights to others based on ancient dogma, and commit this bigotry while hiding behind a shield of humility called religion. Grow up already, check out Sceience Daily dot com and learn real truth :)
Posted by likespeace 1 year ago
likespeace
Giraffe, while 5 out of 6 voters agree with Pro, only 2 out of 6 voters felt Pro won the debate. Points are awarded for who won. This imaginary debate might clarify things--

Debate Resolution: Does 1 + 1 = 2?
Pro: I like footballs and superman.
Con: I have a pile of sand on the right and a pile of sand on the left. I put them together and what do I have? A pile of sand! Clearly, 1+1=1.

Who did I agree with before the debate? Pro.
Who did I agree with after the debate? Pro.
Who had the most convincing argument? Con
Posted by giraffelover 1 year ago
giraffelover
I have a big question. How did Pro get 5 of the 6 votes and STILL LOSE?! Percentage wise, that's like if Mitt Romney convinced over 40 of the states to vote for him, but Barrack Obama STILL got voted into office.
Posted by devient.genie 1 year ago
devient.genie
Not easily angered? Ready for a flood anyone? :)

It keeps no records of wrongs? Great, nobody is going to hell, there are no records :)

It does not envy? That pansy is admittedly jealous :)

The preceeding exposure of fraud is brought to you by our faithful sponsors, CHECK and MATE :)
Posted by devient.genie 1 year ago
devient.genie
Words religious people misuse:

1) STUDY--What most christians call bible study is actually bible worship :)

2) MORALITY--Morality is the act of doing what causes the least amount of harm to others. christians say that morality is dictated by god but the act of doing what one demands is submission NOT morality :)

3) ADULTERY--jesus saus that lust is adultery in Matthew 5:28. The word adultery means having sex with a person while being married or with someone who is married to another. The word lust means to have sexual desires. Having the desire to do something is Not the same as doing something :)

4) TRUTH--Truth is the conformity with fact or reality. Truth is dictated by supporting evidence, not mere claims. Simply claiming that something or someone is the "truth" is a misuse of the word :)

5) FREEWILL--What christians commonly call "freewill" is actually just "will". In the holy binky god only gave us the ability to choose what we want to do (will) but not the freedom to act upon those choices. As it is told, we are required to do what the pansy (god) commands or we could be subject to an eternity of torment :)

6) LOVE--Love is an intense affection for someone or something. Calling the pansy (god) "love", does Not mean his actions automatically fit such a definition. Just as calling a pig an "airplane", does not mean it suddenly can fly. The pansy doesnt even fit the definition of love given by paul in 1Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Not easily angered? Ready
Posted by Lil_bit 1 year ago
Lil_bit
Thank you kevinsthoughts for being reasonable and understanding the point of debate. If only more people thought like you. It's not all about your beliefs, it's about who had the best arguments.
Posted by kevinsthoughts 1 year ago
kevinsthoughts
I'm partially religious, I have my beliefs and doubts but regarding the debate Lil_Bit was more convincing. Of course, this is fully based on the debate, ignoring my faith and the fact that pro was 11. Mostly, interested in how pro would prove his points against con. Would've been a very interesting and heated debate for sure.
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
cobewilliams: "Satan is the Devil and you'd be taking his advocate therefore you DO think the Devil is real and since there is an opposite to everything God is the opposite to Satan."

Playing devil's advocate is a metaphor. It means that you pretend to have a point of view that you don't actually have. For example, if I honestly thought abortion was wrong, but I wanted to defend the view that abortion was not wrong, I'd be playing devil's advocate.
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
cobewilliams: "there is an opposite of bookshelf"

Well, don't leave us in suspense. Tell us what it is!
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
tennis47: "I believe in God. Do I have to say more?"

Yes, you do!
Vote Placed by BrianCBiggs 1 year ago
BrianCBiggs
cobewilliamsLil_bitTied
Reasons for voting decision: .
Vote Placed by Eve13 1 year ago
Eve13
cobewilliamsLil_bitTied
Reasons for voting decision: cobewilliams, is much as I agree with you, personal stories aren't really sound evidence for a debate. :(
Vote Placed by tennis47 1 year ago
tennis47
cobewilliamsLil_bitTied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe in God. Do I have to say more?
Vote Placed by hghppjfan 1 year ago
hghppjfan
cobewilliamsLil_bitTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was a great debater, he just needed the sources
Vote Placed by likespeace 1 year ago
likespeace
cobewilliamsLil_bitTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lil_Bit poked holes in each of cobewilliams' points. For example, "if there is and opposite to everything,wouldn't the be an opposite to Satan." Your logic pre-supposes that (1) Satan exists and that (2) There is an opposite to everything. Lil_bit pointed out there is no evidence for your first premise and many disagree. I would've additionally asked you to tell me the opposite of "Bookshelf"! Lil_bit also made fewer spelling & grammar mistakes.
Vote Placed by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
cobewilliamsLil_bitTied
Reasons for voting decision: If there had been a humor category, it would've gone to Lil_bit for her three-headed dragon dream. Spelling and grammar obviously go to Lil_bit, but considering cobewilliam's age, I'm confident that he will make some improvements over the next few years. Arguments go to Lil_bit because she easily showed the many weaknesses in cobewilliams' arguments.
Research this debate: Seattle