God is ONE, not a trinity as per the Hebrew Bible

Round 1 - Acceptance, Opening Statements, and Questions Only
Round 2 - Opening Arguments Only (No rebuttals)
Round 3 - Rebuttals Only
Round 4 - Counter-Rebuttals
Round 5 - Closing Arguments and Closing Statements

My opponent will have to prove reasonably that G-d is a trinity only by using the Hebrew Bible. The new Testament cannot be used.

Definition of Trinity - Tri-Unity - Complex Unity:

God as three consubstantial persons, expressions, or hypostases: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit; "one God in three persons"

Serious debate only.

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the [ak]sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. - Gen 1:26-27.

The first round was only to accept the debate....

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate.

I will answer my opponent argument with his other argument in round 2.

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is ONE! Deuteronomy 6:1

19. Zechariah 14:9 " And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

This is the foundation of Judaism and one of the main reason why the Jewish people refuse to bow to Jesus. G-d is one, and having three distinct person is polytheism.

But let us first look at the verse showing G-d is one and alone.

Exodus 8:10
Then he said, "Tomorrow." So he said, "May it be according to your word, that you may know that there is no one like the LORD our God.

Deuteronomy 4:35
"To you it was shown that you might know that the LORD, He is God; there is no other besides Him.
Deuteronomy 32:12
"The LORD alone guided him, And there was no foreign god with him.
Deuteronomy 32:39
'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.
Isaiah 44:6
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.
Isaiah 45:5
"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me;
Isaiah 44:8
Do not tremble and do not be afraid; Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it? And you are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none.'"
Isaiah 45:6
That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other,
18. Joel 2:27 " And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Deuteronomy 4:39
"Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the LORD, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.
Isaiah 43:10
"You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.
Isaiah 45:14
Thus says the LORD, "The products of Egypt and the merchandise of Cush And the Sabeans, men of stature, Will come over to you and will be yours; They will walk behind you, they will come over in chains And will bow down to you; They will make supplication to you: 'Surely, God is with you, and there is none else, No other God.'"

No other are like HIM.
Exodus 9:14
"For this time I will send all My plagues on you and your servants and your people, so that you may know that there is no one like Me in all the earth.
1 Samuel 2:2
"There is no one holy like the LORD, Indeed, there is no one besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God.
Isaiah 46:9
"Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me,

This is clear, G-d is one, there is no other gods beside HIM, He alone deserves worship and for that really reason Jesus is a new arrival god that the Children of Israel did not know. Worshipping Jesus breaks the first commandment ( "You shall have no other gods before Me). My opponent will try to prove that One does not mean one. That one can mean more than one, but with all those verses, it is clear that G-d is alone and G-d is the only one.

I will wait for my opponent answer and will explain why Gen 1:26-27 and the like don't mean that one is a plural unity.

Thank you

This verse refer to plural majesty as even Trinitarian Christian Websites agree:

Another explanation could be that G-d spoke to the angels.

As per all the bible verse I put G-d is one and the Trinity is not biblical. I will wait for my opponent to provide proper proofs that god is three in one, and not ONE as Deuteronomy says.

Thank you

Who is Godspeaking to in Gen 1?

Who is Godspeaking to in Gen 1?

G-d said it.

The same as Queen Victoria saying "We are not amused".

Was she more than one?

Or maybe another interesting quote from the gruffalo's child by Julia Donaldson, when the child (singluar) said to her father " What does he look like ? Tell us, Dad. Is he terribly big and terribly bad ? "

But again, if G-d is not using plural majesty, he could speak to angels who stand in His presence

"I saw the Lord seated on His throne, and all the host of heaven were standing by Him, on His right and on His left." (I Kings 22:19)

There is no reason to believe God is more than one as the verb is singular. נַֽעֲשֶׂה

And again, the Bible said "God created man in HIS own image, in the image of God HE created him; male and female HE created them."

I ask again, who is His speaking to? Who is included in the us?

As G-d is infinite and is a Spirit, he does not have a mouth to speak. The Bible uses expressions for us to understand. The same can be true when G-d said "Sit at my right hand". It does not mean that the King in Psalm 2 will literally sit at the right hand of G-d. The same is true when the Bible talks about the face of the earth. It is not a literal face as we both know that the earth has not face. The same is true when G-d said "let there be light", G-d does not have a body and he is not actually standing in the emptiness of space. G-d is infinite and he used ways for us to understand how he created the universe. We would not be able to understand how if he would not use things common to us like speaking, standing and sitting.

Or if you want to keep it literal, as I said in the previous argument G-d could also be speaking to the angels and included them in the creation of men.

Well, unfortunately, you chose intellectual dishonesty to maintain your heresy. The grammar of the passage makes it clear that God is speaking to the other members of the Godhead, speaking to them about what they should do in creating man in their image, the image of God. I win.
Posted by persianimmortal 8 months ago
Advice to James 3:1
Posted by whiteflame 8 months ago
>Reported vote: TheBunnyAssassin// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: A man can't split into 3, sorry for breaking your bubble.

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD. Just the voter"s opinion on the trinity.
Posted by ViceRegent 8 months ago
Given his rejection of Gen 1, this is a lie.
Posted by CapAhab 8 months ago
I believe in the Hebrew Bible. I am not Jewish, but believe in Judaism. You could call me a Noahide I guess.
Posted by Rami 8 months ago
What religion are you? You clearly aren't Christian.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 8 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were not refuted, merely questioned. The BOP was shared and Con provided no argument meaning that there was a very low chance of him achieving his BOP. Pro provided arguments that weren't refuted by Con but merely questioned. He asked very brief questions about very specific elements of Pro's arguments. Due to the fact that Con didn't refute or even attempt to refute Pro's arguments, Pro wins by default.