wolf24
InnovativeEphemera

God created the universe

InnovativeEphemera

wolf24

Pro

I am taking the stance that God created the universe.

Good luck!
InnovativeEphemera

Con

Thank you for the challenge. I accept.
wolf24

Pro

wolf24 forfeited this round.
InnovativeEphemera

Con

Apologies to those who were expecting an interesting debate. Upon investigation, it turns out Wolf has a habit of starting debtes he refuses to participate in. Perhaps he's bitten off more than he can chew.

The BoP obviously rests with my opponent but for the sake of adding flavour I'll make some poorly hashed-out argument steeped in brevity and we'll see what Pro does with it.

God didn't create the universe because he didn't need to. It would have existed with or without his intervention. Given that an omniscient and omnipresent god would know that the universe would come into existence anyway, surely he wouldn't waste his time doing stuff like creating something which is already there, when he has more important things to do like killing millions of children every day and not curing AIDS, cancer, world starvation, the dozens of atrocious military conflicts currently being waged in places like the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe. Maybe he's too busy working on his new universe project right now.

Anyway, that was just a bit of playing around, I haven't anything to demonstrate. Please provide an argument.
wolf24

Pro

wolf24 forfeited this round.
InnovativeEphemera

Con

I find it curious how strongly Christians believe these things, but I have yet to hear any cogent argument in defence of the proposition from anyone. Did you start the debate then realise you bit off more than you could chew? Is it not possible to defend your position?

I submit that my opponent concedes that god did not create the universe.
wolf24

Pro

wolf24 forfeited this round.
InnovativeEphemera

Con

The matter is resolved in the negative.
Posted by InnovativeEphemera 2 years ago
InnovativeEphemera
How could he not exist in his soul or body? He's omnipresent, right?
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Sagey.One thing I am certain of. He does not exist in your spirit, soul, nor body. And if that does not change, regret will be the least of your problems.
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
Automatic point conduct for con.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
No Bodie, I'm demonstrating the Bible and it's God is Nonsense.

You don't want to believe that, Fine!

But, it can only be the Truth.
Regardless of what you believe.

The Bible God cannot possibly exist, inside nor outside of time.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Sagey: You are a master at saying a lot of words without saying anything.
InnovativeEphemera
Wolf, we gonna debate or what?
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
But, God was thinking and thinking takes time, so God must be in Time, as God could not think about creating a universe without being in Time. Or was God's thoughts in timeless time?
There is a paradox there somewhere?

Every thought and decision involves time, so without time a decision could not be made.
Thus God could not have thought about creating the universe.

Another paradox is if God is omniscient (knows the past and future of all there is to know, then the universe already existed, as God knew it would exist and knew of the flood and everything to come before the Universe was created.
So essentially the Universe always existed as God always knew it always existed.
If not, God could not be omniscient.
Posted by wolf24 2 years ago
wolf24
Answering jbrou20's question "for what created god?" this is the answer: God is a timeless being beyond space and time. God did not have a beginning.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
And if anyone would take a magnifying glass at any ones life you would see that The words that they have in abundance in their hearts is the exact picture of their life. People that are always sick speak sickness and walk in fear.People in poverty, all you hear is poor mouth.People that are always in strife are always speaking contentious words. It was uncanny when I first started to observe this how a persons words mirrors their environment.

I had a person say to me once. " I am a professor of some college in PA.This is 2008. We have become more intelligent than that. You will never catch me talking to things." Then a few days later he went out to get in his car. It would not start.I heard him say, " You worthless piece of junk, every time I get in you you won't start? And he thinks he is normal.
Posted by jbrou20 2 years ago
jbrou20
It is obsurd that god created the universe for what created god. If god has no creater then why do we
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
wolf24InnovativeEphemeraTied
Reasons for voting decision: How unfortunate that Pro decided to waste Con's time. Conduct for the forfeits, arguments for the complete lack of case from Pro.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
wolf24InnovativeEphemeraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture