Wenprada
Ockham

God does exist.

Wenprada

Pro

Billions around the world doubt and question God's existence. I would love to debate anyone who accepts.
Ockham

Con

I accept, I will be arguing against the claim that God exists.
Wenprada

Pro

I'm sorry. But I'm a Christian just like you. I'm trying to debate with an atheist or someone who questions the forces of God. sorry for the misunderstanding.
Ockham

Con

I'm an atheist, go ahead.
Wenprada

Pro

Well thanks for accepting my debate.

Alright, In order of something to be created, you will need a creator. What scientists says as they're theory, is that the universe was created because of "The Big Bang Theory".

The Big Bang: The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution. The model accounts for the fact that the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state, and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale structure and Hubble's Law. If the known laws of physics are extrapolated beyond where they have been verified, there is a singularity. Some estimates place this moment at approximately 13.8 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe. After the initial expansion, the universe cooled sufficiently to allow the formation of subatomic particles, and later simple atoms. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies.

Now what Scientists don't know is what triggered the "Big Bang". This can lead to prove in God's existence.
Ockham

Con

This is assuming that the Big Bang theory is true, which we don't actually know. It's a tenable theory accepted by a large number of scientists, but some cosmologists support other theories of how the universe began.

For example, this link quotes a letter from 33 scientists arguing against the Big Bang theory. For example, it argues that the Big Bang theory is unsupported by any quantitative predictions:

"What is more, the big bang theory can boast of no quantitative predictions that have subsequently been validated by observation. The successes claimed by the theory's supporters consist of its ability to retrospectively fit observations with a steadily increasing array of adjustable parameters, just as the old Earth-centred cosmology of Ptolemy needed layer upon layer of epicycles."

Source: http://rense.com...

But let's assume that the Big Bang theory is true. How is that evidence for the existence of God? Just because we don't know why there was a rapid expansion of matter 13.8 billion years ago doesn't logically imply that God exists - that would be the fallacy of arguing from ignorance.

"Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance represents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that: there may have been an insufficient investigation, and therefore there is insufficient information to prove the proposition be either true or false."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org...

In other words, the most plausible conclusion is that we just don't know what caused the Big Bang, not that God exists.
Wenprada

Pro

Well, this would bring my back to my introduction. The universe had to still be created at some point. It is very close to impossible for something to be created without a creator.

On other issues, many individuals say if there is a God, why is there poverty, wars, hate, and etc. I believe things like this happen because we owe a debt to God. For example, when someone loans you money, they expect you to pay them back at some point. This is why there's absence of good, love, and happiness.

Einstein's Professor, once said that God created evil and he doesn't exist. Einstein quickly replied and said "Cold doesn't exist because it's an energy that lacks heat." "Darkness doesn't exist because it's just an absence of light."

Source: http://www.snopes.com...

Since this is the last round, as my very first debate, I'd like to give thanks to segregory for accepting my debate and for a great debate. I will forfeit Round 5 because it's an extra round that I accidentally put down.

Good Luck in future debates segregory!
Ockham

Con

You assert that something cannot be created without a creator, but this is simply question begging when applied to the universe, since we don't know that the universe had a creator. It is true that everything that begins to exist has a cause, but the cause need not be a conscious creator.

Also, you have not addressed my objections to the Big Bang theory in my previous post, so the whole issue may be moot. If the Big Bang theory is not established, its theological implications are irrelevant.

Overall, I would say that Pro has not met their burden of proof for God's existence, so by the burden of proof principle we should reject the claim that God exists. Vote Con.
Posted by CaptainScarlet 6 months ago
CaptainScarlet
God does not exist and the origins of the universe do nothing to demonstrate a god. You are arguing from ignorance. Time came into existence with the big bang, ergo there was no time in which the universe did not exist. No time is no time, and you cannot insert a temporal effect such as causality (a god causing a universe) into a non-temporal situation 'prior' to the big bang. Just because you lack the physics or mathematical skills to ponder purely natural processes, does not mean that the universe was summoned into existence quite literally by magic. It appears like you are arguing incredulously that 'god did it', as some kind of understandable short-cut to the origins of the universe, when it just ain't that easy.
Posted by segregory 6 months ago
segregory
God does exist people, answer this question do u really think that the universe just makes itself? There was a seed and that was god. People then say who created god? Try to argue that.
Posted by Wenprada 6 months ago
Wenprada
Round 1: Introduction

Round 2: Arguments

Round 3: Rebuttals

Round 4: Conclusions

Round 5: Ignore R5. Accidentally added an extra round

Good Luck!