God does not exist

Hello, today I am going to be telling you why god doesn't exist. Keep in mind that i do not wish to offend anybody but just simply say what i believe. Ok so lets start this off nice and simple. I am going to number off my points off view of why god is not real

1. Ok, think about this, why are all the religions picture god differently? That's because those religions just simply thought up of other ways to picture god and what he did. Yet, not all religions can be right. If they where then this earth would be the weirdest place ever XD. Think about it, it doesn't make sense..

2. Where is the proof that god exists? For example nobody has ever seen, smelled, or felt god. Some people may claim that god is around you and you have to "feel" him. That's like saying that there is an invisible tiger around and you have to "feel" it to believe that there actually is an invisible tiger around you. But the tiger actually is not there, just like good. And others claim that they can "hear" god calling out to them and telling them what to do. That's just their imagination and their way to falsely believe that god exists.

3. God is just a myth. The only reason that people even believed in god in the first place is that they didn't know how the world worked and thought it as a very wide and mysterious place. They came up with god just because they wanted to believe that they knew everything about the world and how it works.

4. People believe that god is like a saint. He protects the weak and brings justice to the world. He has the power do to many wondrous things and do to countless miracles (not everyone). Yet their are still so many problems with the world. Like hunger, financial problems, habitat loss, global warming, and war. Honestly I could go on and on. Yet why hasn't god solved all of these problems? Some people say that god is right now in the form of humans and saving problems world wide(I repeat I am saying SOME PEOPLE). Yet i thought god was so powerful and mighty that he could solve problems instantly or that he was a master peacemaker? Well? Can you answer that?

Anyways that is about as much as i am going to type for this argument. All i can say is good luck to my opponent. Not trying to be cocky here but GOOD LUCK!

Hello, God does exist and it is show all around us. Will you simply say that all the beautiful nature happened by a bang? Or that a super nova created you and me? Not only does God exist but in the Bible things that God has said will happen have. But just tell me... WHAT is your explanation for our coming to being or for nature or for anything that you see in front of you today, and as for the has anyone seen God well yes there are accounts of it in the Bible but even then you cant see oxygen you cant really feels it but you have faith that's it there and helping you live same thing with God. He has created us and is helping us live. As for the problems we see around us today? well God has allowed this to happen, and you cannot say that man kind as a whole does not deserve this. God in a way is punishing the world because of bad people for example take ICIST, not only have christian scientist seen this but other scientist have too. If you trace back the history of ICIST you will see that not only does it start with Israel but the accounts in the Bible line up perfectly it. Believe it or not the Bible (Gods word) has accounts of things that happened have happened and will happen. But the question i really want to ask you is... Why do you have a problem with there being a God? Some one who can help/protect you. Someone who loves and cares for you. The main reason why people today reject this idea is because they rather be there own god. America was built on the principals of the Bible and when it was we where a great nation and still are but when it was we had to problems. But slowly America has drifted away from this idea and even now are voting to take away "In God We Trust" phrase on our currency, but i'm getting away from the issue. God does exist and if you look around every thing is more complicated than a simple big bang or super nova or what ever you want to believe.

hello again.I believe that i owe you a few explanations to our argument today. Again i will be using numbers to state my points. Here we go

1.Okay, first of all, do you even know how the big bang works? To argue about something you have to know how it works. Also, i want to ask you this. How can god just pop up in the middle of nowhere without a known explanation and suddenly create the universe? That's like saying that 100 bucks could just pop up into your hands right now. It makes no logical sense...

2. The Bible isn't correct and most of the things it has said have never come true at all. Plus only Christians believe in the bible. For example, if you ask a Hindu if the Bible is correct, he will no. He will say no because he thinks that his religion is right. Yet i thought that god was the same? That's not how other religions would picture that. Religions are like a fictional story. Each story has the same concept but in a different way. Yet nobody would believe a fictional story is true because it's well, a fictional story! Plus the fact that all of the fictional stories aren't the same therefore proves even more that god is nothing but a fictional story!

3.I want to comment on what you said about god "punishing us for our crimes." You see it is not "god" that is punishing us. It is our selves. All that is happening, global warming, pollution,murder, have all happened because of we humans. How can god punish us when we are already punishing our selves? Also if god is our creator and he is allowing all of these bad things to happen because of us, then why didn't he make us good people? Why didn't he just make us smarter so we could build more technology to help solve our problems or give us magical powers? Think about it.

4.Also i want to comment on your last sentence of when you say that everything was created from a SIMPLE big bang. You know the concept of "God" is even simpler. A super natural being that controls everything. The idea of that concept is too simple. I also want to ask you this question. Why do YOU believe in god? Was it because of your parents or friends?

5.Lastly i want to comment on the question you gave me about "Why do you have a problem with there being a god?" You see i do not have a problem with there being a god. Actually it would be a bit comforting to know that a super natural, and friendly being is watching over us. I simply just don't believe that that is the case.

Anyways I am done with my round. Hope you have some good stuff to counteract me with. I wish you the best of luck

The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved. The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists: "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. "Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed"" (John 20:29).

That does not mean, however, that there is no evidence of God"s existence. The Bible states, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world" (Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset"all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us, ""He has also set eternity in the hearts of men." Deep within us is the recognition that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God"s presence in us and all around us is still obvious. Despite this, the Bible warns that some will still deny God"s existence: "The fool says in his heart, "There is no God"" (Psalm 14:1). Since the vast majority of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, and on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God, there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.

In addition to the biblical arguments for God"s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument uses the concept of God to prove God"s existence. It begins with the definition of God as "a being than which no greater can be conceived." It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist, then God would not be the greatest conceivable being, and that would contradict the very definition of God.

A second argument is the teleological argument. The teleological argument states that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a divine Designer. For example, if the Earth were significantly closer or farther away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, nearly every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243 (that is a 1 followed by 243 zeros). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.

A third logical argument for God"s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something "un-caused" in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That "un-caused" cause is God.

A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?

Despite all of this, the Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and believe a lie instead. Romans 1:25 declares, "They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator"who is forever praised. Amen." The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities"His eternal power and divine nature"have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

People claim to reject God"s existence because it is "not scientific" or "because there is no proof." The true reason is that once they admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from Him (Romans 3:23, 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable to Him for our actions. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. That is why many of those who deny the existence of God cling strongly to the theory of naturalistic evolution"it gives them an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

How do we know God exists? As Christians, we know God exists because we speak to Him every day. We do not audibly hear Him speaking to us, but we sense His presence, we feel His leading, we know His love, we desire His grace. Things have occurred in our lives that have no possible explanation other than God. God has so miraculously saved us and changed our lives that we cannot help but acknowledge and praise His existence. None of these arguments can persuade anyone who refuses to acknowledge what is already obvious. In the end, God"s existence must be accepted by faith (Hebrews 11:6). Faith in God is not a blind leap into the dark; it is safe step into a well-lit room where the vast majority of people are already standing.

Ok so first of all, I want to say this one thing. The bible isn't crap. You refuse to acknowledge that not everybody who believe in god thinks the Bible is right. You only think the Bible is right because Christian. You continue to dismiss the fact that everybody has their own religion and that means that not everybody listens to the stupid Bible. Anyways i just wanted to get that straight. You know the drill. 3,2,1, GO!

1. I want to comment on what you said on the very first comment. God cannot be proved or disproved. You know since god cannot be proved that means that he CAN be disproved. It's logical thinking. Also I want to comment on this, when you said if god desired so he would show himself to the world. Yet, there are so many people who don't believe in him. Wouldn't God want to prove them wrong? All living things feel the same basic emotions. Anger, Sadness,Happiness, and Fear. Since God would obviously feel anger towards those who don't believe in him, he would show himself to the world. Yet why hasn't he done this?

2. I want to talk about something, this is about the bible. How do you know that the bible is the truth? It could just simply be a short fictional story that was made by some random person. How do you know the Bible is true?

3. I also want to comment about what you wrote on your last paragraph about how if God didn't exist, then god wouldn't be the greatest conceivable being,and how that would contradict the meaning of god itself. I am going to tell you something that may shock your mine, some of the words that have definitions, aren't actual things in real life! Surprising huh? Okay i'll give you an example. The word Fairy. The basic definition of a fairy is a small being that resembles a human and has magical powers. Yet i'm pretty sure fairies aren't real now are they?

4. Let me get this straight? You think that all of the cells and molecules back then when Earth didn't exist were dumb? They didn't have any intelligence? All living things have intelligence to a certain degree. Also wouldn't you also agree that since the universe is like trillions and trillions of years old, that plenty of accidents and coincidences eventually happened so that our earth today would be here. Do not say that how could coincidences like that could happen when our Earth and space is so complex. Will I suppose when there has been about trillions and trillions of years of time, that EVENTUALLY it will happen. I mean some of our greatest inventions and medicines were made by coincidences our accidents.

5. Okay so I suppose you have a VALID explanation of how something like an "uncause" could happen in reference to the how the universe was created by "god". Every creator was created by a creator. How could a creator just suddenly pop out of nowhere without being created. Actually you want to know who the real creator was, nothing. Nothing is the creator of everything. Think about it. Without nothing, nothing can be created. What you are saying is god created nothing. When nothing was already there the whole time.

6. What you have said in the fourth argument about the sense of right and wrong from god. Why would god want us to have a sense or wrong when he just could have created the world so that there was no wrong from the freaking start. Also ya also know where our sense of right and wrong came from, our brains. Also you wanted to know who created our brains? Evolution.

7. I want to tell you this and stick it into you brain, for something to be true it needs proof. For example you just can't believe that your best friend can lift 200 pounds without proof. Yet if we were to put your judgement of god in this scenario, you would idiotically think that your best friend could easily lift 200 pounds without proof. You would be living in a world of concocted lies.

8. I want you to think of how stupid it is of you to think that people would disprove of gods existence the form of an argument yet that would ultimately prove that in fact they are arguing that god is existent. Well I want to say 2 things. One thing is that they know the valid reasons of why god doesn't exist and two that what you just said is that basically I am the one who is saying that god exists and it is pointless to continue the debate. Buddy, your a million miles away from the truth

9. The second sentence you said in the last paragraph really ticks me off because you think that everybody is a Christian and that only Christians are right because you didn't even bother to acknowledge information from other religions. That just goes to show how ignorant you are of the world.

10. Dude stop imagining because what you said about being able to sense his love, and feel is presence means that your and dreamland. Also because you said about feeling gods presence, i want you to close your eyes and do a quick meditation. When you open your eyes tell me whether or not you felt gods "presences." If so I want you to think whether you actually "felt" gods presence or whether you want to believe you felt is presence

11. This is my last argument for time being. It is about the fact that the majority of people believe in god. I claim this false because if you go search up online a poll whether god is real or not, most people say god does not exist.

So this is my argument for the time being. I hope you are able to respond immediately after the argument i have just posted. I wish you the best of luck.

Logic requires that there is only one objective "truth" for any specific claim. Contradictory claims cannot be equally true. For example, the statements "the hamster is in its cage" and "the hamster cage is empty" cannot both be true simultaneously. This evaluation of truth applies to spiritual matters just as well as logical or physical matters. It"s reasonable to claim that the Bible is true in a way that excludes all other statements. Examining the Bible in the same way we would any other text, we can confidently say that it is, in fact, true.

The Bible not only encourages readers to examine their own beliefs (1 John 4:1), but it also commends those who check spiritual claims for truth (Acts 17:11). The Bible makes claims on the basis of history and eyewitnesses (Luke 1:1"4; 2 Peter 1:16), connects belief to visible evidence (John 20:30"31), and ties biblical ideas to the observable world (Psalm 19:1; Romans 1). Jesus overtly claimed to represent an exclusive truth (John 18:37; 14:6). So the Bible is clearly meant to be interpreted as true, and exclusively true (John 17:17).

Where we can check biblical claims against verifiable truth, the Bible proves itself accurate. History, archaeology, science, and philosophy have shown Scripture to be factual and consistent. This correspondence between various forms of evidence is a major advantage the Bible has over the scriptures of any other faith system. In many cases, it has been the deciding factor in converting skeptics and nonbelievers to faith in Christ.

Whether or not the Bible is true is a separate question from whether or not a particular passage is "literal." It"s reasonable to say that a phrase or statement is true, even if the truth is not presented in literal terms. For example, if a person says during a heavy rain, "It"s raining cats and dogs," the statement is true"it"s just not literal. Idiomatic phrases are meant to be interpreted. The same principle applies to John"s words about Jesus: "Look, the Lamb of God!" (John 1:36). Of course, a person might ask for clarification, and be told, based on Old Testament passages, that Jesus isn"t literally a wooly farm animal, but that He"s the fulfillment of the Law and the divinely chosen sacrifice to redeem the world. The figurative nature of John"s statement doesn"t make his statement untrue, simply metaphorical. It"s good to remember that the Bible is comprised of sixty-six separate books, and each of them often contains different types of literature and a mixture of literal and figurative language.

More so than with any other religious text, we have assurance that the Bible is true. The combination of internal consistency, connection to evidence, and relevance to our experience makes the Bible unique among books. Like many religious works, the Bible claims to be true (2 Timothy 3:16). Unlike any other religious work, the Bible emphatically supports that assertion.

1.The con is obviously trying to not include some very obvious information about the bible. He is also not trying to acknowledge my counterpoints to some of his arguments like why maybe somebody other than a Christian(say a Muslim) might not believe in the bible. This is obviously pointing out that my opponent doesn't know who to respond to my rebuttals and accepts the fact that I am right and doesn't deny it because he doesn't know how to say otherwise.

2.I want to say that there are plenty of things that are factually incorrect about the Bible.For example, how the bible says that life was created 6000 years ago in 6 days. First of all, we have discovered real fossils of dinosaurs dating back to millions of years ago. Another thing is that how could you create such a complex and unique world in just 6 day. Not even if the greatest minds in the world had the power to create universes, would it take nearly has short as 6 DAYS! And you say that the bible proves itself factual correct? Trust me their are many more mistakes in the bible, I just don't want to waste my time listing them all.Also if you keep on expressing about how the bible is correct, I will literary just spend a round showing you the problems of the bible. I am not joking.

3.I am just going to say this. NO. "Combination of internal consistency, connection to evidence, and relevance to our experience makes the Bible unique among books."

4. I also really want you to hear this comment that this one person nickname izybev said." Just because something it may say it in a bible or torah or whatever, doesn't automatically make it true. any intelligent person should realize that all religions were made up hundreds/thousands of years ago by people who didn't understand how the universe worked and needed something to explain it. And, in the case of the church, they control and manipulate the uneducated masses through fear. "Do as god says (what we say) or your going to hell." If only there was proof for anything religions say."
I completely agree.

SoccerJami forfeited this round.

Vote for me :)

SoccerJami forfeited this round.
Posted by Natsu145 9 months ago
i am sorry if i have a few grammatical errors, just keep in mind that i tend to type very quickly
Posted by izybev 9 months ago
Just because something it may say it in a bible or torah or whatever, doesn't automatically make it true. any intelligent person should realize that all religions were made up hundreds/thousands of years ago by people who didn't understand how the universe worked and needed something to explain it. And, in the case of the church, they control and manipulate the uneducated masses through fear. "Do as god says (what we say) or your going to hell." If only there was proof for anything religions say.
Posted by Jerry947 9 months ago
Nobody is winning right now. In my opinion, neither opponent knows enough about the subject to debate about it. Pro makes way too many assumptions for me to count and con makes a lot of assumptions as well. In my honest opinion, neither person has made a valid argument as of right now.
Posted by Natsu145 9 months ago
Also i want you guys to tell me and my opponet of who do you think is winning currently and when the debating is over, to vote for who won
Posted by Natsu145 9 months ago
Vote Placed by lannan13 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture