SebbaN
Jerry947

God exists.

Jerry947

SebbaN

Con

First off, there is no way i can prove that god doesn't exist. Just like there is no way i can prove that flying unicorns don't exist. However, i can make you realise the likelyness of it.

I'm gonna start off by just asking you some simple questions..

There are thousands and thousands of diffrent religions. How do you know you have chosen the right one to believe in?

How are you so sure that god exists?

If everything is made by an intelligent designer, who created the intelligent designer?
Jerry947

Pro

"First off, there is no way i can prove that god doesn't exist. Just like there is no way i can prove that flying unicorns don't exist. However, i can make you realise the likelyness of it."

It all depends on your definition of proof. If we are talking about proving something beyond a reasonable doubt it really isn't hard to disprove the existence of flying unicorns.

"There are thousands and thousands of diffrent religions. How do you know you have chosen the right one to believe in?"

Because the Christian God is the only one that is moral and is the only one that died for humans.

"How are you so sure that god exists?"

I have a personal relationship with God and there are also some very good arguments for his existence. For example, there are cosmological, teleological, ontological, moral, biblical, mathematical, and etc. arguments for God. I will probably focus mainly on the moral argument for God.

"If everything is made by an intelligent designer, who created the intelligent designer?"

God is all powerful and is a being that exists necessarily. His existence does not depend on something else.

Here is the Moral argument for God:

1. If God does not exist, objective moral values do not exist.

My brief defense of this premise: Objective morals have to come from an objective source and that source can only be God.

2. Objective moral values do exist.

My brief defense of this premise: Almost all people are aware that murder, lying, stealing, and etc...are wrong. it seems crazy to believe that every person just so happens to have the same subjective opinion on these basic moral principles. There must be some sort of universal moral law that exists.

3. Therefore, God exists.

That is thee short version of the argument. Please tell me what problems you have with the argument and I will address them in the next round.
SebbaN

Con

SebbaN forfeited this round.
Jerry947

Pro

I pass this round so that things are fair.
SebbaN

Con

SebbaN forfeited this round.
Jerry947

Pro

I guess that we are done here.
Posted by missmedic 11 months ago
missmedic
God get's authority from belief and belief is subjective. On the other hand reality is objective, therefore morality based on the facts of reality would be objective morality. A hallmark of religious doctrines is "absolutist morality". All people, believer and nonbeliever alike can refer to some facts of reality as a source of moral judgments.
Posted by Natsu145 11 months ago
Natsu145
im gonna ago with the con because actually right now i am in a debate whether or not god is real. I am for god isn't real
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
SebbaNJerry947Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by lannan13 10 months ago
lannan13
SebbaNJerry947Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture