maysayso
blackfirewolf

God is Real

blackfirewolf

maysayso

Pro

I first would like to thank whoever accept my challenge since I believe in God and I would like to see what other people think. Thank you also to the people who have commented since the more variety of comments the better.

Just a few of the many reasons to believe in God
  1. How was the earth created? You may answer the scientific result 'A Big Bang' but what caused the big bang huh? And you can you answer this in detail? How was the big bang created?
  2. How was Man created?
  3. How did things get names without people? If things got named before humans were created, like dinosaurs did you expect them to name themselves do you?
  4. If Earth wasn't here before the big bang supposedly, how was it created and how was it names?

If you can answer all of those questions reasonably and believably I will be surprised and a few others I know would be to.

blackfirewolf

Con

First off, I am delighted to have this debate with you. Just so you know, this is my first debate so I am still new to how things are done here. I would like to have some fun with this but if you feel that religion is a touchy subject for you I will happily play this in a formal way. I mean no offense to religion or anyones beliefs. Now on with the challenge!

1.http://www.big-bang-theory.com... (this has some very interesting information on it that may answer you're questions. However i am not postive on how reliable this source is.)(I'm not sure if this will become a link after I post this but if it doesn't I'm sorry for any hassles).
2.I watched an episode on the Discovery Channel about this. Supposedly,when the earth was still new, there happened to be water on the planet. Don't ask how water was on the planet it just was. (Besides, earth is not the only planet with water on it, just the only one with KNOWN life on it.) Anyways, in the water were tiny microscopic plants in which involvation took over. One of the facts that still puzzles scientists though, is how these new creatures crawled out of the ocean and started to live on land. However, you have to realize that this amount of involvation would take billions of years to fully devolope into the humans of today. Heck, it proberly took tens of billions of years.
3.This is slightly simple to explain. Nothing was named until humans first got on the planet. The term like "dinosaurs" came because thats what the humans decided to call them. In better words, things weren't named when humans weren't there. Or maybe they did name themselves but we won't ever know that because there is no one still alive from billions of years ago (duh) and writing wasn't invented yet. Besides this, dinosaurs had died out before humans crawled out of the sea.;)
4.For the first part of this question see #1. And for the name bit see #3.

Hopefully that was reasonably believable and answers your questions. I'm sorry for any spelling errors. I am only 14 and when I get excited and start typing faster my spelling and grammar usually goes out the window (how i am getting an A in English class is anyones guess).
Now, mainly you have just put forth the "big bang theory" which, if I'm being totally honest, I myself don't believe in(but i don't believe in God either. I'm Atheist). So, if you don't mind, I would like to put forth my own opinions about the whole "how was the earth created" question. Please excuse me, as half of my theories are so crazy you'll proberly think I'm off my rocker. At worst case, you drop the debate because of my craziness. At best case it will leave you wondering about the world and maybe,just maybe, something like this is real. If anything else, you can just laugh at me! XD

1.Aliens.(i know). I believe that the gap left between the human race and other animals is too wide. Why are the humans on top or why are we so different? If you haven't read a book called "I am Number Four" then I will explain some of the ideas in the book. That the aliens give humans fire and knowledge because of how alike they were to each other. And that the aliens umm, "did it" with the humans to create some incredible half-human, half-alien creature that was above the rest of the humans (a.k.a famous, genuis people like Mozart or Einstein). This may seem a little far-fetched but if you concentrate on the gap i mentationed it will start to make you think. o_O
2. Aliens again. My last point was stolen from books and online resources. This theory is one I came up with myself. If there is actually stuff on my theory online or in books or movies, I haven't seen it! This is purely what came to me when pondering about life. Much more wacky in my opinion.
Our universe is actually very small. Small enough to fit in a glass tank lets say. We,humans, are in fact an experiment that aliens started. We are, to say, amusement to them. Racing around thinking we know so much, praying to gods that don't exist(sorry), and in the process, killing both ourselves and the planet. Lets say we are a failed experiment, No? (3
3.Involation, as i was saying higher up. I mean, is it that hard to believe that we involved from apes?(that was a dis on people, people) Animals are still involving today so why not billions of years ago as well?
And lastly,4. Maybe, just maybe, we aren't actually here. Ever think of that? Maybe we are in a dream world. 'Cause think about it, you don't actually know what you look like. Sure we have reflections and mirrors and stuff but really, how do we know that is what's actually there?

Sorry for my wacky theories. Right now this is all I can think of, though I do have a few more ideas that escape me right now....

I eagerly await your response! And all the best luck to try to run me into the ground! XD
maysayso

Pro

maysayso forfeited this round.
blackfirewolf

Con

Ummm I'm not sure if my opponent has forgotten this debate but I will still see if they come though. I'll forfeit this round and wait for my opponents response. :D
maysayso

Pro

Sorry that I forfeited the last round, I was away and left all means of technology here- and then forgot my password! And sorry about that naming question I am sure I did not put that in there. Oh well.

1. I continue to question the big bang theory- how was that 'balloon' created? I know you do not believe in that- so let say that you 'wacky theory' as you put it- sorry, again!- is true then where are the aliens now? It is possible that the died off, but would they not leave some evidence?
2. Involution isn't THAT hard to believe but why haven't the other animals involved so quickly? If they are involving 'before our eyes' than can you give me some evidence please? This is not sarcasm- I really want some!
3.For your super being thing you would need a human and an alien for that - to create a half - and there wasn't a human back then to actually create the entire human race.
Sorry again about forfeiting- I will not do it again, oh and thanks for forfeiting to.
Sorry if I offended you in any way during this argument- I did not mean to.
I await your response- happy debating!
blackfirewolf

Con

Hey good to know your actually still checking this debate! Don't worry; you didn't offend me in any way! In fact, you're probably the first person to be polite about my wackiness because everyone else looks at me strange then backs away slowly! (My family also thinks I'm nuts!:) Anyways...

1. The big bang theory is actually very easy to understand (at least, it makes sense to me). Who isn't to say that a star exploded in space, creating our planet that over time involved and created plants and animals?
As for the aliens, I have a few suggestions. One, who knows where the aliens are now? Maybe they are all hiding from the humans or maybe we can't find them. The unverise is HUGE! We could not explore it all because we don't have the technology, while maybe the aliens do. That way they will only be found if they WANT to be found.
Two, if the aliens had died off they may not have left any evidence behind. Maybe they evapourated (Hey, who knows? Happens in movies! XD) or the lack of gravity in space made them disappear into a black hole or whatever. Like I said before, the universe is huge and there is no way we have explored even a quarter of it. So maybe there are remains we just haven't found yet. Another thing: maybe we have found remains! Ask yourself: if the government found evidence of aliens do you really think they would have told the public? No, they would hide the evidence in area 51 or something because I'm pretty sure the people would freak if they knew aliens lived.

2. THIS, IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! http://www.cracked.com...

3.Oops, I think you misunderstood what I was saying here. I was NOT saying that a mixed breed of alien-humans created the human race. I just got a little carried away explaining about that book I was talking about (It's quite a good book). Sorry for your confusion. I will try to stay more ummmm, on topic. (3

Oh, and no problem that I forfeited round 2. I wanted to see your response before I started more theories. I await your response!!! XD
maysayso

Pro

maysayso forfeited this round.
blackfirewolf

Con

:D I'll wait!
maysayso

Pro

Really sorry 'bout that.-
As you put your theories I think I'll 1 of mine:
Maybe God created a big bang out of stars as a compromise with your therories so creating the earth.

Say that one of the stars did explode then how was the trees and the flowers created because for that you would have to have a starter seed to spread them and across the sea? Also animals wouldn't just appear. Imagine!

So if aliens were then wouldn't the archeologist tell his wife who may tell their kids supposing they had some who would forget to be quiet about it and tell their friends who would tell their mums and so on and then the secret would leak out eventually.

Gossip gets around quick you know!
blackfirewolf

Con

I'm pretty sure I have already covered this but I'll repeat myself. If a star did explode, and with the assumption that there is water on earth, it would be quite easy for plants and animals to evolve over millions of years. Would probably start as bacteria in the water, micro-plants and animals that over long periods of time started to gain intelligance, till they one day just walked out of the ocean. Of course, I'm not an expert on this I'm basically just using common sense here. So technically, There were "starter seeds."

And aliens? The government would pay BIG to shut people up and if the person don't zip their lips then they would probably find themselves the victum of a suspisous car accident or something. Point is, gossip may get around but society doesn't screw around. Besides, who would believe anything about aliens? There are tons of government conspiracy theories, alien cover-ups, and lots of people claiming to "know" something. But noboby takes them seriously.

Anyways, thanks for the debate (though I think we never really got to the point in this debate. I kinda felt like we were going in circles but it was fun! It was fun!)
Good luck and VOTE CON!!! :D
Posted by blackfirewolf 4 years ago
blackfirewolf
Very well put DaileyScience! I agree fully. Why should I throw my whole life away to blindly follow a religion? If there is a God i think he would want us to live our lives instead of wasting this gift away. Just my thoughts...
Posted by DaileyScience 4 years ago
DaileyScience
I love these debates but i cant seem to rap my head around how many people still believe in god when so much evil is associted with him. Ive freed myself from religion because i want to explore this planet and figure out things for myself. You cant expect a race as young as us humans to have digured out how the world began but one day i believe we'll have the answer. ( its what i look most forward too and hope to see in my lifetime.)
Posted by GorefordMaximillion 4 years ago
GorefordMaximillion
Good debate!

Maysayso, feel free to challenge me to the same debate! :)

I will take the con.
Vote Placed by GorefordMaximillion 3 years ago
GorefordMaximillion
maysaysoblackfirewolfTied
Reasons for voting decision: con answered some of pro's questions from round 1, but in terms of arguments I kinda seeing this as a draw... maybe slightly in favor of con. too many ff from pro to effectively counter con.
Vote Placed by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
maysaysoblackfirewolfTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never made any arguments for the existence of God, and Con never made any arguments against the existence of God, so I tied them on arguments. I gave conduct to Con because Pro forfeited two rounds.