tyson
XSOLDIER

God doesn't exist.

XSOLDIER

tyson

Pro

My argument is that God doesn't exist. I advise my opponent(preferably Christian) to present evidence for their beliefs. If they present enough sufficient evidence -- although highly unlikely -- I will gladly change my position. I also advise my opponent to go first. Thank you for debating.

The rounds will not be as specific as other debates. It is just providing proof of God's existence.
XSOLDIER

Con

In this debate, I hope my opponent post his argument as soon as he can.

1.Definition of God and existence.

God:the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe.
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Existence:the state or fact of existing.
http://dictionary.reference.com...

Exist: to have being in a specified place or under certain conditions
http://dictionary.reference.com...

PROOF OF EXISTENCE OF GOD
1.COMPLEXITY OF OUR PLANET.

The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.4

Water is colourless, odourless and without taste, and yet no living thing can survive without it. Plants, animals and human beings consist mostly of water (about two-thirds of the human body is water). You'll see why the characteristics of water are uniquely suited to life

It has an unusually high boiling point and freezing point. Water allows us to live in an environment of fluctuating temperature changes, while keeping our bodies a steady 98.6 degrees.

Water is a universal solvent. This property of water means that various chemicals, minerals and nutrients can be carried throughout our bodies and into the smallest blood vessels.

Water is also chemically neutral. Without affecting the make up of the substances it carries, water enables food, medicines and minerals to be absorbed and used by the body.

Water has a unique surface tension. Water in plants can therefore flow upward against gravity, bringing life-giving water and nutrients to the top of even the tallest trees.

Water freezes from the top down and floats, so fish can live in the winter.

Ninety-seven percent of the Earth's water is in the oceans. But on our Earth, there is a system designed which removes salt from the water and then distributes that water throughout the globe. Evaporation takes the ocean waters, leaving the salt, and forms clouds which are easily moved by the wind to disperse water over the land, for vegetation, animals and people. It is a system of purification and supply that sustains life on this planet, a system of recycled and reused water.

The human brain...simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colours and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of your keyboard. Your brain holds and processes all your emotions, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands.

2. Jesus Christ is one of the clearest example of picture of GOD

I will briefly tell the story. Jesus performed miracles. He healed people...blind, crippled, deaf, even raised a couple of people from the dead. He had power over objects...created food out of thin air, enough to feed crowds of several thousand people. He performed miracles over nature...walked on top of a lake, commanding a raging storm to stop for some friends. People everywhere followed Jesus, because he constantly met their needs, doing the miraculous. He said if you do not want to believe what I'm telling you, you should at least believe in me based on the miracles you're seeing.

Jesus Christ showed God to be gentle, loving, aware of our shortcomings, yet deeply wanting a relationship with us. Jesus revealed that although God views us as sinners, worthy of his punishment, his love for us ruled and God came up with a different plan. God himself took on the form of man and accepted the punishment for our sin on our behalf. Sounds ludicrous? Perhaps, but many loving fathers would gladly trade places with their child in a cancer ward if they could. The Bible says that the reason we would love God is because he first loved us.

Here is the story of Jesus Christ.
http://www.thestoryofjesus.org...

3. Argument:

Premise 1: God is a being than which no greater being can be conceived.

Defence : If X is perfect, then X cannot be any better than it is; there can"t be anything better than perfection. Conversely, it something is imperfect like human. Then, we can possibly be better than the current time. This means that if a thing is perfect then it is impossible to imagine how best it is.Therefore, there is nothing better than it is to imagine.
If we think of God as being perfect"and perfection, remember, is part of the concept of God"then we must therefore think of God as a being that cannot be imagined to be better than he is. It is therefore impossible to conceive either of there being anything greater than God or of it being possible to imagine God being better than he already is.

Premise 2: We can be conceived either exists in the mind alone or both in the mind and in reality.

Defence: Niels Bohr, a Danish Physicist who made significant contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum theory once said: "if quantum mechanics have not profoundly shocked you, you haven"t understood it yet." Quantum physics has left scientists all over the world baffled, especially with the discovery that our physical material reality, isn"t really physical at all. "Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." It seems philosophers of our ancient past were right, our senses really do deceive us.

Again, our physical material reality really isn't physical at all. The meaning, significance and implications of these findings within our quantum world have led to a plethora of ideas and theories, some of which lay inside the label of "pseudo-science." This article will present scientific evidence that clearly show the connections between consciousness and what we call reality and how these can no longer be denied. It will also ponder the implications of this knowing, and how this realization plays an important role in the potential transformation of our planet, at a time when we need it the most.
The notion that the atom was the smallest particle in the universe fell with the discovery that the atom itself is made up of even smaller, subatomic elements. What was even more shocking was the revelation that these subatomic particles emit various "strange energies." Proponents would argue that the findings within quantum physics only apply and are significant at the subatomic level, but to those I say, are we not all existing at the subatomic level? When we observe ourselves and our physical environment at the smallest level, are we not made up of atoms? Are we not made up of subatomic particles? Are we not what we observe?

At the turn of the ninetieth century, physicists started to explore the relationship between energy and the structure of matter. In doing so, the belief that a physical, Newtonian material universe that was at the very heart of scientific knowing was dropped, and the realization that matter is nothing but an illusion replaced it. Scientists began to recognize that everything in the Universe is made out of energy.

Quantum physicists discovered that physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature. Therefore, if we really want to observe ourselves and find out what we are, we are really beings of energy and vibration, radiating our own unique energy signature -this is fact and is what quantum physics has shown us time and time again. We are much more than what we perceive ourselves to be, and it"s time we begin to see ourselves in that light. If you observed the composition of an atom with a microscope, you would see a small, invisible tornado like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void.(0) The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don"t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter.

I.Existing both in the mind and in reality is greater than existing solely in the mind.
II.This being, existing in the mind alone, can also be conceived to exist in reality.
III.This being existing in the mind alone is not therefore the being than which no greater can be conceived.

Premise 3:Therefore, this being than which no greater can be conceived exists in reality and mind.

Needless to defend.

I would like to hand this over to PRO.
tyson

Pro

I can tell that my opponent has copied their argument from a website. But I will still continue to debate against their argument.

1. If if the Earth's size is perfect, wouldn't prove that a God exists. That isn't evidence, this is an anecdote. The Earth's size is far from perfect. And yes, we are at a perfect distance from the Sun, it still doesn't prove anything. There are other examples of Earth's out there that is habitable.

2. Jesus is not one of the clearest example of God, if not one of the worst. Jesus committed cruel acts on innocent people. And acts that are completely ridiculous. I have a list of Bible verses for my opponent to overview.
Matthew
10: 34-36
11: 20-24
15: 4-7

Mark
9: 43-49

Luke
12: 46-47
17: 26-27

3. A quick question to counter-argue with his defense. If God is a being than which no greater being can be conceived, then who fabricated God? Every complex being must have a creator, right? Every time I ask a believer this, they become fixed, but hopefully you can answer this question with evidence.
XSOLDIER

Con

1. If you say that they are other planet out there that is habitable. Then, why there is no any life? if you say that a place that is habitable, then it must consist of life. Where is life? if you are saying that other planets are habitable then you must prove that extraterrestrials life does exist. If you fail to do this then you will be hoisting at your own petard. In short my opponent is just talking without giving any evidence. I also can say that there are no other examples of Earth's out there that is habitable. No resource and his own personal opinion.

2. Matthew
10: 34-36
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

""a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law"
36 a man"s enemies will be the members of his own household.

Did you really read the whole chapter? And, please stealing part of the lines. My opponent is trying to steal part of the line from the bible. This is unfavourable. For example,the dog is biting me then, I beat it with my own hand.
What my opponent is doing is that he purposely pick the consequence without knowing the previous reasons. Or, either way.

I won't explain the meaning of them.

3.Hey dude, God is uncreated creator. This is an absurd question. To whom is the bachelor married? Where did I go? What did I do? Stop asking funny question. Do you really understand God? Have you ever met God? Have all the unexplained explained? We have not understood God yet. If we have understand the entity, then it is not God. If you have understand the 'trying' of plants to look for sunlight then you are not human. I can completely understand an extrovert then I am not an introvert.

Everything which has a beginning has a cause.

The universe has a beginning.

Therefore the universe has a cause.

First law of thermodynamics:
The total amount of energy in an isolated system is conserved.

Second law of thermodynamics:
"The entropy of the universe tends to a maximum."

If the amount of energy has is limited, then the amount of energy that can be used will be decreased. Then, how can the universe exists eternally?
tyson

Pro

1. When I say habitable, I mean humans can live on it. Also, it is really unreasonable and foolish to think that we are the only beings in the universe.

2. Using Bible verses isn't unfavorable. You said Jesus was the closest resemblance to God, and I counter-argued with evidence. You Christians claim that every thing in Jesus' life is true. And did I read the whole chapter? No. But Jesus saying this is still malevolent, in any case. You obviously looked at one verse, because I believe I showed you more than one.

3. God is an non-created creator? Then how can such a deity exist? I have not met God, but apparently you have, since you're the believer. You're actually using Laws of Thermodynamics to back up your argument? That doesn't help at all. But I'm not a physicist or an astronomer, and neither are you.

4. I wanted to start something new. What makes you think the the Christian god is the right one? What about Krishna? Or Buddha. If you were born in India, you'd be a Hindu. If you were born in Ancient Greece, you'd believe in Zeus, Poseidon, and the many other gods. If you were born Ancient Egypt, you'd believed in Horus and Isis, and such. It seems to me that you're religion depends on where you're born, and the way you're brought up. It only takes a rational mind(not calling you irrational) to abandon such things.
XSOLDIER

Con

1.I will still go with my point. If earth is not habitable, then life can't exist. Earth is habitable, human can exist. I have never said that we are the only being in the universe. But, you haven't proven it to me that extraterrestrials exist. And, my question is why other planet is not habitable. When x planet develops from inhabitable to habitable, what will happen? For sure, life will begin to exist. habitable is a broad word. If Y is habitable for Microorganism but not for human. My opponent is as I said hoisting at his own petard. Y is habitable, I will throw you there. You are dead and you can't even survive.The term "habitable planet" seems rather broad. Does it mean that it is habitable for humans? Is it merely capable of supporting some other form of life? Quite simply, planetary habitability refers to a planet"s ability to both develop and sustain life. my opponent fails to prove extraterrestrials do exist.

2.Hey jerk you are doing it not me
His case:
Jesus is not one of the clearest example of God, if not one of the worst. Jesus committed cruel acts on innocent people. And acts that are completely ridiculous. I have a list of Bible verses for my opponent to overview.
Matthew
10: 34-36
11: 20-24
15: 4-7

Mark
9: 43-49

Luke
12: 46-47
17: 26-27

You purposely ask me to focus on the lines. Stop playing the fool. As an example,
1.Ant is hard-working.
2.Human is bad.
3.Human Kills ant.

What you did was that you ask me to look at the 1 and 3 only without the 2. Is that good that human kills ants? All the question will arise.

My opponent says that Jesus committed cruel based on the few verse not even a chapter. You obviously bringing the wrong meaning to readers.Please, Don't do that.

3. Did I ever tell you that I have met God. Which line did I say so? I have never met God. We have not understood God yet. If we have understand the entity, then it is not God. If you have understand the 'trying' of plants to look for sunlight then you are not human. I can completely understand an extrovert then I am not an introvert.

The universe has a beginning.

Therefore the universe has a cause.

The cause in this case is God.

First law of thermodynamics:

Second law of thermodynamics:

What I am trying to say because of God, our universe continues to exist. If there is nothing gives energy, then the energy will decrease.

4. My rival's case
What makes you think the the Christian god is the right one? What about Krishna? Or Buddha. If you were born in India, you'd be a Hindu. If you were born in Ancient Greece, you'd believe in Zeus, Poseidon, and the many other gods. If you were born Ancient Egypt, you'd believed in Horus and Isis, and such. It seems to me that you're religion depends on where you're born, and the way you're brought up.

Then why are you saying that Christian God is wrong? Any proof? Hey, it is bad that you are insulting Christian's God.

I can make this case:
What makes you think the the God does not exist is the right one? What about ghost?

I am using Jesus as an example. You have freedom to choose your religion. Did I force you to join any religion no right?
tyson

Pro

tyson forfeited this round.
XSOLDIER

Con

Before I present my argument and rebuttals to my respected and smart readers. I would like to ask for your forgiveness. I would like to apologize for quoting without attribution and any inconvenience or confusing caused when you all are reading this debate. Since I am new to this site, so I don’t know the convention. My arguments still stand no matter what who said badly about them. That by borrowing them I adopted the arguments as being mine for the debate.

Unfortunately, my opponent hasn't met with his burden of proof that is to show that 'God does not exist.' My opponent also indirectly admits that the earth is being created by God. Earth by definition is a third planet from the sun.
Point 1.
P1. If someone has created something, then he must have existed.
P2.God has created something.
C1: God must have existed.
Defending P1.
Sir Alexander Graham Bell has created the very first practical phone. [http://en.wikipedia.org...]. If he has existed in the history, then the phone must also exist. Phone has existed in our time, so must he? If he has existed (although he is dead), so there must be something left to prove that he has existed. Phone is the thing that he left in our world. [http://en.wikipedia.org...] So, the existence of Sir Alexander Graham Bell is unquestionable. If he has never existed, then where comes phone. The current phone, today, must, at least share some similarities and using the same theory for the phone to function.

Defending P2.
As what we can see in the holy bible that God has created TREES, EARTH, WATER, LIGHT, STARS, HUMAN and ANIMALS in GENESIS 1. [http://bible.oremus.org...]. These are all the creation of God. Look at your surroundings, most of the creation of God was mentioned in the bible. Maybe some of the creation we can’t find or even see because it has met with extinction. Example like great sea monsters which has extinct today.
It is not necessary for me to defend my C1 since all the premises are true and valid enough.
Point 2.
Kalām cosmological argument [http://en.wikipedia.org...]
P1. Everything which has a beginning has a cause.
P2. The universe has a beginning.
C2. Therefore, the universe has a cause.
Defend P1.
Both Logic and Induction can prove my premise 1. I begin to type the argument with my hand. I begin to type because I was thinking. I am thinking because of my mind. And, my mind is conscious. If I am not conscious then I may not type what I wish for. In this case my mind is the cause. And, the beginning is typing. The only thing that is unconscious is material.
Defend P2.
Keep in mind that the Big Bang wasn't a sudden explosion of energy in some empty part of space at some distant moment in time. According to the theory, all space, time and energy came into existence together in that “bang.” Before the Big Bang, there was no time. There was no space. Then, suddenly, an exceedingly dense, incredibly hot, infinitesimal ball of something – everything – appeared somewhere, somehow for reasons unknown and began to expand rapidly with our whole world inside of it. But, who cause the explosion? Material is impossible to exist before the Big Bang.
Defend Conclusion 2:
All materials are contingent on the universe. A conscious cause fulfils the condition of immaterial. God has created the Big Bang.
Point 3.God is omnipotent and he preserves the universe.
First law of thermodynamics: The total amount of energy in an isolated system is conserved.
Second law of thermodynamics: The entropy of the universe tends to a maximum.
If the amount of energy has is limited, then the amount of energy that can be used will be decreased or even been used up one day. Then, how can the universes exist eternally? Our universe continues to exist eternally because of something that is with infinite power preserves the universe.
Physics formula.
Power = Energy/Time
God is not confined to time. “God is spirit” (John 4:24), and, correspondingly, God is timeless rather than being eternally in time or being beyond time. Time was simply created by God as a limited part of His creation for accommodating the workings of His purpose in His disposable universe (2 Peter 3:10-12). Our physical world is with four known space-time dimensions of length, width, height (or depth) and time. However, God dwells in a different dimension. It’s not that God isn’t real; it’s a matter of His not being limited by the physical laws and dimensions that govern our world (Isaiah 57:15). God exists out of time, thus it is all powerful. If the entity is not the most powerful, then he can’t exist out of time. In short, the entity must be limited to time.

Rebuttal to my opponent’s point:
1. My opponent claims that earth is not a perfect planet and keeps saying that it is an anecdote to be an evidence for God’s work.
Trying to cover both of your eyes and draw a circle. You will not get a perfect circle. You must be conscious in order to create a perfect circle. Now, try to draw the circle with your eyes open. Perfect is defined as ‘having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.’
[https://www.google.com...]
We can compare our planet to the other planet like Mercury. Our planet Earth has ice water, liquid water, and atmospheric water clouds but what does planet Mercury have? It has been seven years ago that theorized that frozen ice MAY exist in deep craters at the poles. Radar imaging has detected possibilities and not enough is known of the Mecurian surface as of 2007 to make any determinations. The Mercurial atmosphere is composed of 3.4% water.
[http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...]
When compare our Earth and planet Mercury, our planet is perfect for human’s existence. If there is no any conscious creator that means that our planet won’t be as perfect as it would be.
2. My opponent did not read the whole bible and simply judge the few verses of the chapter. I think my opponent just copies the verse from somewhere in the Internet without much understanding of them. But, never mind, I will only explain one of the parts only. I would like to advise my opponent to have a clear understanding by reading the bible before arguing without any knowlege.
Matthew
10: 34-36
do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

""a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.
The point is that Jesus is trying to tell you that if you love your parents more than Jesus then you can't be with Him.
You cannot service both masters and you must have one master. It is stated in Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one or love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. The person will hate one master and love the other, or will follow one master and refuse to follow the other. You cannot serve both God and worldly riches.
You should be thanks your parents take care of you but if God never make people then you will have no parents and you will not be here but God did. I advise my opponent to study deeper from God’s words and you can try to understand him with your mind and your heart.
3. My opponent keeps saying that I have met God. Which round or words did I say so?
How do we know God exists? As Christians, they know God exists because they speak to Him every day. They do not audibly hear Him speaking to them, but they sense His presence and feel His leading, know His love, desire His grace. Things have occurred in our lives that have no possible explanation other than God. God is uncreated creator as proved in the Kalām cosmological argument.

4. His argument
I wanted to start something new. What makes you think the Christian god is the right one? What about Krishna? Or Buddha. If you were born in India, you'd be a Hindu. If you were born in Ancient Greece, you'd believe in Zeus, Poseidon, and the many other gods. If you were born Ancient Egypt, you'd believed in Horus and Isis, and such. It seems to me that you're religion depends on where you're born, and the way you're brought up.

I can make this case:
What makes you think the God does not exist is the right one?

Good morning and I would like to thank all readers for using part of your time to read and vote on this debate. If you have been skimming, please go back to the top.
Posted by JR-CreativeGenius 1 year ago
JR-CreativeGenius
BTW here is the website that XSOLDIER copied his argument from in round one.

http://www.everystudent.com...

This isn't the first time I've seen this copied.
Posted by XSOLDIER 2 years ago
XSOLDIER
You ask him/her. If you wish, then challenge him/her to a debate.
Posted by ricar3211 2 years ago
ricar3211
Not particularly, how about cheyennebodie joins in this.
Posted by XSOLDIER 2 years ago
XSOLDIER
Statisfied?
Posted by XSOLDIER 2 years ago
XSOLDIER
The one who is saying man is 6k years old is cheyennebodie not me. If question please ask him/her.
Posted by XSOLDIER 2 years ago
XSOLDIER
I am not a Christian that is why I don't know much about Bible.
Posted by ricar3211 2 years ago
ricar3211
1. What does God have anything to do with the fossil record? You just completely avoided the question and moved it to something else. Shows how much you know.
2. Your logic is this: The Bible says Jesus is the most powerful being in the universe, and Jesus says the Bible is 100% true. Does that not seem a little strange to you? You believe that Jesus is the most powerful being in the universe, which is said in the Bible. And what was the Bible? Teachings of Jesus. I could just as easily go back to a time where so many people were stupid enough to believe in something like this, and say I am the son of God, and they would believe me.
3. That's what I thought.
4. Time dilation is not at all what you are saying it is, plus it is a very minuscule amount of time that dilates, not 200,000 years condensed into 6,000. You need to read the article again.
5. Oh darn, no response.
6. Please try to speak at at least a middle school level. What does the Big Bang have to do with the Bible being true. So many things in the Bible are untrue, it is just a book written by a bunch of desert people living in a pre-science society. It is not fact. Please stop trying to say it is.
I also don't like how you keep saying Jesus is the most powerful being in the universe with absolutely ZERO proof. Sure you can believe it, but you can't use, as an argument of fact, that he can do whatever because he is God. You have ZERO proof there is a God. You could say, "I believe that Jesus is the most powerful being in the universe, and if he is, then he wouldn't have to obey the laws of physics." but you can't say you know for sure he is when there is no proof of it.
Posted by XSOLDIER 2 years ago
XSOLDIER
3.Since this writer spent many years in scientific research, I know how painful it is to propose a theory and then discover evidence disproving the theory. Still, the professional thing to do is admit that the proposed theory was wrong and look for a new hypothesis. In this way, you eventually discover the truth. Open-minded scientists will always follow such a procedure. The reader may find it interesting to learn that it was our original intention to explain how God "used" evolutionary processes to accomplish the creation described in the Bible. We later learned that the evidence does not support the theory of evolution, but supports a literal creation by God in six days. This required a change in our "theory," but we were more interested in presenting the truth than in promoting a favorite theory. Unfortunately, it seems that many people are so committed to the theory of evolution that they can not admit that their theory is failing on every front. Therefore, they "explain away" or ignore the evidence that they do not like and highlight evidence that supports their viewpoint. Selectively choosing the evidence you like and disregarding the evidence you dislike is not the way to discover the truth. For anyone who read this entire page (and who does not have a "chip" on their shoulder), one conclusion should be clear: the evidence strongly favors the Bible's creation account, and does not support the theory of evolution.
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com...
4.http://www.eternal-productions.org.... Just now I was reading something else. This is the right site.
5. I am saying that the chance is very small, but not impossible.
6.Big bang happens long time ago and big bang is not true? Just because mankind can't prove it or find FOSSIL RECORDS? Bible is a book of history. How can you say that HISTORY is false. If you say that History is false then, I have nothing to say because you are saying that HISTORY is wrong in this world
Posted by XSOLDIER 2 years ago
XSOLDIER
1.Fossil is material. That's why human can use when archaeologists find a fossil, they use carbon dating to determine how long the fossil has been a fossil. Are you expecting human uses carbon-12 to determine how old is God? God is not material or also known as immaterial.
2. You can't prove that bible is nonsense just by the few verse.Jesus indicated that the Bible gives enough information for everyone to know the truth and no other resource is better. "If they do not hear Moses and the prophets," Jesus told His Jewish listeners, "neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead" (Luke 16:31). Even though Jesus was not addressing Gentiles, His words are based on a universal truth: the Bible is"and should be"our most persuasive tool.You said that the Bible was full of errors.
https://answersingenesis.org...
https://answersingenesis.org...
In a nutshell, if you are saying that bible in nonsense that you also indirectly said that science is wrong.
God is not confined to our dimension. That is why you can't say that law of PHYSICS works on him.
Posted by XSOLDIER 2 years ago
XSOLDIER
1. God is not material. The fossil record is material. Thus, archaeology can only be used to determine the age of material.2. As I have mentioned earlier, Jesus is the most powerful being in the universe. If you are the most powerful being ,then you can do anything. You are saying down there than how can 'One man who broke so many laws of physics'. I am giving the example of light which has broken law of physics. The most powerful being does not obey law of physics. You have to know that very well.3.Nothing.4. Time could be accelerating or decelerating in the past.6. Big bang happens long time ago and big bang is not true? Just because mankind can't prove it or find FOSSIL RECORDS?
Vote Placed by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
tysonXSOLDIERTied
Reasons for voting decision: Im tying the conduct due to how con treated his opponent. Arguments to Con as many were not refuted. Con also put in more arguments overall such as quantum mechanics. Awesome debate!
Vote Placed by Toviyah 2 years ago
Toviyah
tysonXSOLDIERTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. even then, Con had the better arguments, For example Pro in R2 simply listed Bible verses. This isn't a strong argument, and the distinct lack of support for his premises were a constant feature throughout. For example, in R3, there is the assertion of " you're [S/G] religion depends upon where you're born" without any support other than 'it only depends upon a rational mind'. This, I don't think, is at all sufficient to fulfill his BOP of showing that, with some certainty, "God doesn't exist.", with the same applying to all the other arguments. Con on the other hand gave a good presentation of the arguments and backed them up clearly. So, my vote goes to Con.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
tysonXSOLDIERTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
tysonXSOLDIERTied
Reasons for voting decision: Would have given Con all 7 points even without the forfeited round, as Pro didn't put forward any coherent arguments in favor of their position and didn't come close to carrying the burden of proof (as expected with the nature of the claim.)
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
tysonXSOLDIERTied
Reasons for voting decision: You cannot prove something doesn't exist. This debate was over as soon as it began, so arguments to con. Pro also ff a round, so conduct to con.