God is Black.

I bear witness that the Blackman and Blackwoman are God in its Supreme Condensation. And Therefore, the Fathers and Mothers of all events following

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم

I accept and look forward to our debate.

First we'll need to define "God". Let's assume the common definition, being: "The creator of all things" and/or "The eternal essence of all things" or something to that affect.

In that case, then "God" would need to not only assume but possess the quality (s) suitable for these roles.
Logically, the color of Black contains all colors on the spectrum. Therefore, God must be (based on our definition (s)) Black.

And if we assume that "God" lives in and/or is a part of all things it creates, then logic would assume the supreme representation of God to be Black in both metaphorical and literal terms.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم

I accept your definition of God “The creator of all things”

1. I’ll agree that if a supernatural entity created the universe (ie. God) that that entity would by necessity have certain characteristics.

2. Actually, the color black is “the very darkest color owing to the absence of or complete absorption of light” according to the Oxford Dictionary. So if we apply your logic, Black is the absence of light. Therefore, God must be absent. This of course is silly because the visible spectrum of light is very small and the “creator of all things” would not be limited by such a small selection of lighting options.

3. I do not accept you assumption that “God” lives in and/or is a part of all things it creates. If a god created all things there is no logical reason that would require it to have any further interaction with its creations. For example, let’s say that God created the universe via a mechanism like the Big Bang. Then, after God made sure the natural laws were in place and functioning in the intended manor, God can sit back and enjoy his/her/its creation. If you can show “God” living in and/or being a part of creation please support that argument with evidence.

My Argument

It is my position that we cannot possibly know what color God is because God is either not real, a non-physical entity, not part of our reality or unknowable.

To get to a specific God with a specific color we need to establish that

1. There are events that have been caused by supernatural forces.

2. These forces are caused by a conscious entity or group of entities.

3. Establish that there is only one entity.

4. That this entity is the God spoken of in whichever book/belief system you subscribe to.

5. Then that God is black.

1. Starting with the question “are supernatural events real?” We as humans have a track record of declaring supernatural causes to events or observations that we cannot explain. For example, lightning, earthquakes, floods, etc. were once thought to have supernatural causes. Over time, we learned how the world around us works and found that those events/observations have natural explanations. We even still make the same leap today when we can’t explain something. The creation of the universe is often declared to be a supernatural event because we cannot at this time explain what/how happened. The more honest answer in my opinion is a simple “We don’t know”. If you have an example of a supernatural event or observation please present it and any supporting evidence available.

2. If we show or assume that the universe has a supernatural cause, we would need to determine how many creators/designers were involved. To be honest, it is my opinion that the complexity of the universe would lead us to thing that a group of creators/designers worked together. After all when we design something as simple as a car we need to work as a group to design and build that car. Wouldn’t something as big and complex as reality itself lead us to think there was a team that created it?

3,4. Let’s say that we have established that it was one creator/designer and that this entity came to us and began a dialog or relationship establishing a religion. How do we discover which of the proposed creator/designer gods is the one and true God? If one types “Monotheism” in to Wikipedia it would seem that there are many proposed singular gods ranging from the God of Atenism to the God of Zoroastrianism. I am operating under the assumption that you are a follower of the God of one of the Abrahamic religions. If so do you have a way to show that it was this God and not another that is real?

5. After all of that is established, I think that God would be whatever color he wants you to think he is (this is based on nothing that my opinion). If you have evidence that he would be a specific color please present it.

Thank you and I look forward to our discussion of this topic.

Hope all is well,

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم

Lol... You all are hilarious. Ok I forfeit :)

قُلْ هُوَ ٱللَّهُ أَحَدٌ
ٱللَّهُ ٱلصَّمَدُ
لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُۥ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌۢ

Well it's just me but I guess I'll accept the forfeit. Next add the assumption of God existing to the first debate and you might have more luck.

Blackangel forfeited this round.

Argument extended.

Blackangel forfeited this round.

wampe forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfieutre