E7C69
Ahthatsthestuff

God does not infact exist

Ahthatsthestuff

E7C69

Pro

There is no proof that any forms of life exist before us there is not any proof that says they infact do but if god does exist and cares about us why does he not help us in our struggles?
Ahthatsthestuff

Con

I look forward to debating this classic question with you.

I believe the first question to ask is "What is a God?"
Well looking at the definition of god it is understood that god means: "A powerful ruler" or a "person or thing of supreme value" Then could be said that any president, leader, ruler, dictator, king, or captain was a god.
I believe we are all gods.
E7C69

Pro

As you make a valid point I am particularly referring to the Christian God or Lord as some may say. I have never seen any proof referring to gods existence and am 100% sure that the bible we know today was not the original bible and no one really knows the true version; there have been many historically documented cases where the Christian Bible has been changed many were thought to be as ways of manipulating the believers into doing the whim of others. I have one question for you. Do you believe in magic? the thing about god is what is he/she more than a group of people's way of interpreting the creation of man and the world of those intimidated by science who make up a man to fill that spot with a bunch of conjuring magic. before anyone brings it up I would like to point out I believe in extraterrestrial life but god for me does not fall under that description.
Ahthatsthestuff

Con

Well I find it very difficult for you to say that I do not exist. I am in this debate with you am I not? I am god, some call me the Christian god, or Muhammad, or Zeus. I am god. I exist.
E7C69

Pro

I would like to know what in the world you are talking about in that last argument. And if I may ask if your atheist why are you debating this?
Ahthatsthestuff

Con

I don't know if I can say it much clearer. I am god. I am a person or thing of supreme power. If you were to go back 1000 years and show people what I can do today they would consider me a god. I can fly around the world in a few days. I can go to the moon. I can talk to someone in Europe. Immediately. I am god.

Also it does not matter what I believe, it matters what is being debated.
E7C69

Pro

As I said prior I am talking about the Christian god "The almighty god who created us and brought us into being" I am not referring to the definition of the word I am specifically talking about the Christian god and you are not him/her because he/she doesn't exist on this world according to the Christian religion. I was really hoping to get a Christian believer in this debate as con so I could have a real outlook on this situation because I can guarantee you that this debate would be going a lot different and actually talking about religion which this debate is about. You have not touched on the situation that I have tried to bring upon a believer in Christianity to hopefully clear ones outlook on the world and how being happened.
Ahthatsthestuff

Con

"You have not touched on the situation," yes I have. I am the real Christian god. You have yet to provide any compelling evidence against this. I have refuted all of your claims and have yet to hear any rebuttal. I would like to continue this debate over whether I exist, instead of trying to change what is being debated. Thank you.
Posted by flamebreath 6 years ago
flamebreath
is Ahthatsthestuff saying that he is a God?
if so that's disturbing
Posted by gizmo1650 6 years ago
gizmo1650
"And that's another, God's argument would be so convincing that no one would vote against Him. Yet there are 2 votes already against Ahthatsthestuff."
-Godsands

And how many votes against the bible?
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
The resolution was understandable. Con pretended not to understand it and refused to debate it. Refusing to debate the resolution is a conduct violation. Pro's case was weak, but he did provide an argument for the resolution, which Con did not address. Arguments to Pro.
Posted by Pat 6 years ago
Pat
The comments page is more interesting and provokes more thought than the actual debate XD
Posted by Ahthatsthestuff 6 years ago
Ahthatsthestuff
@GodSands sorry I didn't realize the text was too small. I have a PDF of it on my computer, but I don't want to upload it. Instead I found these...
http://www.infidels.org...
http://www.evilbible.com...
http://www.islamway.com...

I have looked up several of these in a bible and they all check out. I'm not sure I understand your argument. I feel like mine is pretty straight forward. There are contradictions in the bible, this is a fact. I believe contradictions fall into the illogical category.

"when people say that there are contradictions in the Bible, Christians or scholars defending the text would say that the criticism is due to understanding, a lack of it."
Could you expand on how a lack of understanding makes all of these not contradictions? I am curious to see it from a different angle.

Please explain my lack of understanding on these two quotes and how they are not contradictions

-"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (GEN 22:1)

-"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (JAS 1:13)
Posted by losedotexe 6 years ago
losedotexe
@Ahthatsthestuff ; You asked E7C69 to prove a negative. That's not how it works...
However, E7C69 didn't refute your definition of god, or any of your arguments, so...yeah.
Posted by GodSands 6 years ago
GodSands
The text in the link were far too small to read, even when zoomed in. That's the minor point, so secondly, where was that source from? How about if you go and find the contradictions yourself? Get them first hand? Not 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 16th or whatever hand.

To be honest, when people say that there are contradictions in the Bible, Christians or scholars defending the text would say that the criticism is due to understanding, a lack of it. So who is right, it isn't a case of we know that contradictions exist yet we continue to believe the Bible any how.
Posted by Ahthatsthestuff 6 years ago
Ahthatsthestuff
@GodSands
If the bible is the word of me, or god, and I can not make illogical things then how do you explain the entire bible.
evidence--->http://images.fastcompany.com...
Posted by GodSands 6 years ago
GodSands
@gizmo1650
No I am not saying that, I am saying that God cannot sin, but Ahthatsthestuff has, therefore he is not God.

For God there is no such thing as the concept of hard and easy, difficult and straight forward. Anything is possible for God, except illogical things, now that is impossible for God because God cannot deny Himself as God. And because of that, it is illogical to be illogical or rather, He cannot contradict Himself. Whereas we can.

So yes, God could debate on this site if wanted. And in that would win every debate, even if He were to be defending the most far fetched claim or statement.

And that's another, God's argument would be so convincing that no one would vote against Him. Yet there are 2 votes already against Ahthatsthestuff.
Posted by E7C69 6 years ago
E7C69
@blackhawk1331 from what i learned of the christian religion original sin is a thing and i dont believe in him
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied
Vote Placed by BobMarleyIsDead 6 years ago
BobMarleyIsDead
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied
Vote Placed by losedotexe 6 years ago
losedotexe
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied
Vote Placed by rogue 6 years ago
rogue
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied
Vote Placed by blackhawk1331 6 years ago
blackhawk1331
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied
Vote Placed by BrettCumby 6 years ago
BrettCumby
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied
Vote Placed by scorr7 6 years ago
scorr7
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied
Vote Placed by Ahthatsthestuff 6 years ago
Ahthatsthestuff
E7C69AhthatsthestuffTied