dr.jimmythefish
Sidex

God dose not exist

Sidex has forfeited round #4.
Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

dr.jimmythefish

Pro

round 1 is rules and statements, on my part if you could give me the philosophic theory of gods existence to attack that would be appreciated or I could attack them all. send me a username if you want to add a judge. and good luck.
Sidex

Con

God is Reason and Logic. Logic and Reason is God. When we refer to God, it's usually a human, but nothing really says that (even in the Bible) that God is inherently human. Jesus was the Son of God(Son of Reason and Logic) which makes sense in the regard that his analogies were perfect. Very few analogies even by the greatest authors today are truly perfect. But his analogies completely conveyed the exact point he was trying to make. Luke chapter 5:37 talks about new wine in new wine skins. This is referring to his logic coming from his mind at the time. His logic is "new wine" and "new wineskin" is himself. The disciples didn't have to fast because Jesus was teaching them new logic to follow, which of course started the religion Christianity.

Good luck to my opponent :)
Oh, and since logic and reason exist, I am arguing that 'God dose exist'. :)
dr.jimmythefish

Pro

Is God is reason then why are humans (made in God's image) unreasonable? And then what makes humans special as all animals show reasoning to some extent?
Sidex

Con

You know I have to say, you were the second person I debated so far to ask reasonable questions. I very much appreciate that, thank you. Humans are unreasonable solely because of ego. It's basically the representation of Satan, much like the snake in the garden. When we ate from the tree of knowledge(honestly I haven't made a judgment whether Genesis is true or not, but for now I am assuming that Moses wrote it to be allegorical) we followed our ego over staying in a garden with everlasting life. It is Man's desire for power that drives us to sin, a power that God does not need. God is more than man but still can be personified in the form of Man, the most logical and reasonable of all animals. It even touched the true fallacy of Man in The Lord of the Rings that incorporated different logical species(dwarves, elves, etc). However, Man is capable of becoming more than natural instincts more efficiently than any other animal.
dr.jimmythefish

Pro

You didn't answer my second question. How do you explain other logical life? I'll answer for you. Animals just follow instinct, then humans also follow instinct, so what makes you and me anything other than tiny specks in an indifferent universe.
Sidex

Con

I say that it's instinctual to build structures that confine the working space of the animal in question. I say it's instinctual to create a wheel to put on a cart latched to a horse to create a more efficient form of transportation, efficiency referred to literally using less energy to move to a different location. What many people have not taken into an account is the artificial actions that bring inevitable conclusions are, in fact, natural because we are animals. Mathematics is also, in fact, the most logical or 'natural' language, even more efficiently than any communication formed by any sound, due the inherent order of numbers(it goes from smallest to largest). But I don't believe that the other life on Earth can ever comprehend the 'natural' evolution of mathematics as well as humanity. This is not to say that animals do not know 'math' or even essentially all life(think Fibonacci sequence), but Humans excel far beyond any animal on this planet that has ever existed.
dr.jimmythefish

Pro

We may be the most logical animal but other animals are logical, or our logic is instinctual.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
God says no...
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
I'm apathetic, but I do know the difference.
Posted by dr.jimmythefish 1 year ago
dr.jimmythefish
I'm not an atheist FYI. I am agnostic.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
ooo, I nominate FollowerofChrist1955 as a judge.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
And I wouldn't say it's futile, I intend to learn even if I'm correct.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
But I use the Heisenberg uncertainty theory. I don't know what I'm going to argue until I observe the situation at hand. Walking by Faith sure is fun :).
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
Yeah, but a good debate is always fun to have :). Especially when you know the other person has to be wrong, am I right? I think a true believer will always find the correct path when he truly follows God.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Let NO believers accept so futile a debate.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture."
R13; Thomas Paine, The American Crisis
tags: close-mindedness, simile, stubbornness
This was written in 1776, for a believer to continue to attempt to open the mind of an atheist is beyond foolish.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
I'll give it my best shot :), have one of the judges accept.
FollowerofChrist1955
Hehehe
Like 3 mice in a maze. The one they attempt to debate has placed them in a maze with no door. So they like the proverbial hamster on a wheel just run and run. So sad.

God certainly does exist. Find Him while yet living and witness the true meaning of Hope, find Him upon death, and know the true meaning of suffering and torment. It has always BEEN up to you?