samurai
qopel

God exist

samurai

samurai

Pro

I'm claiming God exist. You can start right away if you wish.
qopel

Con

Before the debate starts, I will ask my worthy opponent to define "God", so that we are both talking about the same thing.

I will also point out that my opponent is the one making the positive claim "God exists", which means he will now have the burden of proof.
samurai

Pro

GOD- a higher being. The creator of all things. Creator and sustainer of the universe.
qopel

Con

OK, so my opponent want to claim that there is a "creator". Where's the evidence for that?
samurai

Pro

The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter.3 Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.
How did we get here?
Scientists are convinced that our universe began with one enormous explosion of energy and light, which we now call the Big Bang. This was the singular start to everything that exists: the beginning of the universe, the start of space, and even the initial start of time itself.
Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen."9
Steven Weinberg, a Nobel laureate in Physics, said at the moment of this explosion, "the universe was about a hundred thousand million degrees Centigrade...and the universe was filled with light."10
The universe has not always existed. It had a start...what caused that? Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light and matter.
Now please explain to me how we could have gotten here from "nothing".
http://www.everystudent.com...
qopel

Con

My opponent's first paragraph is known as a tautology. If the Earth were different then the Earth would be different.
So what? That doesn't prove God.

The second paragraph describes the Big Bang theory. Even if Science doesn't know how it started,
doesn't prove a God did it. Even if the entire Big Bang theory is wrong, that still doesn't prove a God exists.

The third paragraph is an attempt to shift the burden of proof. My opponent has the burden to prove there is a God.
His question, "please explain to me how we could have gotten here from "nothing" is irrelevant.

I have no burden of proof to explain that.
samurai

Pro

So now you understand that scientist could be wrong about everything. So what makes you think that just because most of them say there is no God means they are right? Can you please give me some example that proves there is no God? Or do you not have any.
And from what I know from talking to you before, I am pretty sure you are going to come up with some sad excuses to get out of the question.
qopel

Con

qopel forfeited this round.
qopel

Con

qopel forfeited this round.
Posted by qopel 3 years ago
qopel
Samurai, the word is "you're" not "your". Learn to write! Idiot!
Posted by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
Qopel. Your an idiot. Learn to read.
Posted by qopel 3 years ago
qopel
Sorry?
Posted by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
Haha good one...
Posted by qopel 3 years ago
qopel
I'm sorry, my screen only shows garbled nonsense every time the name "samurai" appears.
Posted by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
How do you know your being vote bombed? Maybe you deserved to lose the debate...
Posted by qopel 3 years ago
qopel
Look at my other debates. I can never win. All I get is vote bombed.
Posted by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
umm what do you mean?
Posted by qopel 3 years ago
qopel
If I forfeit I lose. When somebody else forfeits, I still lose.
Posted by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
you blame yourself not the jail... poor example...
Vote Placed by yuiru 3 years ago
yuiru
samuraiqopelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Shocking pro has the win here just because of cons forfeit. Pro gets the conduct, but his arguments were just fallacious and anyone should be able to see that. You also do not appeal to silence when voting.
Vote Placed by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
samuraiqopelTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
samuraiqopelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro for Con's forfeit, spelling and grammar to Con for Pro's bad grammar, arguments to Pro as some of his arguments remain untouched and sources to Pro for actually using a source.