jcballo42
Rockpoole

God created humans in their present day form.

jcballo42

Con

I will be arguing that humans were NOT created in their present form but rather through the process of biological evolution with absolutely no influence from a god or deity. The opponent will argue that God created humans in the form of Adam and Eve, and that the biblical creation story is literal fact.
Rockpoole

Pro

I'm arguing that god made the world and all it's animals and the humans. There is written proof that was given to us by the lord. Humans were created in there present day form by god in the garden. Adam and eve were the first two humans and we all descended from them.
jcballo42

Con

What you have just composed is a fallacy of appealing to authority." Because the bible says so," is in no way proof. If that is all the logic you need for proof. Then here is some written proof: You are wrong. It has been written. So would you agree that you're wrong ? The proof is written just two sentences back. And God told me I was right and you were wrong when he revealed himself to me after searching in prayer. Does this make it so? God told me he did not create humans and that he lied to you guys to test your faith. He told me to come fill you guys is. But you should believe me because this might be another test. I'll give you an example of a similar way one might argue:

Jesus could walk on water > I can walk on people > people are 70% water = therefore I am 70% Jesus.

We have fossils of human ancestors and the transition from the common ancestor we had with apes. God creating Adam and Eve leaves absolutely no way to populate the earth without incest. In Genesis, bats are included with birds in the creation story. If you missed the importance of that, bats are mammals. Humans have an appendix but no function for it. Ostriches have wings but yet cannot fly. A mistake by God? Moles have eyes, yet are blind. Another mistake? Snakes have tiny legs that they don't need. Another mistake? Whales have remnants of hip bones they no longer need. The bone is actually suspended in the whale's tissue. God just put that there for laughs? If God created all life on earth, he could have used a trainer. If God created us, then how can we create life without him? Scientists can grow a human heart. It has been done. They cannot grow a soul however, because no such thing has been proven (scientifically) to exist. So God created every part of the body tangible except for the intangible soul?
Rockpoole

Pro

Okay you win i give up i can't beat that and you asked me to give in anyway.
jcballo42

Con

jcballo42 forfeited this round.
Rockpoole

Pro

Rockpoole forfeited this round.
jcballo42

Con

jcballo42 forfeited this round.
Rockpoole

Pro

Rockpoole forfeited this round.
Posted by rextr05 2 years ago
rextr05
Rockpoole, Methinks you planned to give in from the start & very cheap of you to do so. If you had any sense of belief in what you said in your acceptance of this debate, your verbiage would have been different. Any person that is knowledgeable enough to take on this challenge would have capitalized 'Lord' & 'God.' You did not showing your biased colors. Maybe you think you have proved your point as an antagonist of creationism, but you have only shamed yourself as a debater.
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
Fossil Record proves nothing. It only proves Ape and Human like creatures lived and died. Deformed prehaps, normal Apes...

DNA proves that Man came from Dirt.