tbhidc
Pokemonzr

God does not exist

tbhidc

tbhidc

Pro

R1 is for acceptance.
Pokemonzr

Con

I accept and hope for a great debate on quite an interesting and difficult-to-debate topic. Good luck pro!
tbhidc

Pro

By God, I mean an all good, all powerful, and all knowing being.

First of all, I would like to fly. If I could fly like superman, I could do lots of good to save the world. Imagine if this was me:

Now as you can see, I'd be very hand some and strong and would be able to fly and wear a cup.

However, an all-knowing God would know this.

And an all good-God would want to do this for me.

And an all powerful God could do this for me.

So if God exists, I am superman. But I'm not. So God doesn't exist.

I will also point out that since there is no need for a God, we shouldn't believe a God exists. Which means there is no God. Which is the end of the story.

All that exists is physical matter. No superman. No fairies. Nothing. Just physical matter. The sooner everyone realizes this, the better, because otherwise everyone will make me wish I was superman and that God did exist.

QED
Pokemonzr

Con

My opponent has defined God as "an all good, all powerful, and all knowing being". I don't disagree with this, however his main argument is invalid, which will be explained in my refutation.

Refutations to Arguments:
1. My esteemed colleague stated that if there was a God, he would care enough to make him fly like Superman, to make him handsome and strong, and to be able to wear a cup. I disagree. First of all, let me state that my opponent already has the ability to wear a cup, so this part should be discounted. Secondly, he provides three illogical reasons that there is a god inside of this argument, that an omniscient God would know this, which I agree with. If He is omniscient, he would know this, however I do not agree with the next part"an all good God would do this for him. Because, why would God care about my opponent? Why would he turn him into Superman? This proves nothing on the matter of there being or not being a God Also, an all good God might not want to turn him into Superman, because it could have negative effects, making his all good be littered with bad. Thirdly, he says that an all powerful God could do this for him, and yes, if He is all powerful, He possesses the power to do this, but as I have explained, there are plenty of reasons why God will not turn my opponent into Superman. Therefore, my opponent's argument proves nothing about the existence of God.

2. Secondly, my opponent states that there is no need for a God, but there is a need for an all good, all powerful, all knowing God. Some needs for him are creation of the universe, creation of animals that in turn involve into human beings (us), and creation of the Earth that is the home we live on. Also, billions of people who believe in God need that belief to be good people and to not be worried about death, because they are sure they shall have an eternal life. Therefore, I disagree.

I don't have time right now to make new arguments, so the refutations should be enough for now. Arguments will be presented by myself in the next round if possible.
tbhidc

Pro

My opponnet objects and says that an all-Good God wouldn't make me Superman. Yes, he would. Why? Because being superman would be awesome. Being morally perfect would be awesome. Being strong would be awesome. A really good God would do really good things. SO he would make ME really good.. aka superman. Otherwise he wouldn't be a good God. At least by my definition.

No, there's no need for God. Evolution explains life. The big bang explains the physical world. Why add God int here? It's just pointless.

In addition to this, we can see that if God existed, there wouldn't be gratuious suffering. But any guy who's gotten kicked in the balls knows that gratuious suffering exists.

So if God were all good, and made the world and us as my opponent claims, we would have a built in steel cup. Men would I mean. But we don't. So I ask my opponent: Whats the point of getting kicked int he balls? Why does God have to allow this to happen? Wasn't abortion and people who eat animals enough? Why do we also have to get kicked in the balls?

My opponent doesn't have the burden. I do. I've shown God doen't exist.

Furthermore, if God exists and created everyone, why did he make so many sexy women? The only answer could be that because God is horny. But if he were horny, he wouldn't be all-good.

QED
Pokemonzr

Con

Pokemonzr forfeited this round.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
I think there is a tainted view of what people want God to be and who God really is! You first have to understand that God created the world in perfection, he did not need to forgive because there was no sin. However, he allowed us to have free choice and unfortunately people choose things that are wrong (sin). Because of sin it allowed things to happen such as pain, hurt, suffering..........

Also, if he just forgave everyone why would he just not make everything perfect and keep it that way. (Ultimately, robots who had no free choice but to do good).

You can not be superman because you would eventually abuse the power for your benefit and not that of other. For instance, if you are mad at someone you would probably seek revenge, not everything would be good. Also, by not granting all of our wishes is often times better for use and others even if we do not realize it. Ultimately, you think God should be Genie granting wishes to your betterment at the potential costs of others. Thank the Lord he does not do this!
Posted by Pokemonzr 2 years ago
Pokemonzr
I, too, tbhidc, believe that God does not exist, or question his existence rather, so I am on your side, and being Con was hard on this topic.
Posted by tbhidc 2 years ago
tbhidc
Creation truth?? Seriously? If GOd is so goood why doesnt he just forgive us? ALso, if young earth creationism is true, why would God set up men so that they can get kicked in the testicles, thus producing gratuitous pain?
Posted by creationtruth 2 years ago
creationtruth
By the way, THE really good God has done a really good thing! He has stepped down from heaven and has come in the form of a man to take the sins of the world upon Himself so that, in believing upon Him and what He has done for us upon the cross, we could be with Him in His everlasting Kingdom. What an awesomely good God!

"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us. . ." (1 John 3:16)
Posted by tbhidc 2 years ago
tbhidc
to be honest, i dont care
Posted by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
The thought of tbhidc in skintight spandex makes my skin crawl. The fact that I have yet to be exposed to such an experience may actually be proof enough of God's infinite mercy for me.
Posted by tbhidc 2 years ago
tbhidc
thats ok, dont worry about it...
Posted by Pokemonzr 2 years ago
Pokemonzr
I didn't mean to forfeit, I thought I had until the end of today for round three, and I fully intended to post my refutations. :( well screw my mentally challenged with math brain.
Posted by tbhidc 2 years ago
tbhidc
What????? Come on, don't be a fuddy dud!
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
What....the...mother.....holy... Wtf.
Vote Placed by creationtruth 2 years ago
creationtruth
tbhidcPokemonzrTied
Reasons for voting decision: In round 1, Pro clearly lost, as the existence of God does not necessitate the transforming of anyone into Superman as characterized by the given picture and Pro's description. Conduct goes to Pro for the third round. While Con made fairly good rebuttals, he provided no arguments, but since Pro's arguments were so bad, no points are given to either for their argument (or lack there of).
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
tbhidcPokemonzrTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.