Verithenes
alan13510

God created the world 7000 years ago

alan13510 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Verithenes

Con

My main goal here is to disprove the myth that god created the world, and us, 7000 years ago and the myth that there is a god at all. First round is just acceptance. I challenge whoever accepts to actually find credible evidence that proves that God is real and he created us.
alan13510

Pro

You cannot use statistics from today to judge the world as it was thousands of years ago. First off, Atheists and agnostics will say everything happened within millions of years. God can do something in an instant. The grand Canyon supposedly took millions of years, but a canyon half the size of the grand canyon was formed in 3 hours by Mt. St. Helen. A river in Tennessee was formed in half an hour after an earthquake. Atheists rely on man's word. Throughout history, Man has believed: Drilling holes in peoples' heads can relive headaches, the Earth was flat, Pluto was a planet, the universe revolved around the earth, and that we all were formed by clay. God's word is strong and shall never be broken. We humans think we are so high and mighty, but we are nothing! We are flecks on the earth, which is a speck to the sun which is a speck to Arcturus which is a speck to Betelgeuse, which is 2,127,774,087,928,000 times bigger than the earth. We are Nothing. WE will solve Nothing. Put your faith in God instead of figuring things out, because there are SO many things smarter and more capable of us.
Verithenes

Con

Okay, I completely get what you're saying in that we are specks on an infinite plain and things can happen in an instant. But you still continue to talk about God like he is the answer to everything and that he exists. Again, give me credible proof that God exists and then maybe, I'll take your argument into consideration. The whole reason that we have a God is because humans had to come up with a way to explain natural occurrences. You talk about how God can do something in an instant and that would be a great argument, if you could prove that God exists. Back then, people had to explain something or why they did something and so they said, hey man, God told me to do that. They used God as an excuse. God can't be proven or disproven but what can definitely be disproven is the notion that God created the world 7000 years ago. There are so many theories that disprove this and you cannot prove it. If you said that, you'd have to tell why we have found dinosaur bones and other ancient creatures that died millions of years ago. We have real proof that people and other animals existed long before you say that God created the world. You also say that we should just put faith in God and not figure things out but how does that make any sense? Why would you put faith into something that you don't know even exists and cease figuring things out? Is it because that you don't want to find anything that'll disprove God? We are here because of evolution. Everything comes from something else. Conservation of mass. We came from primates who came from simpler beings before them. You need to read real scientific articles written by scientists with degrees instead of listening to pastors and priests who read from a book that man wrote with no fact at all. Here are two right here:

https://www.scientificamerican.com...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Unless God comes down from wherever he's at and walks up to me and convinces me otherwise, I will continue to believe what man says and proves.
Posted by Verithenes 1 year ago
Verithenes
Lol, 1 hour left
Posted by 3RU7AL 1 year ago
3RU7AL
Some may say, "God can't be proven or disproven".

I would disagree with this.

For instance, one could prove that an Omniscient, Omnipotent Benevolent (OOB) being is a logical contradiction. Someone might be able to make a case for any combination of 2 out of the 3 specified attributes, but you absolutely can not have all 3.

Any particular god can easily be disproved when checked for coherence.

When an intelligent theist is confronted with logic, they will often retreat to a more defensible deistic position.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Dinos have been around "a bit" longer. So has oil. But think it is great, (and disturbing), to see how theist are going insane...For nothing..
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Alan, as Verithenes said in the first round, "first round is just acceptance."

I recommend that you actually read what he has to say before making your argument.
Posted by Iacov 1 year ago
Iacov
So alan13510 may I ask which god you are referring to.
Posted by Lordofstars12 1 year ago
Lordofstars12
Im with alan13510
Posted by Sovcody2 1 year ago
Sovcody2
Try pouring water on a beach that has any sort of an angle...