GDNE
Soul.Purge

God does not exist

GDNE

Pro

I believe that God does not exist. I am referring to the god of the Christian bible. I would like con to give me any bit of evidence that God exists.
Soul.Purge

Con

Thats not how it works.
You made a claim and you are 'for' that claim. You are supporting claim that 'God does not exist'. It is up to you to provide information from which it necessary follow that 'God does not exist'.
As someone 'against' this claim, I simply have to show that god might exist.
GDNE

Pro

GDNE forfeited this round.
Soul.Purge

Con

Soul.Purge forfeited this round.
GDNE

Pro

GDNE forfeited this round.
Soul.Purge

Con

Soul.Purge forfeited this round.
GDNE

Pro

GDNE forfeited this round.
Soul.Purge

Con

Soul.Purge forfeited this round.
GDNE

Pro

GDNE forfeited this round.
Soul.Purge

Con

Soul.Purge forfeited this round.
Posted by GDNE 2 years ago
GDNE
Whoops. I meant to say that the first round is acceptance, but I was too lazy to type it in, I guess. Sorry!
Posted by Soul.Purge 2 years ago
Soul.Purge
Both positive and negative claims require 'evidence'. You cant prove that unicorns doesnt exist. You cant prove that big foot doesnt exist and you cant prove that god doesnt exist. Therefore, if you do claim that they do not exist, its up to you to explain how you came to such conclusion. I, as someone against actual claim, only have to show how actual claim is invalid. In this case, if claim is that 'god does not exist' I only have to show how he might. Granted, thats assuming that he will fail to back up his words. If he actually does provide such premise, which leads to conclusion that god does not, in fact, exist, then showing how he might exist will not win me debate. I am positive that he cant prove that god doesnt exist, therefore showing how he might will prove that initial claim (god does not exist) is false
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
Con, Burden of proof is actually on you, as the BoP is always on a positive claim.