Sola.Gratia
AnthonyM

God is Self-Existent

AnthonyM

Sola.Gratia

Pro

How can anyone say that God doesn't exist? Yet the air we breathe comes directly from Him and the hearts beat only because He permits it.
AnthonyM

Con

I consider myself a Christian. However, you can not say that God exists simply because you are alive. That's a beautiful, poetic way to describe your love for God, but it doesn't prove his existence. I appreciate your argument, but I don't believe it's an accurate way to explain to people why God exists.
Sola.Gratia

Pro

I understand what your saying but it took someone to create us. God. We both can agree with that. But what about the evolutionists? They believe we came from a bang theory and that we started off as apes. I'd say God creating us has every way of proving His existence as well. Even the nature itself is evidential. I appreciate your point of view though. And thank you for responding
AnthonyM

Con

There is plenty of scientific proof for evolution. Also, evolution doesn't believe that we came from apes, but that we are closely linked. Our genes are extremely similar. Our existence is not proof of God. Deism believes that there are natural laws, made by God, and that He just lets them take their course. This is evolution, among many others.
Sola.Gratia

Pro

How can a Christian agree with evolution? Don't you know that even science proves the Bible which would thus prove Gods existence.
AnthonyM

Con

AnthonyM forfeited this round.
Sola.Gratia

Pro

Thank you for your participation. Hope I didn't offend you. God bless.
AnthonyM

Con

Sorry, I was unable to answer due to some very hectic days.
Evolution isn't something to be agreed with. It is proven and real, and accepted by the vast majority of scientists. To say that you don't believe in evolution is to say that you don't believe in gravity, or air. They are both very real.
What parts of the Bible are proven by science?
Sola.Gratia

Pro

Hello friend,
Its okay. hope all is well. Anyways, to your thoughts, I don't see how a Christian can say that evolution is real and scientifically proven? That just doesn't go together. Either your a Christian or your an evolutionist.

No, science cannot prove the Bible, but it makes sense as to why it doesn't.. Something cannot be proven if no one accepts it.. Evolution is fallacy, because the Bible strictly says that God created it and everything in it.. Not a "bang" theory.. If someone believes the evolution theory it is because they accept it and believe it.. But if it is true,nothing is amazingly continuing to happen if in fact evolution is true.. But if God is real and the Bible is true, there are clearly evidential things in the Bible that has said things that is shown.. The earth was made, there's the sun moon stars. there's men and women. there's all kinds of animals. there's wars and fights. Jesus walked on the earth (is recorded in Historical accounts). The Bible was written by inspired men of God.. Prophecies from the Old Testament came true for the New Testament.. And things that are happening today is actually recorded in the Bible as well prophecy for today's society.. Check it out yourself..

Thank you for answering my questions and asking questions. Wished we could have gotten more debates in, but its alright. God bless. :)
AnthonyM

Con

The fact is, the Bible is thousands of years old. It has been edited countless times, and although I have my faith, I don't believe that the entire Bible is true. When the Bible was written, they didn't have the knowledge or technology to fully grasp the world around them. It took the scientific minds of the ages to develop the knowledge that we have today. Evolution is a fact. Just because we exist, does not mean that the Christian way is the answer. Ancient Hindu texts have a creation story, along with Muslim texts. If what you are saying is true, then that would be proof that Allah exists, or that the Hindu gods and goddesses exist.
I appreciate the time taken to debate this.
Posted by Sola.Gratia 4 years ago
Sola.Gratia
How do you think that by my last comment that if what I'm saying is true that it proves the other religions to be true? Doesn't click?.. I serve one God and One God Alone.. The Bible is accurate.. Check for yourself.. Search it out.. Read it if you do not believe me.. Study, study, study...
Vote Placed by Cloud 4 years ago
Cloud
Sola.GratiaAnthonyMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Quite a close debate after the forfeiting, but generally had to sway for Con's reasoning, and the Bible is not a reliable resource, so...
Vote Placed by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
Sola.GratiaAnthonyMTied
Reasons for voting decision: I didn't think anything Pro said amounted to an argument that God is self-existent. At best, if her arguments were sound, it only justifies the conclusion that God exists. Since the burden of proof was on Pro, and Pro didn't carry her burden of proof, I gave arguments to Con. But I gave conduct to Pro for Con's forfeit.
Vote Placed by rross 4 years ago
rross
Sola.GratiaAnthonyMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct point to Pro because of the forfeit. Like Con, I thought Pro's arguments were poetic. I don't see that evolution proves or disproves the existence of God. Even if Pro had been successful dismissing evolution (and she wasn't), she still needs to provide evidence of God's existence in addition to her own beliefs.