SuperAwesomeMusician
Bill_Henly

God does not hate people or murder. He is very loving to everyone he created. (For backwardseden)

Bill_Henly has forfeited round #2.

SuperAwesomeMusician

Pro

I have seen backwardseden accuse God of being evil so many times. He attempts to prove his points by simply pulling verses from the Bible out of oblivion, without looking at any context whatsoever in which they were given. It is my goal in this debate to prove to him that he is wrong in his reasoning, and that God is an extremely loving person who cares about everyone, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

No insults of any kind will be allowed in this debate. Backwardseden has somehow come to the conclusion that it is acceptable to degrade, harass, and dehumanize people who disagree with him. This is never acceptable nor taught by anyone. All insults will be ignored.

I will leave it up to backwardseden to begin the debate with his arguments.
Bill_Henly

Con

That's not what the bible says.
SuperAwesomeMusician

Pro

How are you today sir? I'm glad that you have accepted the challenge and that we can discuss our perspectives on this topic.

Onto your argument, "That's not what the Bible says". Since this is quite unspecific, I'm not sure where to take it. If I'm correct sir, you are stating that the Bible does not show anywhere that God loves everyone. Unless this is an incorrect assumption, I will take the debate in that direction. Please, for the rest of this debate, feel free to use much more characters than you did in the previous round so that we can make as much of this discussion as possible.

One of the most well-known verses in the Bible shows just how much love God has for his children. That would be John 3: 16, which reads, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Not only does this show that God loves the entire world, but it shows that he loved everyone so much that he was willing to sacrifice his son to save us. And this was not out of any ill intent towards his son. Jesus Christ, himself, volunteered to be the world's savior, and it deeply saddened God to see him crucified.

To conclude, this single act alone does indeed show how loving God is towards his children. I look forward to hearing your responses.
Posted by bigwigaustin 5 months ago
bigwigaustin
I partially agree and partially disagree. I completely agree with you that God isn't evil. However, on the aspect of "he doesn't murder", I do disagree, a few examples of this being the flood, Lot's wife, and Ananias and Sapphira.
Posted by canis 9 months ago
canis
Its hard for a book to hate ?
Posted by ShyreWolf 9 months ago
ShyreWolf
Zip it bronze riven main
Posted by SuperAwesomeMusician 9 months ago
SuperAwesomeMusician
It was, but it has been taken already. You can challenge me if you want. I'd love to prove to you that God isn't evil.
SuperAwesomeMusician
Posted by DawnBringerRiven 9 months ago
DawnBringerRiven
I could prove that God is evil, though it seems this debate is only for a specific person