JeanneTheGreat
Adam_Godzilla

God does not "exist".

Adam_Godzilla
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

JeanneTheGreat

Con

I'm challenging non-believers especially atheist to prove to me that "God does not exist."
Adam_Godzilla

Pro

1. I will not 'prove' anything. I have no obligations to do so, for such a thing is impossible. So I decline your challenge, instead I will challenge you something else. I will debate against you and ARGUE that God does not exist and I challenge you to do the opposite and argue that he DOES exist. Then this debate can finally be a fair debate, with at least a decent chance for either of us to win.

2. I am not an atheist but oh well, I will debate this topic as a semi agnostic, semi atheistic, semi solipsistic free thinking spiritual believer.

3. I find debates like "God exists" and "life is intelligently design" to be quite overdone and getting old. But I will however give this debate an exception and please for the love of mother nature do NOT get this debate on the front page. We already have enough creationist debates as it is.

4. I will assume this to be an acceptance round and that we will be arguing about the existence of the BIBLICAL god. Please do begin in the next round.
JeanneTheGreat

Con

JeanneTheGreat forfeited this round.
Adam_Godzilla

Pro

My opponent has forfeited. She even made the max. argument length to only 1000 characters. Oh well.

My initial arguments for the non-existence of god was based on the epicurean paradox.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

- http://en.wikipedia.org...

And this show's how the bible's depiction of god is impossible. An omnipotent and omni-benevolent god cannot exist. Therefore, the biblical god does not exist.

But you can always say god was not willing but able to prevent evil because he wished to give his creation free will. But the contradiction is that he sends those who sin to hell. This is major contradiction as trapping a person in any confinement robs the free will of that person.

So the paradox still stands as valid. The biblical god is paradoxical and cannot exist.
JeanneTheGreat

Con

JeanneTheGreat forfeited this round.
Adam_Godzilla

Pro

Extend arguments
JeanneTheGreat

Con

JeanneTheGreat forfeited this round.
Adam_Godzilla

Pro

Con forfeits. Extend arguments.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
agreed
Posted by Wolf_Fang 3 years ago
Wolf_Fang
One cannot make a statement and expect another to disprove it for them. That isnt how the world works. You do not see scientists going "I discovered the cure for lung cancer... but I don't have any proof. You'll have to disprove me and until then, my discovery is sound." No. It doesn't work like that. If you possessed any intellectual understanding of the art of debate and reason, you would know that a statement requires evidence! Obviously you have not thought about it long enough to conclude this.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
My opponent's account has been closed. Sorry to disappoint, everybody. You can go home, shows over.
Posted by AlexanderOc 3 years ago
AlexanderOc
If you want to know how to disprove God, just go ask Envisage. He's done it a few times.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Actually, there is a way. It wont disprove god but may make the biblical god an impossible concept
Posted by SpiffyTexan 3 years ago
SpiffyTexan
This looks interesting. Definitely gonna be watching. Not meaning to help con out or anything, but there is no way you can disprove God. Because we know that in our finite world, we do not have the power to create matter or life, hence, if anything like this happened, (ie our world), then it must have been created by a being that has powers beyond this world. IMHO
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
You cant. Not conveniently anyway. The best way is to bookmark this page.
Posted by D0ct0rT 3 years ago
D0ct0rT
New to me. I'm interested in watching. I figured if I comment then I can go straight to the debate and don't know how to tag it/follow reminders debates.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Haha, thank you very much. If there are no rules established in the first round by the Instigator then the contender is obviously able to form or bend the rules.
Posted by KhalifV 3 years ago
KhalifV
Depending on what god you're talking about, I could have won. The Abrahamic god definitely does not exist.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
JeanneTheGreatAdam_Godzilla
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Ff