Haro
cydrickcenal

God is Flawed

cydrickcenal has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Haro

Pro

God is always thought to be perfect. This is the single driving factor in religions good and evil black and white thinking. Then it came into my head that perhaps God is flawed.Remove for a second religious dogma I talk about God without religion. Perhaps he's more like one of us with baggage not perfect not divine terribly flawed individual. Why do people starve in the world, women are raped and sold into sex slave trades. The universe is a hot bed of asteroids destroying planets. I have to go with flawed. I think God is flawed.
cydrickcenal

Con

God our Father, My Personal Lord and Savior is the ONLY God, He is perfect in every way, in any angle in anytime. What's my proof? Take a look around, everything is designed uniquely for each has its own purpose. God is prefect, He is not flawed. satan once tempted Jesus for several days but Jesus did no sin. God has a plan for all of us, no event can be called a co incident because it is all planned since the beginning of time. people starve because God destined them to be on that place, destined them to experience that kind of experience, and God gives that circumstances because God tests their faith, God does not give problems that can't be overcome, it is just that people give up easily. God's plan is beyond our capacity to think, even Charles Darwin, the father of Evolution, he DENIED his theory of the origin of human because he cannot explain where did this things came from, and good thing, it is all from God , we are all God's creation. God is not religion my friend, No religion can save us when judgement time will come , it is by Jesus Christ that will save us. if God is not perfect, how can we walk on this planet? why did he put planet Earth on the 3rd planet? it is because God loves us He does not want us to burn in heat and froze in cold. God is not thought to be perfect, He Is perfect. But as I end my round, something came into my mind, My God is the Father in Heaven, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Who's yours?
Haro

Pro

People starving and dieing in countries and you call it an "experience" I call it death. That's what they get to enjoy and experience because somehow it's to complicated to figure out for our simple minds. Charles Darwin did not recant his theroy that's propaganda from Fundamentalist Group AnswersInGenesis led by Ken Ham. God is flawed he doesn't stop crimes committed in his name. People dieing from lack of water and food and people shrug it off. Somehow in their twisted mind maybe they deserve it? Right.. There's a quote by a philospher Epicurus - ""Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Posted by Pigney 1 month ago
Pigney
Do your parents hate you because they punish you? no and likewise neither does God. Pro's arguments are simply absurd. As far as morals, the only reason why morals exist is because there is a God. You can verse pick and take things out of context, but that proves nothing, because it is out of context. God is the giver of morals, not the subject of human morals. God is not flawed or immoral because humans want Him to be. Humans seem to have a history of trying to make themselves into God.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 month ago
TheRealSpassky101
Morally speaking, God is one of the most flawed things in existence. If you actually read the Bible, you would understand.

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."
- Psalm 137:9
Posted by PsionicTurtle 1 month ago
PsionicTurtle
No, Pro's argument is that for an all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving god to exist, that they cannot be one of those two things. If god is both, then he sees all rape, murder, and starvation and does NOTHING. If he truly was all-loving he would intervene and prevent suffering. Most who believe will say it is his way of testing you, but what sick excuse is that? That is sadism, not love. Unless you starve to death billions, possibly trillions of people you care for? Unless, of course, God is not all-knowing, so they cannot see all of the sufferings across the globe, or can do nothing to stop it, making them not all-powerful. Also, what twisted entity would create Hell? If god loved humans, why would he create a giant fire-torture pit specifically to punish them? And why the murder of the first-born sons? They didn't do anything wrong!

And quick side note on free will; if God is all-powerful then he should be able to see the future, with complete accuracy. But if we have free will, he cannot see our moves ahead of time, creating quite the paradox.
Posted by cwt002 1 month ago
cwt002
So Pro's argument is because bad things happen, God does not exist or flawed? In other words, for God to exist, you think there should be no free will?