AriaHere
TheChamp

God doesn't exist.

TheChamp

AriaHere

Pro

This round is for acceptance.
TheChamp

Con

give me some reasons why you think he doesn't.
AriaHere

Pro

First off, there was a story in the bible,, a flood of some sort, im not sure if there was an exact name for it - Anyway, there was no geological proof that it actually happened.
There are bad things in the world, such as war and illness eg cancer etc - why doesn't God stop them, if he loves us with all his heart then why would he be letting someone suffer relentlessly, when you have the power to stop the pain easily. This does not seem like love to me.
about the virgin Mary - A woman cannot have a baby and still be a virgin, simple as that.
TheChamp

Con

People who don't believe in him always say why doesn't he help people.The simple answer is "Free Will". God gives you a choice to be good or bad, it's your decision on which side you choose, in the end it will be decided if you go to heaven or hell. Second about the desieses. People who get these desieses will go to a better place.Like my aunt she was a strong god believer and i know she is in a better place. Besides the reason god has desieses on earth is because of the things Adam and Eve did and how they ate the fruit when god told them not to. So the punishment was that humans would not be immortal and other things that are irreverent to our argument right now.
AriaHere

Pro

I agree that that was a very strong point but what I dont get is the miracles that happen
I have questions such as who created him? How did he create 'heaven' and 'hell'? How did he create life? If you think bout it logically, it is impossible. How could a big man in the sky create the whole of mankind?
I'm sorry what are desieses?
These miracles - How can they be possible?
TheChamp

Con

I'm sorry about the typing auto correct won't work on this phone.First off I don't know how God was created,that still puzzles me.Anyway he created heaven as his city.I don't know to much about heaven's creation but,God had angels.There was one angel in particular named Lucifer who thought he was better that god.God found out and Lucifer fled and wanted to crush God and all of the other angels.So he is the devil and God made hell for Lucifer where he and all the other bad souls go to. Lucifer tries to get into people's heads and fill it with bad thoughts such as people who don't believe in god.The more people defy God the more people go to hell.About the whole creating life thing.How do you think life came?.We evolved form monkey's,that's just dumb. God made us after making the heaven,hell,earth,and all it's animals.
AriaHere

Pro

I think that the big bang theory is more realistic. I mean, A man who creates angels. One angel Lucifer who turned bad basically then God created a place for him to stay. In my opinion it is like saying that I, a normal, mortal being, will create a place in the sky for all my enemies to live.
You didn't say anything about the so called miracles.
You are basically saying that God has 'magic powers' so to speak. That doesn't sound very realistic
Also are you implying that all atheists will go are filled with Lucifer's bad thoughts?
TheChamp

Con

There are many things that have not been uncovered about the creation of heaven of hell and earth the bible just gives the basics.God doesn't have magical powers he is.....well..God,he is the creator of all things he is always watching as well.First off in the old testament God was an unforgiving God.You would die if you ever sinned more than once.Until he sent down his son Jesus and because of him God is forgivable and loving and kind.If Jesus never came,trust me you and even me wouldn't be here.About Lucifer,he is basically trying to get people to distrust God,to make people not to believe,to make people to disobey God.And which miracle are you talking about? Lets finish this debate in the comments.
Posted by AriaHere 9 months ago
AriaHere
CodingSource, aren't you 15?
Posted by CodingSource 9 months ago
CodingSource
The battle of the 15 year old's. Unbelievable.
Posted by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 9 months ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
I like that flash7221 didn't know if God existed before the debate but now he's convinced. That's some powerful arguing, Con.
Posted by TheChamp 9 months ago
TheChamp
I'm only 15 this was my second debate
Posted by JaanVahl 9 months ago
JaanVahl
We can neither prove nor disprove gods existence until we ourselves have become him. Also about good and evil. How do you know that the devil is evil? By all means, all things evil benefit him. Why would the Devil(who wants you to sin) punish you for sinning, the exact thing he wanted you to do in the first place? Shouldnt God punish you for the exact thing he doesnt want you to do? Does that mean that god only rewards people? Then why has gods judgement been the cause of innumerable deaths? If God made free will and gave it to people, then why does he dictate what is good and bad? Why does he punish you if you do one thing and not the other? If he isnt the one punishing you, why is the Devil? Who assesses a person when they die? Is it done by a deity, is it automatic, or is it done by God? If the Devil is the bane of gods existence, why should God send people to him, doesnt that benefit the devil? Why doesnt he just deny access to those he deems unworthy and delete them altogether? May it be that the jews were right? That Satan didnt betray god and is in fact doing his work? Altogether, why does God need angels if he is perfect? Why does he need assistance in doing anything?
Posted by SuperSith89 9 months ago
SuperSith89
I was with TheChamp, barely, until I read his last comment. 'God was onforgiving'. WOAH, wait what??? God never changes for one. He is the same God from the old testament and always will be. He was completely forgiving in the old testament as well anyways. Sodom and Gammorah. He did completely destroy the cities, but do you know how many chances He gave them??? Lot kept asking God if He would spare them if there were only TEN righteous people left in the ENTIRETY of the cities! Ten is an extremely small number when compared to that many wicked people. Also, God may seem harsh in ordering the Israelites to kill even children in the cities they conquered. It seems harsh, but newsflash! There are 4 year olds that are carrying guns with them to their schools and are being trained to kill. 4 YEAR OLDS. There is not much you can do about those kids. They are raised from birth with the mindset that anyone who is not Muslim should be killed. Yea it seemed harsh, but even the kids were evil in the cities. Those people did things that were so vile that even our criminals would seem like mere pranksters to them. So yea. That comment just threw me off and no vote for either side. Both had poor arguments and they were left with no evidence from either side.
Posted by AriaHere 9 months ago
AriaHere
I'm only 16, I'm really just trying to get my point across, it is true that my arguments were weak but I'm not very skilled in this topic.
Posted by flash7221 9 months ago
flash7221
I believe in a supernatural force, not a God. The Bible I think is total rubbish and was made by man to create a story and get people to follow their ideas. I mean, come on, someone building an ark and getting every single animal on there and caring for them? The stories are rubbish, but a supernatural force is not.
Posted by jglass841 9 months ago
jglass841
I will gladly argue this as pro. Honestly, those were some weak arguments. I can prove that the Christian God is false.
Posted by AriaHere 9 months ago
AriaHere
I will continue this tomorrow because it is 3AM, and I have to get up for school.
Vote Placed by flash7221 9 months ago
flash7221
AriaHereTheChampTied
Reasons for voting decision: trying to prove a god never works. We always get back to the same circle. Who created God? Well, what made the big bang happen? If the big bang was "meant to happen" like scientists say, then whos to say God wasnt simply "meant to happen". There is no real way to prove, its the way you live your life and how you choose to believe. If there is a God, he wants people to believe in Him without evidence of him being there. What would be the point of having faith if you saw God in person.? If you need physical evidence to believe in a God, then you are not a true person of faith. I will always be mixed between the two, so whatever happens after death, happens.