Dw1b3r
harmoniesophie

God exists

Dw1b3r

Con

If everything has a beginning and the universe was created by god, who or what created god? If you tell me that there is no creator of god you are saying that the universe could have been created in another way, and because there is no other proof that god exists there is no point of believing that god exists.

If the universe, the world and the human body is created so perfectly why do we need a god?

If god exists why is bad things happening? I mean if he controls everything and creates everything, god could stop it. There is no point of making people suffer, if god makes us suffer on purpose then that means that god is a very bad god.
harmoniesophie

Pro

I understand where you are coming from.. I am Christian but I have also doubted the existence of God because of all the awful things happening in the world. However, I have come to realize that it is not God that makes these things happen. Many people have a false persona of God.. they think he is like Santa Clause... God doesn't grand wishes and he doesn't automatically fix things that are bad. God weeps when horrible things happen in the world... He cries with us when we are sad.. but if he always fixes the sad and horrible things in our life... and if things were always happy then we wouldn't really need God.. We grow closer to God in times of fear, and sadness. Another thing is free will... In the beginning Adam and Eve were the first to have tasted evil and free will was created. God doesn't use force or his power to bring us to him or to control things. He is not that kind of God. Instead he wants us to CHOOSE him to know if we really love him with our own will. Free will is what makes chaos in the world. This was not God's intention when he first created the world. Yet God uses the bad for good. If you haven't noticed yet, almost every time when something bad happens, over time something greater will happen. God rewards and gives back what people have lost thousands fold because of their hardships. For example. Oprah Winfrey was raped at age 14.. now someone can say how does a God that exists allow that to happen? Well.. sometimes we don't see the bigger picture of things. In the same example, even though Oprah Winfrey was raped and even though it was a horrible thing for someone to have to go through. Because of her experience and hardships, she is able to comfort and help millions of people in return. God can't control bad things like this... but he can show you how much he loves you by giving you more than what you started with in the end. It hurts me when people think of God as a God of hate. There is no capability of hate in God. Besides this there are many scientific proofs of a "God" or of a more powerful being out there. The Big Bang theory states that matter created itself with a forceful pull of black holes gravity. However the Law of Conservation of Mass states that "matter can not be created nor destroyed." So matter can't create itself, therefore something bigger that is not made of matter had to have created matter. I know this sounds like a tongue twister but just stay with me:) So the theory of the world is also that it will end at sometime on it's own... yet how does matter destroy itself? This is scientifically impossible. Another one is the theory of evolution. So if we all come from monkey's and apes... then why are there still apes? And if there is evolution... then we should all be able to go online to ancestry.com and go as far back as we can and see clearly that someone in our biological line has the features of an ape. Maybe it's your great great, great grandmother.. after all we are all evolving right? No. this is not the case. If you would like to prove me wrong then show me a picture of your ancestors who were apes.. The theory of evolution is so absurd because we look at the proof of other things that evolve, yet we never truly look at the explanation of why there are still apes if we have evolved from them.. everything else that has been evolved from no longer exists.
Dw1b3r

Con

In your argument you don't prove anything you just come up with things and don't have any proof. You can look at statistics that in countries that there are more atheists or people that doesn't care about religion has a higher standard of living.

Also please answer the questions I just gave you. And can you prove that gods exists?

You say that you realize that god is in some other way then people think. Have you ever read the bible? there is no need to realize in the bible it says how god is or is suppose to be and what he does.

If god exists it feels like god is just messing with us.
harmoniesophie

Pro

Okay.. no offense but your argument doesn't support any theory of reason either.. but let me ask you this.. can you prove that God doesn't exist?
Dw1b3r

Con

Dw1b3r forfeited this round.
harmoniesophie

Pro

harmoniesophie forfeited this round.
Dw1b3r

Con

Dw1b3r forfeited this round.
harmoniesophie

Pro

harmoniesophie forfeited this round.
Posted by harmoniesophie 9 months ago
harmoniesophie
well.. can you?
Posted by bananaedmonkey 10 months ago
bananaedmonkey
"can you prove god doesn't exist. "

I actually broke out laughing right there.
Posted by harmoniesophie 10 months ago
harmoniesophie
so is lame_Livertarian agreeing with me? or disagreeing?
Posted by Lame_Libertarian 10 months ago
Lame_Libertarian
Show me a picture of your ancestor as an ape... pretty sure back then those apes didn't have cameras or any kind of census.
Posted by harmoniesophie 10 months ago
harmoniesophie
yes..I completely agree! :)
Posted by Tehseen_baloch 10 months ago
Tehseen_baloch
If everything of world which is not living can move or work without you same as you whole universe planets with a constant time ratio these alternations of day and night can bring out without GOD. GOD is creator of all of world but GOD has allowed you to lead your life bad or good according to your mind and manner
Posted by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
Or they're saying that everything that BEGINS to exist has a cause.