pierson73
HyugaNeji45

God is a Man made idea and nothing more or less.

pierson73

Pro

Rules:
(1) If my opponent writes any argument, rebuttal, etc, in the last round, he will FF the entire debate with a 7 point loss.
(2) 10k character limits.
(3) No semantics or trolling. This will result in a ff.
(4) First round is acceptance and a little where u stand.
HyugaNeji45

Con

Now, I would like to begin by stating that I do not necessarily agree with this side of the argument; but I do expect a good, fair debate, and look forward to seeing what you have to say, Pro.
pierson73

Pro

I would like to state off from the beginning it took me this long to respond because I was caught up in school work and work , so I apologize. I also wasn't very precise of what God I was talking about either and I was intending to talk about the God of the bible or referred to as Yahweh and Jesus Christ.

Now that is cleared up and actually back to the debate. Christianity is a man-made construct because of how heavily plagiarized it is from other dead religions or "pagan" religions. For example, Jesus Christ is copy-cat fraud of just many other religions that came from varied cultures over the world such as: Buddha from Asian, Heracles and Dionysus from Greek culture, and Horus from Egyptian culture. All of them came from different parts of the world and times ,but with uncanny differences. I am going to focus on Horus just because he is probably the most similar to Jesus. Horus was born of a virgin and was the son of god (Osiris). Then three kings bring bearing gifts ,sound similar to the three wise men XD? The day Horus was born was the day of December 21 or the 25 th. He also did very similar acts and miracles of Jesus such as walk on water and heal the sick. Then crucified, went to hell and three days magically resurrected and brought to heaven. These similarities are beyond deniable but why are Christians above else so quickly to cast it out as "Egyptian Mythology"? Ancient people couldn't explain the world around them so they used the supernatural and created the gods to explain what was going on around them. But today in modern times science can explain most of these things so these ancient constructed man-made gods become obsolete and no one believes in them. What I am basically saying is that if Christianity rip offed something that is man-made and are considered myth ,doesn't that make God and Jesus man-made? As an example if student A cheated off student B and student B had put down the wrong answer and since student A copied this wrong answer , what makes student A right and student B wrong? (Student A Christianity , Student B Horus).
By the way, if I hadn't mentioned something obvious Christianity came second.

If Christianity was something more than man-made something of the supernatural instead wouldn't it be better conveyed? Like if there was omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent ( all good) , omnipresent and perfect he could easily send his message out completely without any struggle. I mean he can literally appear to everyone at the same time with an explanation the person could understand because he is all powerful, all knowing , and perfect. This guy is supposed to be all good too ,but around 5 billion burn in hell for just getting the wrong message. Instead like a plagiarized copy-cat he uses an ancient book written by primal man to send his message to the world ,like almost every other "false or dead" religion.
Sorry if I don't make any sense it is 3:25 Am and I am quite tired. If you are one of those people just in case here is the source I primarily used http://listverse.com...
and I used wiki for the number of non-christians http://en.wikipedia.org...
HyugaNeji45

Con

HyugaNeji45 forfeited this round.
pierson73

Pro

I feel like you are going to forfeit this round too so i will not type an argument.
HyugaNeji45

Con

HyugaNeji45 forfeited this round.
HyugaNeji45

Con

HyugaNeji45 forfeited this round.
pierson73

Pro

pierson73 forfeited this round.
HyugaNeji45

Con

HyugaNeji45 forfeited this round.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Faith is not an adequate or reasonable defense of any belief or belief system which purports to have any empirical connection to the reality which we all share. Faith is also an unreliable and irrational basis for singling out one religion and claiming that it is true while all other religions, as well as any competing secular philosophies, are false. If you are accountable and responsible and you want to understand the way things really are, then you don't need a god.
Human vanity, ignorance, fear the unknown, and the fear of knowing are among the last reasons anyone still believes in a God. Faith is not a virtue.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
anonymous.... I do not " need " the bible to live. But it sure comes in handy if a doctor tells you have terminal cancer.And its wisdom in monetary situations is unlimited.The bible never tells us to blame anyone else but the guy in the mirror.

We all walk by faith. I walk by faith by believing that God is in His word, and his word is for me.You walk by faith in believing the word of atheistic voices.And since neither of us can prove by hard evidence, then we will both have to wait till we die to see who is right.

Bible faith is, " the substance of things hoped for, it is the evidence of things not revealed to the five senses."I have never seen beginning of life. So, I have to take by faith that God spoke, and started life. Because that is what his word says.

You have to take by faith that life just popped up. Of course you can conjecture how it happened. Until someone actually makes it happen, then it can never be but a glorified theory.
Posted by vijay1218 2 years ago
vijay1218
If we consider that God is a man made idea nothing more or less, how did this universe made. Any physical item should come out of another physical item. But what i ask is from where the first physical item of this universe come? Definitely it should not be out of another physical item because it is the first item. Except God who made that first physical item....
Posted by AnnonymousCritic456 2 years ago
AnnonymousCritic456
People who claim to "understand" the bible, tend to need someone,or something to fall back on and blame. Religion does fairly well on this.

Faith= Blind beliefs in materials, or ideals with almost or no proof
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Exactly. I am not emotionally attached to the bible. What I have is much deeper than emotions. It is a knowing inside that supercedes emotions.There has been in my life very emotional situations. But the anchor of my soul to God's word helped me overcome the fickleness of emotions.I am not a sweet by and by kind of a guy. If God's word and covenants did not work here, I would have probably been very weak in my belief. Like most religious people today.Whole denominations famous for believing nothing but church rituals .
Posted by Innerstrength 2 years ago
Innerstrength
In quantum mechanics, we have learned to approach reality and see everything as probabilities instead of certainties. In a mathematical sense, everything is possible. As well as in science as in our daily lives, the extent to which we can calculate or figure out probabilities is determined by our intellectual capability to recognise patterns. The less biased we are, the clearer we can identify these patterns and base our action on reasonable probabilities. Since it"s in the very nature of our brains left hemisphere to deny ideas that do not fit into our current paradigm, the more attracted we are to a belief system, the less able we are to make conscious choices for ourselves. But by observing this process, we expand our awareness and enhance our free will.
It is said that wisdom comes with age, but with openness and scepticism, the key principles of the scientific method, we don"t need decades of trial and error to sort out which of our convictions may be improbable. The questions is not whether our beliefs are right or wrong, but whether or not being emotionally attached to them is more or less likely to benefit us. There is no such thing as free choice while being emotionally attached to a belief system.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Man has made thousands of gods over thousands of years and all have been myths. The greatest failing of religion is that it gives faith value.
Posted by flash7221 2 years ago
flash7221
Should be fun watching all the religious people come in her guns blazing about how their god is real with zero proof whatsoever.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Religion is a man made idea. Not God. God created man. Man created religion.Your faith there is no God is awesome. I could never look on the complexity of life in this eco-system and think, " this is all an accident of nature."But you have such great faith that all this is just random accidents of nature.My hat off to you.
Posted by JoshuaDebates 2 years ago
JoshuaDebates
Honey all ideas are man made. This is a silly debate.