God and the bible

I love God with all my heart and I want to do a debate to defend him!!!

Okay, he doesn't exist. Defend away.

There is a lot of evidence that shows proof of God and the bible. First off Noah's ark was found in the valley of the mountain they landed on. They pulled up beams , rope, and rock used to build the boat. Scientists even tested the wood and it turn out to be gofer wood, the wood used to build the boat. Scientists also have found fossils in the places where they should be if there was a huge flood. Many country's such as china, and India have stories about a flood that covered the earth and only a man and his family with animals survived in a big boat. So if there are so many stories about a flood then there probably was a flood!!!

First off, I'd like to point out that you're arguing for the existence of a great flood, not the existence of God. But that's fine, we'll argue that.

There are so many stories about Santa Claus, vampires, alien invaders. That doesn't make them real, it just makes them popular. I'm not familiar with the Indian and Chinese cultural stories you are referring to, but it wouldn't be too hard to imagine how people afflicted by monsoon's and devastating floods could make up a story about a great flood.

Nobody has found any fossils to indicate a great flood. If there is such evidence, you really should cite your sources. In fact, it's quite the opposite. As Bill Nye pointed out in his debate with Ken Ham, There has been no kangaroo remnants/fossils found anywhere outside of Australia. If all animals in the entire globe were to emerge from a single vessel after a flood, there would be huge swathes of evidence of their migrations to their current positions. Not to mention, if there was something as apocalyptic as a worldwide flood, destroying all terrestrial life on earth save for that on a single boat, there would be clear markings in Earth's sediment. Nearly all plant life would be under salt-water for at least a half a year and die out, yet we have a wide variety of plants today.

Also, I really wish you would've cited your claim that Noah's ark has been found because there are many such claims, and none have been substantiated. One such example turned out to be a natural rock structure [1]. Also, skeptics have demonstrated how eager some creationists are to accept false evidence, such as the case with George Jammal playing the center role in a documentary by David Balsiger on discovering the ark [2].

There is no reliable evidence of a flood covering the whole globe, and if there was it'd be obvious. There might be stories about the flood, but that's all they are: stories.

Kalemac01 forfeited this round.

Well, my opponent claimed that he/she loved God and was willing to defend him. Obviously that proves not to be the case.
Posted by Jackthemarine86 2 years ago
Sounds like a set-up, if you ask me. This has to be the worst argument I have ever heard for a Creator.
Posted by DarkChiyoko 2 years ago
Why defend God? You are challenging someone to go against him. You want someone to be against him. This is odd. God needs not to be defended. Those who goes against him will perish in their disbelief and regrets. It is their choice. So why defend the all powerful? It is like a child defending Chuck Norris. There is no need for such. Now if someone challenged you to this debate I would understand.
Posted by karma-no-drama 2 years ago
We all have our own idea of what God is about...state your case!
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
...defend *Her* :^)
Posted by oldman1990 2 years ago
What exactly is your rules for this debate and what is it exactly is your hope for the outcome?
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: As Con pointed out, none of Pro's claims were substantiated, thus Pro failed to fulfill his/her burden of proof, which is sufficient enough for a loss. Conduct to Con for Pro's forfeit. Sources to Con for being the only debater to use sources. I should mention that Con exhibited one of the few times I've seen a blog cited effectively, so well done to him in that regard.