kgarcia18
Ozzyhead

God created Man or Evolution?

kgarcia18

Pro

I cannot count how many times I was told or read the statement from the first book Genesis in the bible that says, "And God created man to his own image." It wasn"t until now, being a young adult that I realized how much more there was to this belief. As I did research, I came to find out that there was another side to this belief of mine, which caused a dispute that has been debated for many years and is still talked about today. Darwin was a man who viewed the origin of man a different way. He came up with this thinking of natural selection in which he believed that organisms change over time because of changes in the environment. He, along with other biologists, began to look at possibilities where humans could have evolved from some animal form and specifically that animal being a type of monkey. After reading through many of his research and experiments, I came to understand that many human characteristics including human bones and face structure are like that of monkeys or apes. A quote from his book called The Descent of Man that didn"t convince me that humans could"ve evolved from some animal form was when he was comparing humans to monkeys and said, "At no period of development do their brains perfectly agree; nor could perfect agreement be expected, for otherwise their mental powers would have been the same." This made me think that humans could really be compared to any animal and there would be a comparison simply because were all mammals, but that shouldn"t draw any conclusions about how we came about on this Earth. I believe that God created man. What are your thoughts?
Ozzyhead

Con

Everything I accept as true is scientifically supported. There is not one thing of this world that I believe in that can not be detected by at least one of our many senses (we have well over 5 senses). God cannot be detected, and therefore we cannot positively claim that a God created something without showing that a God exists. Evolution has tangible evidence. We can observe change in an animal over time. We have changed ourselves over time. The average height and weight of a person has changed with in the last couple thousand years. We all joke that Napoleon was short, but actually Napoleon was taller than the average height of his time. Jesus was probably about 4'7". We have CHANGED over time. Not only do the fossil records show that we have similar physical structure as our primitive ancestors, but our DNA records will show that our DNA is 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. We evolved from an ancestor similar to a chimpanzee (no, we did not evolve from chimpanzees, we have a common ancestor). Certain traits such as goosebumps are useless to us now, but they weren't in the past. Notice that little white/clear spot in the corner of your eye? That goes way back. It used to be an eye lid layer, but it went away over time do to in uselessness. And no, it's purpose is not for that collection of crust in the corner of your that you pick away when you wake up
kgarcia18

Pro

kgarcia18 forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Well this was an important round but it's been forfeited by my opponent
kgarcia18

Pro

kgarcia18 forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Please vote for the one who did not forfeit
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
Then this is best for a forum post. Go to the forum an ask everything you want.
If you are sure about something, but you know the topic is controversial, you can debate it here.
For example, you are asking about opinions, maybe you are not sure, or maybe you just want to know other people's opinions, that's cool, go to the forum and ask in the science forum or the religion forum.

If you are sure that for example God created humans, then you can debate it here and see another debater that disagree with you. You will show arguments and evidence for your side, etc, etc.
Posted by kgarcia18 3 years ago
kgarcia18
Yes, I am asking more for opinions.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
For some reason I can't see this debate in the list of the site. I can access it only from my profile because i commented on it
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
Are you sure you want to debate this? This looked more suitable for a forum post.
If you are ready to defend your position, that's fine, but the resolution is not clear. It looks like you are asking for opinions.